LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 371 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
No he hasnt but i finally found him hiding in this thread pretending nothing ever happend in the Niners Cowboys thread.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179491-49er-faithful-in-dallas/page2/

I'm right here, and I'm not hiding.

Anyway, I never over-defended Romo. He's a good QB, always has been. But that wasn't the real Romo the other day. All 3 INTs came on a PAP call on 1st and 10. That's not a coincidence. The inaccurate throws were normal for a guy who is coming off of back surgery and played like 2 snaps in the preseason. Manning looked the same for a bit, then he turned into Manning.

I also think it is rather douchebaggy of you to take such delight on that cheap shot on Dez, but whatever. Dez has had back problems since college, and I really cringed when I saw that.
No he hasnt but i finally found him hiding in this thread pretending nothing ever happend in the Niners Cowboys thread.

Anyway, I never over-defended Romo. He's a good QB, always has been. But that wasn't the real Romo the other day. All 3 INTs came on a PAP call on 1st and 10. That's not a coincidence. The inaccurate throws were normal for a guy who is coming off of back surgery and played like 2 snaps in the preseason. Manning looked the same for a bit, then he turned into Manning.

I also think it is rather douchebaggy of you to take such delight on that cheap shot on Dez, but whatever. Dez has had back problems since college, and I really cringed when I saw that.

thanks for the laugh. Love the Excuses

I'm not making excuses. Romo had an awful game. But that wasn't the "real" Romo. This is the real Romo -

Take a bunch of that, mix in some hold-on-to-the-ball-way-too-long, mix in some dumb 4th qtr mistakes and some absolute miracles, and you have Tony Romo.

What Romo does NOT do is randomly lob the ball up into triple coverage, throw wobbly balls, and throw it 20 feet above poor Cole Beasley. That's not Romo.

Sunday was easily the worst game of his career, and I'm hoping it's a mental error that Linehan and he will work out. Like I said, each INT came in the same exact situation. And please, if you're going to respond, either try to argue with me or agree with me or make an observation or something. Not just another one-sentence "lol excuses" response again.

The INTS were god awful...On 2 of them he missed easy touchdowns, the third he played pitch and catch with Perrish Cox

And don't compare Manning's start to Romo

Mannings first 5 drives went for 77,54, 83, 71, and 80 yards all resulting in points for HIS team not the opponents

cheap shot on Dez? lol I know you don't know what defense looks like in Dallas but Bethea hit him at his high point where the ball was supposed to be except your beloved QB has a knack for throwing it to the wrong team
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The INTS were god awful...On 2 of them he missed easy touchdowns, the third he played pitch and catch with Perrish Cox

Mannings first 5 drives went for 77,54, 83, 71, and 80 yards all resulting in points for HIS team not the opponents

cheap shot on Dez? lol I know you don't know what defense looks like in Dallas but Bethea hit him at his high point where the ball was supposed to be except your beloved QB has a knack for throwing it to the wrong team

31 TDs,10 INTs last year. 10 INTs. Kaep threw two less, and he's on a ground-and-pound team and he runs the ball a lot.

And yes, like I said, Romo was horrible Sunday. I don't know how many times I have to say that for you people to figure it out.

My point is that that wasn't normal for Romo.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

31 TDs,10 INTs last year. 10 INTs. Kaep threw two less, and he's on a ground-and-pound team and he runs the ball a lot.

And yes, like I said, Romo was horrible Sunday. I don't know how many times I have to say that for you people to figure it out.

My point is that that wasn't normal for Romo.

I think his back injury played a role in this, but I also believe the Cowboy coaching staff played right into our trap. Even Jimmy Johnson was keen to note that the Niners seemed to be scheming against the pass bc they didnt think the Cowboys could beat them just by running all day. In essence, they refused to blitz and/or clog up the running lanes, expecting Dallas to eventually let Romo go Romo -- this would lead to TOs that the 49ers could take advantage of. Unfortunately for Romo, and this is bc of his back injury, the TOs came too early in the game. Dallas, rather than having to change gameplans in the 3rd or 4th quarter, had to "unleash" Romo from the 2nd quarter on this only compounded a bad situation.

Romo's injury definitely made matters worse for you, but lets not give credit where credit isnt due. Everyone is aware of just how bad Dallas's defense is -- their only chance of success is through Romo's arm, and history dictates that his arm hasnt always come up big when needed.

It's a bad situation in Dallas right now. JJ needs to get his head out of mgmt and get some real ppl in his ranks.

I'm not making excuses. Romo had an awful game. But that wasn't the "real" Romo. This is the real Romo -

No, this is the real Romo.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Well played sir.
lol

lololl

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Well played sir.

the white cam newton
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

a cheap shot ha ha,,, he went up to get it, our guy had to act like he had the ball,, this is not oprah,, though the refs called calls for you guys like it was, f**k him and his back, no one feels sorry for gore and his knees,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i think this guy is actually troy aikman,, sounds just like aikman when he was doing the play by play and almost crying
Originally posted by verb1der:

He's a hell of an athlete. He really has perfect form.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's a hell of an athlete. He really has perfect form.

WITH pads on!
Share 49ersWebzone