Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 607 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
does anyone knows if ward is starting?

starting nickle
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
People act with the loss of Bowman and Aldon that this defense is going to fall flat on it's face. This is still a very scary defense. Top 5 defense

Exactly, 9ers still have Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Eric Reid, Ray McDonald, Tramaine Brock, Antoine Bethea, Ahmad Brooks. Who do they have a defense?

I'm in the belief that our defense won't be at their best until Bowman and Aldon return but sheesh, the way people are talking you'd think this defense would be one of the worse in the league . Whatever step back this defense faces in the beginning, I doubt it's anything too significant. Still top 10 IMO. Too many good players and good depth on this team.
Of course ppl are talking that way and we would be too if we weren't Niners fans. If Seattle loses 2 key defensive players we all would be talking about how they are about to fall off. Especially if it were guys that are easily ranked top 3 at their positions.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.
I do not have any doubt that the Niners are going to pound that Cowboy ass like a Sailor arriving in the Phillipines after 6 months at sea.

I would feel better if Bowman were there to take care of the passes in the flat, but PWilly can still limit the damage.

What I truly think needs to happen is that Harbs/Roman stays with the power game. I want to see Kap taking his shots, but the way to smother Dallas is to stay away from the shootout. I know it is entertaining but if we can keep the ball, get efficient with it and score after long drives the pressure on the defense will be greatly reduced.

I don't want to see them getting cute just because Dallas has a crap defense. Just keep control and the Cowboys will make mistakes. We will still get the blowout from turnovers and the power game, eventually taking the ball away from Murray who mind you can be very dangerous. If we start forcing it to Johnson or Crabs we risk losing time of possession. No shootout please. Week 1 of last year was not my idea of Niner football.

Oh.. and run the hell out of Kap if it is there. When he does, the Niners are far more dangerous and it can extend drives, maybe even pop a TD.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24


Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.

Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.
Bryant, Witten, Williams and Beasley in the slot are the challenges in that order for the Niners secondary. They'll double Bryant with one corner and one safety, the other safety will take Witten and Ward will have to show that he can stay with a quick little guy like Beasley. Williams is a real concern - someone's probably going to be singled up on him and he's good.

Hopefully, Lemonier blows up and gets a couple sacks in Aldon's place. Brooks is often good for a sack. They really need to get serious pressure on Romo.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

The problem is that their defense was awful last season and the best players from that defense are either injured or gone, so while the Cowboys have a chance to score some points, the 49ers should be able to run the ball down their throats all game long.
So i looked up Dallas depth chart on defense to see who we actually are going up against & these players below are highlighted because this is the 1st time i have even heard of these guys. MAN if Kap struggles vs that Defense we are in a world of trouble when we actually play a REAL Defense & usually i am good with keeping up with other teams moves & rosters but it show you the lack of star power this team has. No reason why we shouldnt blow them out.

LDE George Selvie
DT Nick Hayden
DT Henry Melton
RDE Jeremy Mincey
SLB Kyle Wilber
MLB Justin Durant Rolando McClain
WLB Bruce Carter
LCB Brandon Carr Sterling Moore
RCB Morris Claiborne Tyler Patmon
FS Barry Church
SS J.J. Wilcox
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

The problem is that their defense was awful last season and the best players from that defense are either injured or gone, so while the Cowboys have a chance to score some points, the 49ers should be able to run the ball down their throats all game long.

But Harbaugh said they "beef'd up" their dline, so we can't underestimate them.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.

Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

so you were serious?
Originally posted by verb1der:
But Harbaugh said they "beef'd up" their dline, so we can't underestimate them.

What is he supposed to say, "s**t, this will be just like when I was back in Michigan and we played Appalachian State." The Cowboys DL and LB's are both lacking considerably, if the 49ers aren't able to thump them pretty good, I worry about the offense going forward.
How many times will the network cameras focus in on Michael Sam on the sideline? I'm guessing more than a few.
Originally posted by crake49:
How many times will the network cameras focus in on Michael Sam on the sideline? I'm guessing more than a few.

Will he even be on the sideline since he's a practice squadder? I know the 49ers have their practice squad players on the sideline during games but I don't know about all the other teams.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone