There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:
Anyway, I never over-defended Romo. He's a good QB, always has been. But that wasn't the real Romo the other day. All 3 INTs came on a PAP call on 1st and 10. That's not a coincidence. The inaccurate throws were normal for a guy who is coming off of back surgery and played like 2 snaps in the preseason. Manning looked the same for a bit, then he turned into Manning.

I also think it is rather douchebaggy of you to take such delight on that cheap shot on Dez, but whatever. Dez has had back problems since college, and I really cringed when I saw that.

It was a glorious hit wasn't it?

Its a shame we couldnt stop that vaunted offense you kept yapping about
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Like I've said since preseason... We're gonna get ran out of the building. No pass rush.. Soft coverage.. Stubborn fangio.. The rape is about to commence.

Lol
anyone heard that audible Romo yelled on their 2nd series?

"SEATTLE!!! SEATTLE!!!"
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol

Haha! We need more of these. Maybe getting tazed in the back by cops or jumping off of a diving board.
I wanted sum Iced Coffee this morning

Hard to believe that today is the 20th anniversary of this game....I can remember it like it was yesterday.

There will still never be a team I HATE more than Dallas. Those SOBs are wearing two of our rings ('92 & '95).
[ Edited by Niners816 on Nov 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

Hard to believe that today is the 20th anniversary of this game....I can remember it like it was yesterday.

There will still never be a team I HATE more than Dallas. Those SOBs are wearing two of our rings ('92 & '95).

What a damn game too. We had to win that game for the confidence necessary to win the playoff game. What a feeling that day was. And then knowing, matter of factly, that these two teams would meet again.
Originally posted by facestabber:
What a damn game too. We had to win that game for the confidence necessary to win the playoff game. What a feeling that day was. And then knowing, matter of factly, that these two teams would meet again.

I remember harper beating us on Another long catch, but the secondary really did rule the day with I believe 4 picks. We wrestled the top spot in the conference away from Dallas.

But as I remember this game, I always remember the next game, the Sunday nighter vs LA rams in which Deion knocked away a potential GW td to keep us on the top spot.

Unreal that it's been 20 years. I can't think of a more important regular season game that I've seen the 49ers play in.
I remember harper beating us on Another long catch, but the secondary really did rule the day with I believe 4 picks. We wrestled the top spot in the conference away from Dallas.

But as I remember this game, I always remember the next game, the Sunday nighter vs LA rams in which Deion knocked away a potential GW td to keep us on the top spot.

Holy cow. The Rams, that's right. I remember shaking my head thinking how can we finally beat Dallas and are now failing against Rams. Magical season but some head scratchers mixed in.

• CMIO

Holy cow. The Rams, that's right. I remember shaking my head thinking how can we finally beat Dallas and are now failing against Rams. Magical season but some head scratchers mixed in.

Read an interesting article many years ago on ESPN ranking the SB winners. The 1994 49ers came in at 11 or 12, and the writer said that had it not been for the 40-8 trouncing from the Eagles we took that year, we would probably be ranked much higher on the list (IMO that 49ers team was top 5 of all time).
Originally posted by CMIO:

Read an interesting article many years ago on ESPN ranking the SB winners. The 1994 49ers came in at 11 or 12, and the writer said that had it not been for the 40-8 trouncing from the Eagles we took that year, we would probably be ranked much higher on the list (IMO that 49ers team was top 5 of all time).

America's Game/NFL Films had the 94 team ranked 18 or 19. I think the 94 team is very underrated. Steve Young's numbers that year (before the current era of routinely attempting 50+ passes per game) were insane.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by CMIO:

America's Game/NFL Films had the 94 team ranked 18 or 19. I think the 94 team is very underrated. Steve Young's numbers that year (before the current era of routinely attempting 50+ passes per game) were insane.

I ran some numbers, after the Philly game the niners went 13-1(including playoffs) Steve's numbers in those games where 70% 3200 yards 39 td 5 int 124 qb rating.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

I honestly think the 1994 team is top 10 worthy and the '84 & '89 squads are top 4 worthy.
I ran some numbers, after the Philly game the niners went 13-1(including playoffs) Steve's numbers in those games where 70% 3200 yards 39 td 5 int 124 qb rating.

Exactly dominating. We steam rolled the Bears Cowpussies and Chargers in the playoffs. I think this team gets knocked down because of free agency acquisitions. The only loss was a meaningless game against the Vikings.
Share 49ersWebzone