LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 256 users in the forums

How will the starting 22 be better than when they last walked off the field?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So far the 49ers may not quite be as good as the team that walked-off the field in Seattle in January. The team has, at best, evenly swapped safeties and is at least ro this point, a little worse at corner -- although if Culliver can come back strong they may improve there. The point is, they could really use a key free agent signing to help the team improve. The real game changing free agents are spoken for, and the 49ers couldn't have afforded them anyway. A veteran wide receiver would be the only place remaining that the team has a chance to improve. I believe in building through the draft, but it's a crap shoot. You never really know how much a drafted player will be able to contribute in the first year. The only early drafted wide receiver that made an impact last year was Keenan Allen, a thrid roumder. I'm hoping they open up the offense a bit and start forcing the ball down the field -- like the second half of the superbowl 2 years ago. The team may improve substantially from the additiom of the res-shirted players and the continued development of other key young players. It looks like an off-season of adding depth (free agents) and youth through the draft (future). There are basically three ways for the team to be better than last year's squad (1) a deeper wr corp - to which adding a free agent veteran will help; (2) the emergence of the red shirts; and (3) a better offensive philosophy that dramatically improves the passing game -- this is more about the coaching than the players. Remember, every season is different. It's not just Seattle we have to worry about. There will be new challengers coming up who were able to improve dramatically.The 49ers also have some downside to manage. Some of their better players, like J Smith and F Gore, will be a year older and probably less effective than they were in January of 2014. I will say this though, if the team has a good draft this year, the 2015/2016 team will be in great position to win Superbowl L at home.
Reference http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mobile/index.php?num=177668
PLEASE break this up into paragraphs.

As far as the question - WAYYYY Too early to tell.
One Word "Experience"
There is a huge difference with a team who doesnt have the xp in Big time games vs a group who's been there... we have three straight years now with xp.
Kaepernick is gonna throw for 6,000 yards, and run for 1,500. That's how we will be better.
Originally posted by Constantine:
There is a huge difference with a team who doesnt have the xp in Big time games vs a group who's been there... we have three straight years now with xp.

I think exp, is a little overrrated. That didnt get us any wins the last 3 years when it counted for sure.
Experience also implies mileage
Originally posted by 9ermex:
I think exp, is a little overrrated. That didnt get us any wins the last 3 years when it counted for sure.

Disagree completely. You don't think experience played a big part in winning in Green Bay, and then IN Carolina. You'll change your tune quickly this year if the 49ers don't make the playoffs or get bounced after one game. You don't make it to three straight championship games without experience. To say that the only game that counts is the last one is obvious because they lost.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
If our injured guys (Cully, Latt, and Tank) play as advertised, I think we'll be much improved. especially when Bow returns to the defense. and we took zero losses on offense other than Boobie. that means another year of offensive improvement. we're gonna be fine and we're gonna be really tough to beat.
we dont have to be better per say, just have to execute on another play or two. i guess one could describe that as having to be better, but its not like we need some sort of over haul.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by boast:
If our injured guys (Cully, Latt, and Tank) play as advertised, I think we'll be much improved. especially when Bow returns to the defense. and we took zero losses on offense other than Boobie. that means another year of offensive improvement. we're gonna be fine and we're gonna be really tough to beat.

And this kids, is why this man is in the HOF, now, if you please, hit his damn music!

We're better bro, hands down and we still have the draft and maybe a couple more free agents to acquire. This is the best draft in years and we have 5 picks in the first three rounds of it. We didn't let Whitner go only to sign Bethea for similar money if we didn't think we were getting the more useful player for our system. No reason not to trust Baalke and Harbaugh at this point. Let it all play out first then get back to us.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They'll be better / get better by incorporating these steps to their plan:

1. Harbaugh and company will call Mike Singletary and ask him "how do you watch film, since that was the thing you liked to do a lot?"

2. Maybe the FO will watch old games of Bill Walsh / George Seifert / Steve M. and finally figure out how to work on time outs and clock management!!

3. Harbaugh will put Roman on a clean healthy diet.

4. Roman will learn how to use more of 3/4 set WR for offense and learn how to succeed in the Red Zone!!

5. Fangio we be told to rotate the D-line a tad bit more (not a lot more, but at least a tad bit more)

6. Kap will learn how to (FINALLY) go through all his reads before taking off / force feeding Crabs....

7. Jed York will have to share his wealth with the 13th man the way that Paul Allen did to ensure us playoffs and possibly the 6th ring.

8. The entire secondary will have to watch CAWKS' games (learn from the best at what they do)... learn how to hold / cheat and get away with it.
[ Edited by LVJay on Mar 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone