49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 555 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.

Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

so you were serious?

Sorry I dont have a plethora of football knowledge, but at least I remember ex Cowboys!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

The problem is that their defense was awful last season and the best players from that defense are either injured or gone, so while the Cowboys have a chance to score some points, the 49ers should be able to run the ball down their throats all game long.

I hope you're right, it's going to be a scoring fest then!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

The problem is that their defense was awful last season and the best players from that defense are either injured or gone, so while the Cowboys have a chance to score some points, the 49ers should be able to run the ball down their throats all game long.

But Harbaugh said they "beef'd up" their dline, so we can't underestimate them.

Even Cowboy fans that actually follow the team would say that's BS and that this defense could be one of the worse they've seen in years. This will likely be the worst defense we'll face all year so if the O is struggling against them, I'll be very concerned.

The key to this game is to run the ball up their throats and controlling the clock - don't want Romo and crew to get too many opportunities. Dez will get his but again, they key is containing the other guys (Witten, Williams and Beasley).

Wouldn't worry about them being at home either. Cowboys have one of the worst HFA in the league. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a large, visible presence supporting the red and gold on Sunday. That's what happens at every other Boys' home game.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Sep 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.

Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

so you were serious?

Sorry I dont have a plethora of football knowledge, but at least I remember ex Cowboys!

i like you
49ers 34
Cowboys 20
This game will not be a shootout. Niners are going to pound these fools
Niners 37
Cowboys 13
Originally posted by tondiman:
49ers 34
Cowboys 20

Thats a realistic score right there
Watching the Boone welcome back video on 49ers.com got me fired up, happy to have him back. I forgot which beat writer mentioned it but he really is the heart and soul of that line... who cares about Romo, they arent gonna stop the run and wont have many chances with the ball in their hands.
We'll control the tempo of this game.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Watching the Boone welcome back video on 49ers.com got me fired up, happy to have him back. I forgot which beat writer mentioned it but he really is the heart and soul of that line... who cares about Romo, they arent gonna stop the run and wont have many chances with the ball in their hands.

Best way to slow down the cowboys offense is to sustain long drives with our running game
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a little worried about this game.

The Cowboys offense is versatile and can attack you in many ways, Romo is like a cheaper version of Aaron Rodgers, he can buy time in the pocket like the best of them, and he's got arguably as much weapons as us, if we double cover Dez, you got big Miles Austin on the other side (who is way bigger than Culliver!). And then you got Demarco Murray, he is a beast like Lynch but can catch!

On defense you got Dat Nguyen who's a sideline to sideline ninja, and shutdown corner Terence Newman (I think he will be locked on Crabs).

The bright side though, they lost Demarcus Ware!

This game can go either way.

49ers 27 - Cowboys 24

Do you even watch football?

Of course man I watch every single Niner game including pre-season.

You must only watch the niners

1. Terence Newman hasn't played for the Cowboys since 2011

2. Dat Nguyen retired almost a decade ago

3. Miles Austin is with the browns

I'll just assume my sarcasm meter sucks

Hahaha, seriously Verb -- did you do that on purpose?

In lieu of Austin the Cowboy's have potential break out player, Terrance Williams. If we double Dez no doubt we better make sure whoever covers Terrance can cover him well.

Who cares about the damn Cowboys, I sure dont!!

My prediction still stands, they got a capable QB, an explosive WR, and a solid RB, I think it's going to be a real close game because they're at home and they can put up points.

so you were serious?

Sorry I dont have a plethora of football knowledge, but at least I remember ex Cowboys!

i like you

We definitely have to double team Irvin or Aikman is gonna light us up. If we can contain Emmit I like our chances but with Deion on Crabtree that will make it tough for Kap to get to him. Bottom Line if we stop Emmit and make them rely on Harper and Novacek then we have chance
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
We definitely have to double team Irvin or Aikman is gonna light us up. If we can contain Emmit I like our chances but with Deion on Crabtree that will make it tough for Kap to get to him. Bottom Line if we stop Emmit and make them rely on Harper and Novacek then we have chance

It will be interesting to watch that Justin Smith v. Larry Allen matchup!
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
We definitely have to double team Irvin or Aikman is gonna light us up. If we can contain Emmit I like our chances but with Deion on Crabtree that will make it tough for Kap to get to him. Bottom Line if we stop Emmit and make them rely on Harper and Novacek then we have chance

John Taylor is the dark horse for us. As always.
Kurt Warner just said the Niners won't make the playoffs. I love it! Hope everyone keeps doubting us
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
49ers 27 Cowboys 20

49ers will control on the clock.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone