There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It is the second guy who gets the heat...but I hate all of the posturing! Always have and it's the way I was raised...you don't mock, brag, strut or do anything else that takes attention away from your team and team mates. But it's a different world so now we see six year olds doing the shuffle and emulating these guys at pop warner games...just makes me ill.

These guys are so good that it's really sad to have them diminish their exploits this way. Kaepernick's TD run was really special. If you didn't notice it, re-watch and see how patient he was. It was my favorite CK run of the year. He just walked through the defense...didn't have to use his incredible speed.

+1 and couldn't agree more. Kap is such a great athlete and keeps maturing and getting better as an NFL QB...and, as a team leader. Hopefully, he cuts back on some of this stuff going forward.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Sofa--forgot to mention...almost every sports show today, led off with CK doing the Cam super man deal. then they talked about the game! But I do get your point!

Good to hear some of them actually discussed the game! The only show I had time to tune in today was SportsNation. They started the show with Kap, but focused entirely on the Superman thing.

But it was a great victory. Time to move on and kick some Seadderall ass.
well i can say PIT and around the horn only discussed ck. I think one of the guys on around the horn got to give a ten second shout out to the niners calling them the best team in the nfl right now and how they will win the super bowl. from there they said nothing about the game itself , just asked if ck was classless. that continued on PIT
ESPN is trash. Mocking, taunting, trash talk, cockiness...that's apart of the game now days, happens all the time. The Panthers came out acting tough and talking s**t the very first snap but Kap responds back and he's the one made out to look like a giant cocky douche bag. LOL!
Let em hate . . . . its all they got.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
It is the second guy who gets the heat...but I hate all of the posturing! Always have and it's the way I was raised...you don't mock, brag, strut or do anything else that takes attention away from your team and team mates. But it's a different world so now we see six year olds doing the shuffle and emulating these guys at pop warner games...just makes me ill.

These guys are so good that it's really sad to have them diminish their exploits this way. Kaepernick's TD run was really special. If you didn't notice it, re-watch and see how patient he was. It was my favorite CK run of the year. He just walked through the defense...didn't have to use his incredible speed.

+1 and couldn't agree more. Kap is such a great athlete and keeps maturing and getting better as an NFL QB...and, as a team leader. Hopefully, he cuts back on some of this stuff going forward.

He hasn't done much showboating at all this season. Far less than last year.
omg their a glorified arena league franchise.....be happy with having the greatest uniforms in the history of the world
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
ESPN is trash. Mocking, taunting, trash talk, cockiness...that's apart of the game now days, happens all the time. The Panthers came out acting tough and talking s**t the very first snap but Kap responds back and he's the one made out to look like a giant cocky douche bag. LOL!

NFLnnetwork did the same thing. Stupid billick was like these young minds should look at Brady, brees, manning, and Rodgers as examples of how to carry yourself since they never showboat. I was like how did you forget about Rodgers and his championship belt celebration? Brady does a lot of screaming and talking, he's just as cocky but less demonstrative.

These analysts are like can't we go back to the days where players were respectful? I'm like can't we go back to the says where analysts analyized football?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Discount Daaaable check
Montana would throw up his hands and then do a fist pump after every TD. Steve spiked it in the face of defenders many times. I have no problem with what Kap's been doing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
NFLnnetwork did the same thing. Stupid billick was like these young minds should look at Brady, brees, manning, and Rodgers as examples of how to carry yourself since they never showboat. I was like how did you forget about Rodgers and his championship belt celebration? Brady does a lot of screaming and talking, he's just as cocky but less demonstrative.

These analysts are like can't we go back to the days where players were respectful? I'm like can't we go back to the says where analysts analyized football?
yes lets be like brady,, screaming the ref, throwing cups of water all over the place and have hissy fits when things do not go your way

If Hardy was the Kraken, does that make Staley Perseus?
Anybody notice Jim just taking advantage of those cleats, creeping all over the field (like now he can escape the sideline safely), like during the TD LOL, he wants to play so bad you can see it.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Anybody notice Jim just taking advantage of those cleats, creeping all over the field (like now he can escape the sideline safely), like during the TD LOL, he wants to play so bad you can see it.

It's always fun to watch him before games throwing passes around the field to the players. He's still got a nice spiral!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Discount Daaaable check

Silly ad...but he gets paid for it and it's not mocking another player...if anything, it makes him look goofy as heck. LOL!

Manning's "Idiot Kicker" comments a few years ago.
Share 49ersWebzone