LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 269 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
do we really have to make a trade just because the Seahawks did?
Originally posted by Crown:
do we really have to make a trade just because the Seahawks did?

Yes...it's a new rule! The niners have to trade their biggest complainer to the Jets for an undisclosed pick. It's called the "Harbaugh's lost the lockerroom rule."
Not unless we got a crazy good deal. While the Seahawks obviously blew it trading for Harvin initially, they were able to recoup some of the sunk cost.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Not unless we got a crazy good deal. While the Seahawks obviously blew it trading for Harvin initially, they were able to recoup some of the sunk cost.

They made a pretty quick turn around on the guy, which will help, but they still made an egregious error!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

They made a pretty quick turn around on the guy, which will help, but they still made an egregious error!

Oh I agree... They lost out on a 1st rounder, a 3rd rounder, plus the $$ they sunk into him could have gone to keeping a FA.

Very bad trade, with long-lasting ramifications!!
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Originally posted by Butter:
Looking over the QB performance for the year sonfar, the Niners pass defense seems to be playing well.
W-Romo 281 yds/ 1 TD/ 3int
L-Cutler 176/4 TD/0 int
L-Stanton 244/2 TD/0 int
W-Foles 195/ 0 TD/ 2 int
W-Smith 158/1 TD/ 1 int
W-Davis 236/1 TD/1 int

However, in the losses to the Bears and Cards, Cutler and Stanton moved the ball at will. If the Niners want to make a real run at the Super Bowl this year they're going to face some of the best QB trying to get there. Everyone struggles against Manning, but it'll show their secondaries ability to play with a Super Bowl favorite.

Butter have you watched Cox play? Looking up stats is meaningless. Have you watched him? If your answer is no, then you can't justify any comment about Cox for that simple reason.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I was primarily thinking of a veteran CB. I like some of their youg talent, but they dont have a true #1 CB.

Cox tied for 1st in the NFL for interceptions and he is sitting atop 1st in passes defended.

Cox is playing amazing, and Id love to add more veteran talent around him.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I was primarily thinking of a veteran CB. I like some of their youg talent, but they dont have a true #1 CB.

? Seriously??? Have you watched Cox play this season like at all? The secondary has been awesome and Brock has barley even played.

When Brock comes back he and Cox should man the outside while Culliver should play where's been most effective -- in the slot. Then our defense is going to take a significant step up :)

Culliver is having trouble staying healthy. Combining his recent injury struggles with his recent legal problems, Id be fine if the Niners could upgrade his spot.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
Jo..send Vance McDonald & mike iupati ..to Cleveland for josh Gordon

Now that makes sense and If I could I would make that trade in a heart beat
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The only thing this team is missing is a real threat at PR. That'd be the only trade i'd consider.
Originally posted by matt49er:

? Seriously??? Have you watched Cox play this season like at all? The secondary has been awesome and Brock has barley even played.

Agree. I'm so sick of this number 1 stuff. The only position that you must be absolutely dominant/top tier at is QB if you want to be in regular contention for a Super Bowl. Other than that, it is not necessary that you have a top 5 receiver, top 5 CB, etc.

I say sure as long as the trade makes sense for both sides. But who is out there worth trading for?
Cox is playing amazing, and Id love to add more veteran talent around him.

Brock and Cox!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
IM thinking quality ol or dl pass rusher.
Wishful thinking two things no team in their right mind would give up cheap and would likely be way over priced.
Originally posted by matt49er:

I actually wish they would have worked it out with terell brown. We would be set pretty good right now but after that bonus issue I didn't think he would be back
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
trade crabtree. he's gone after this year anyway.

if he would garner anything more than a 3rd round pick i would be surprised. he's had one, 1000 yard season, and barely even got that.

can't wait till this crabtree era is over, he can't even out produce a mid-30 year old, and even the new comer stevie johnson is playing better than him. he's the prime case of a player that got way to obsessed with himself before his NFL career even started, just because he was good in college. i'm kinda glad the NFL kicked his ass, him and mc hammer can go lobby for a max WR contract from another team, i'm sure the Raiders would bite. and that's the reality of it, the kid probably still thinks of himself as an elite WR.
Share 49ersWebzone