LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

How will the starting 22 be better than when they last walked off the field?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Disagree completely. You don't think experience played a big part in winning in Green Bay, and then IN Carolina. You'll change your tune quickly this year if the 49ers don't make the playoffs or get bounced after one game. You don't make it to three straight championship games without experience. To say that the only game that counts is the last one is obvious because they lost.

Good points
We are getting Tank and Lattimore as if they were 1st round draft picks this year.

We have better depth at OT.

We will have fewer personal foul penalties in the secondary.

Our talented rookies will have a year of experience: Reid, McDonald, Lemonier, Patton

We will almost certainly have a better backup QB.

Kap finally has a full year of experience.

We will hopefully upgrade our center spot.

We have TJE emerging.

Then all the injuries (mental and physical) from last year: Crabs, Patton, I Williams, A Smith, Culliver,

And then we will be energized from the new modern stadium with a louder field on defense and our team in the shade.

And then we have a TON of HIGH draft picks in one of the DEEPEST drafts in a decade.

The only possible downs I can see are Bowman and CB, but I think the upgrades far outweigh them at the moment. And don't forget Bowman might come back strong with all the modern rehab he will go through, and our CB position was never what made our defense great anyway.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Mar 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM ]
Get CB Cromartie and WR Sanders and Draft CB Denard,DE Tuitt, WR Moncrief, CB Fuller
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Get CB Cromartie and WR Sanders and Draft CB Denard,DE Tuitt, WR Moncrief, CB Fuller

We have 5 million dollars. That barely allows us to pay our draft picks.
Originally posted by boast:
If our injured guys (Cully, Latt, and Tank) play as advertised, I think we'll be much improved. especially when Bow returns to the defense. and we took zero losses on offense other than Boobie. that means another year of offensive improvement. we're gonna be fine and we're gonna be really tough to beat.

Don't forget we're gonna get Ian Williams back too. Him and Dorsey should be solid in the middle for us.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Don't forget we're gonna get Ian Williams back too. Him and Dorsey should be solid in the middle for us.

True, but I still want Vince. Think about Vince, Ian, and Dorsey clogging the line on first + 2nd down. Holy Cow. Justin and Aldon would have about 50 sacks each.
Gotta have the OVER THE HILL Gore take a Paycut. Enough of this Lovey Dovey stuff. We are already LOSING in this offseason.
Gotta have the OVER THE HILL Gore take a Paycut. Enough of this Lovey Dovey stuff. We are already LOSING in this offseason.

According to a lot of WZers, we "lost" the off-season the past 3 years. All we did was build a Top 2 roster and make it to 3 straight conference championships, in large part to some pretty savvy free agent signings. You think we could do that if the front office wasn't making good decisions overall?

Wake up dude. How many times do people have to freak out over free agency, only to look foolish when we're in SB contention yet again, before you realize the front office knows what they're doing.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

According to a lot of WZers, we "lost" the off-season the past 3 years. All we did was build a Top 2 roster and make it to 3 straight conference championships, in large part to some pretty savvy free agent signings. You think we could do that if the front office wasn't making good decisions overall?

Wake up dude. How many times do people have to freak out over free agency, only to look foolish when we're in SB contention yet again, before you realize the front office knows what they're doing.

you're talking to a poster whos thrown out the idea of trading our first rounder for adrian peterson, dez bryant among others. i dont think hes the realistic type in terms of understanding how our front office operates. losing the off season already? gtfo here
Originally posted by crabman82:
you're talking to a poster whos thrown out the idea of trading our first rounder for adrian peterson, dez bryant among others. i dont think hes the realistic type in terms of understanding how our front office operates. losing the off season already? gtfo here

True. I'm done with that guy.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for ElephantHaley.
Oh ok so Justin Smith was a 49er Draft Pick? No. Was Donte Whitner a 49er Draft Pick? Carlos Rogers? They all contributed one way or another the last few years so not all 49er contributors were draft picks altho most have been. But the point is is to get BETTER. Get over the 3 year hump of TEASEVILLE. Make it deep into the playoffs only to be LETDOWN. This was a Major Blown Chance by a STUBBORN GM to get this roster with more depth even more LOADED but has Failed MIZERABLY so far this week.

Green bay is better, The Cardnals are better, the Lambs will For Sure be better and the Seachickens are definely still GOOD. The Eagles have Drastically improved. Detroit can make a move.

I don't know wtf Balk is thinking? Where are the reinforcements??????
Oh ok so Justin Smith was a 49er Draft Pick? No. Was Donte Whitner a 49er Draft Pick? Carlos Rogers? They all contributed one way or another the last few years so not all 49er contributors were draft picks altho most have been. But the point is is to get BETTER. Get over the 3 year hump of TEASEVILLE. Make it deep into the playoffs only to be LETDOWN. This was a Major Blown Chance by a STUBBORN GM to get this roster with more depth even more LOADED but has Failed MIZERABLY so far this week.

Green bay is better, The Cardnals are better, the Lambs will For Sure be better and the Seachickens are definely still GOOD. The Eagles have Drastically improved. Detroit can make a move.

I don't know wtf Balk is thinking? Where are the reinforcements??????

when justin smith was added in 2008, we had cap room and not a lot of top tier talent we were paying. donte whitner and carlos rogers while former top ten picks were both 'bargain bin' type free agents who were signed in the 2nd wave of free agency if not the 3rd wave.
when justin smith was added in 2008, we had cap room and not a lot of top tier talent we were paying. donte whitner and carlos rogers while former top ten picks were both 'bargain bin' type free agents who were signed in the 2nd wave of free agency if not the 3rd wave.

Not to mention when we signed Rogers and Whitner back in 2011, people were pissed!

It was the same garbage being spewed on the forums. "What is ownership doing! f**king Baalke!!". Fast forward 3 years later and we have all these clowns pretending like they were praising the moves at the time.
experience, cully being back, bruce miller being back. crabs and boldin from day one with all the rust knocked off crabtree. i think this team will also make huge upgrades in the draft at corner/safety and wr along with guys like tank, lemonier, dial, lattimore all getting contributing roles this year. we're still the team to beat. seattle may have won the superbowl but id still say were the team to beat in our division. they have been ripped apart in FA so far. what have we really lost besides T. Brown? Whitner was a beast and i wanted him back but bethea is a push for the most part. the only piece we will be missing is Bowman and he'll be back. we have dudes on our roster who can fill in til hes back and we may draft another ILB anyway for the future or to rotate because patrick willis is getting up there in age too (where did the time go?) the niners are still the team to beat. another year wiser and more experience and hungry as f**k for a championship in a brand new stadium
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Not to mention when we signed Rogers and Whitner back in 2011, people were pissed!

It was the same garbage being spewed on the forums. "What is ownership doing! f**king Baalke!!". Fast forward 3 years later and we have all these clowns pretending like they were praising the moves at the time.

yeah a week or so before whitner and rogers signed it was wtf is baalke doing, all he signed was a f**king kicker (akers)
Share 49ersWebzone