LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 204 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trade for Lebron.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
I was primarily thinking of a veteran CB. I like some of their youg talent, but they dont have a true #1 CB.

Are you talking about the SF 49ers when you refer to "their talent?

You might want to consider the following:

Perrish Cox leads the NFL with 12 passes defended.

Perrish Cox is tied for first in interceptions with 3.

Our pass defense has allowed 5.9 yards per pass attempt; 1st in the league.

Our pass defense has allowed a comp% of 55.9; 1st in the NFL.

Our pass defense has given up 207 yards a game; 2nd in the NFL.

Quarterbacks have a 73.7 Quarterback rating against SF; 4th best in the NFL.

Our pass defense is tied for 5th in interceptions with 7.

[ Edited by buck on Oct 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
trade crabtree. he's gone after this year anyway.

if he would garner anything more than a 3rd round pick i would be surprised. he's had one, 1000 yard season, and barely even got that.

can't wait till this crabtree era is over, he can't even out produce a mid-30 year old, and even the new comer stevie johnson is playing better than him. he's the prime case of a player that got way to obsessed with himself before his NFL career even started, just because he was good in college. i'm kinda glad the NFL kicked his ass, him and mc hammer can go lobby for a max WR contract from another team, i'm sure the Raiders would bite. and that's the reality of it, the kid probably still thinks of himself as an elite WR.

I don't agree with that at all. Kaepernick still looks for Crabtree when we need to move the chains and more importantly when the game is on the line. Let them grow together in this offense, The fact is Crab takes more attention away from Boldin and Boldin and Crab take the attention away from Stevie. Boldin has maybe 2 more years left in the tank, and Lloyd is probably gone after this season. Groom Crab and Stevie as the future combo.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Didn't read any comments so, sorry if this is similar to any posts....

We are deepest at the WR position than any other position. Although, all it takes is one or two injuries and we'll wish we didn't get rid of any of them. We're always gonna be a SB contender with HarBaalke around (IMO), this year is no exception.

This season is looking more real than ever (even with the losses)... we need all the horses we have for this run. Not to mention, all the vets that stuck around and busted that ass deserve a ring. After we get the 6th... we can talk trades after that.
I would love to see us make a trade for Josh Gordon. I know people are going to say "What about his Marijuana problem." The dude is arguably top 5 at his position. We have a good receiving group now. He would put us over the top. Just like Aldon Smith is worth the risk, so is Gordon. I like Crabtree but the likelihood that he returns after this year isn't good. Gordon would be a nightmare for defenses. Crabtree isn't a nightmare for defenses but will want to be paid as a top WR. Gordon would still be able to help us win the SB this year. I would trade Crabtree for Gordon and not even blink an eye.
  • CMIO
Looking over the QB performance for the year sonfar, the Niners pass defense seems to be playing well.
W-Romo 281 yds/ 1 TD/ 3int
L-Cutler 176/4 TD/0 int
L-Stanton 244/2 TD/0 int
W-Foles 195/ 0 TD/ 2 int
W-Smith 158/1 TD/ 1 int
W-Davis 236/1 TD/1 int

However, in the losses to the Bears and Cards, Cutler and Stanton moved the ball at will. If the Niners want to make a real run at the Super Bowl this year they're going to face some of the best QB trying to get there. Everyone struggles against Manning, but it'll show their secondaries ability to play with a Super Bowl favorite.

Alex Smith
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
Jo..send Vance McDonald & mike iupati ..to Cleveland for josh Gordon

What? I like Gordon but, no way...
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Now that makes sense and If I could I would make that trade in a heart beat

What? Josh Gordon's coming off a year suspension and most likely will continue to miss some games due to his propensity to smoke marijuana. Iupati is a solid NFL veteran and while McDonald is still a work in progress, I'd like to be able to count on their replacement(s).
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I'm here for the Bowman trade
Originally posted by Garcia:
I'm here for the Bowman trade

? Are you suggesting trading Bowman? Or are you referring to the draft-day trade that netted Bowman? Because Bowman is way too good to trade unless we got like JJ Watt back.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
? Are you suggesting trading Bowman? Or are you referring to the draft-day trade that netted Bowman? Because Bowman is way too good to trade unless we got like JJ Watt back.

Dude can't stay healthy

Borland will be just as good even if t-rex arms
Originally posted by larjon53:
We need to try to trade some of the players that will be cut when Bowman, Aldon, Brock,And Lattimore get activated. We might lose some of these players and get nothing for them.

But then they would lose the players they traded for, no? Unless they traded for draft picks.

Dude can't stay healthy

• Phil
  • Veteran
Looking over the QB performance for the year sonfar, the Niners pass defense seems to be playing well.
W-Romo 281 yds/ 1 TD/ 3int
L-Cutler 176/4 TD/0 int
L-Stanton 244/2 TD/0 int
W-Foles 195/ 0 TD/ 2 int
W-Smith 158/1 TD/ 1 int
W-Davis 236/1 TD/1 int

However, in the losses to the Bears and Cards, Cutler and Stanton moved the ball at will. If the Niners want to make a real run at the Super Bowl this year they're going to face some of the best QB trying to get there. Everyone struggles against Manning, but it'll show their secondaries ability to play with a Super Bowl favorite.
Ward. It was a mistake thinking a safety could step in his rookie year and play in the slot in a much more faster and bigger NFL. Baalke did the same with Culliver, drafted a safety to play corner. Luckily Ward is out with an injury this Sunday.
  • Phil
  • Veteran

Dude can't stay healthy

wtf?
Share 49ersWebzone