LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 219 users in the forums

2014 schedule?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
why are people so scared of seattle, playing up there and their kick off teams. if you are scared of their kickoff teams then you have lost the game even before you get on the bus or plane or whatever they will use to get up there. sheesh

I've been clamoring for us to be @ SEA since the day we were eliminated. rooted for SEA vs DEN and if they won I wanted to kick off the season there. Multiple reasons. We have a summer to prepare with more new parts on offense than they will have and they have to react as a defense with no prior film footage. Also, if we take injury as we usually do we may as get it behind us so that we can adjust to it. Finally the pressure is on them week one to hold serve at home in this battle for the NFCW because this early meeting will almost ensure that the end of the season they come to Levi's! I want this so bad. I want to steal the show from them for the Thur nite kickoff!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by cciowa:
why are people so scared of seattle, playing up there and their kick off teams. if you are scared of their kickoff teams then you have lost the game even before you get on the bus or plane or whatever they will use to get up there. sheesh

I've been clamoring for us to be @ SEA since the day we were eliminated. rooted for SEA vs DEN and if they won I wanted to kick off the season there. Multiple reasons. We have a summer to prepare with more new parts on offense than they will have and they have to react as a defense with no prior film footage. Also, if we take injury as we usually do we may as get it behind us so that we can adjust to it. Finally the pressure is on them week one to hold serve at home in this battle for the NFCW because this early meeting will almost ensure that the end of the season they come to Levi's! I want this so bad. I want to steal the show from them for the Thur nite kickoff!
we came within two inches of beating them up there last year so its got to happen some time. I am hoping some of our own fans do not start with built in excuses already of why we could lose this game like, possible no aldon, no bowman, the loud fans, the refs vs us conspiracy that never goes away etc. we know them, they know us,, just play the game
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Don't know how accurate got it from Facebook

o s**t
Originally posted by RedAndGold4Life:

o s**t

That's crap. We can't play 2 thrusday games. At seattle week 1 would be a thursday game, so at dallas on Thanksgiving can't happen.
if we play the cowboys on turkey day i will be the most excited peron in the history of the world...
There's been a lot of funny things posted on webzone but the thought that a kickoff team running full speed through the end zone somehow intimidating our kick returner tops the cake. Wow.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stimpy:
There's been a lot of funny things posted on webzone but the thought that a kickoff team running full speed through the end zone somehow intimidating our kick returner tops the cake. Wow.
we have not even played the game yet and the grassy knoll is alive and well excuses are for suckers and losers
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by RedAndGold4Life:

o s**t

That's crap. We can't play 2 thrusday games. At seattle week 1 would be a thursday game, so at dallas on Thanksgiving can't happen.
So many back to back home and away games, and we are hosting a Thanksgiving game if we do get one since we are restricted from having a weekday night game thats a non-holiday.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Skeds out tomorrow. Doubt the league leaked them with their network announcement show.
Originally posted by stimpy:

lmfao

i agree 10000%

how the f**k is that intimidating

I saw elsewhere us opening with either chiefs or redskins. It was not an official schedule, so have no idea where it came from. I can think of positives and negatives on us opening up in SEA, and have no idea which is better for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Now their saying the schedule won't come out until Wednesday, possibly Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/schedule-release-now-planned-for-wednesday-maybe-thursday/
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM ]
I want 49ers in Seattle for Opening night. Payback time! Kap gets the monkey off his back early and sets the tone in the NFC West. Give me Seattle in Seattle for week 1!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I saw elsewhere us opening with either chiefs or redskins. It was not an official schedule, so have no idea where it came from. I can think of positives and negatives on us opening up in SEA, and have no idea which is better for us.
I wouldn't mind opening up with them, up there. Under Harbaugh, when given sufficient time to prepare for a team, the Niners have had success. Opening with Seattle up there would give them weeks, if not months, to game plan. I like that better than seeing them second or third, with only a week to prepare.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I want 49ers in Seattle for Opening night. Payback time! Kap gets the monkey off his back early and sets the tone in the NFC West. Give me Seattle in Seattle for week 1!

"Payback"..... ???

I'm sure the Cawks would trade an opening day loss for a Super Bowl ring, a thousand times out of a thousand.

I'm afraid there's no real damage we can do to that pathetic team and fan base this year, short of winning it all and leaving a couple of their star players on IR.

All we are going to hear all season is how they're the Champs and have a brand new trophy unlike our "old" trophies...

Anything less than straight out domination of every team on our schedule and complete inhalation of every team in the playoffs before walking away with #6, is not going to get the stench of last years playoff loss and this ridiculous offseason, cleaned off our franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone