LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 118 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Not to veer off topic, but i was watching PTI and the white dude on there was saying that it was a shame that kap mocked cam and it was hard to root for the 49ers. Its funny that they didn't mention that the Panthers were the first one to mock us first....

That drives me crazy. Did they not pay attention when they mocked "Kaepernicking" in the 1st matchup?

The butthurt is strong with these clowns.

the simple answer is no. it wasnt a national tv game and nobody outside of who watches would even know it took place. i even forgot about it until i seen that meme earlier today.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Not to veer off topic, but i was watching PTI and the white dude on there was saying that it was a shame that kap mocked cam and it was hard to root for the 49ers. Its funny that they didn't mention that the Panthers were the first one to mock us first....

That drives me crazy. Did they not pay attention when they mocked "Kaepernicking" in the 1st matchup?

They would probably say, "Yeah, but they were just having fun with the moment."

Exactly. If it's a sack celebration, that's fine. But if the QB scores and does it, it's wrong. There are so many stupid "unwritten codes of conduct" in sports.

Newsflash -- The QB is not an ambassador for world peace. He's a football player. He's competing in a violent game just like the other 21 guys on the field.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM ]

It is the second guy who gets the heat...but I hate all of the posturing! Always have and it's the way I was raised...you don't mock, brag, strut or do anything else that takes attention away from your team and team mates. But it's a different world so now we see six year olds doing the shuffle and emulating these guys at pop warner games...just makes me ill.

These guys are so good that it's really sad to have them diminish their exploits this way. Kaepernick's TD run was really special. If you didn't notice it, re-watch and see how patient he was. It was my favorite CK run of the year. He just walked through the defense...didn't have to use his incredible speed.
Exactly. If it's a sack celebration, that's fine. But if the QB scores and does it, it's wrong. There are so many stupid "unwritten codes of conduct" in sports.

Newsflash -- The QB is not an ambassador for world peace. He's a football player. He's competing in a violent game just like the other 21 guys on the field.

Especially Kap. He's allowed to get hit, just like any other player, unlike other quarterbacks, where a flag comes out if you give them a hard tackle.

Remember how Kap spun around and took a high hit a few weeks ago? No flag. Same thing happens to Newton, immediate flag.
Especially Kap. He's allowed to get hit, just like any other player, unlike other quarterbacks, where a flag comes out if you give them a hard tackle.

Remember how Kap spun around and took a high hit a few weeks ago? No flag. Same thing happens to Newton, immediate flag.

Yup, I remember the play. He took it right under the chin, no call.

Against the Saints he got clotheslined for a sack, no call. Same thing happens to Brees, immediate flag.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It is the second guy who gets the heat...but I hate all of the posturing! Always have and it's the way I was raised...you don't mock, brag, strut or do anything else that takes attention away from your team and team mates. But it's a different world so now we see six year olds doing the shuffle and emulating these guys at pop warner games...just makes me ill.

These guys are so good that it's really sad to have them diminish their exploits this way. Kaepernick's TD run was really special. If you didn't notice it, re-watch and see how patient he was. It was my favorite CK run of the year. He just walked through the defense...didn't have to use his incredible speed.

I don't know man. Like you said, it's a different time. I get why people don't like it, but to me that speaks to how overly sensitive people are becoming. It's a highly competitive game, there should be a lot of emotion shown.

In hindsight I wish Kap didn't do it, but not because I thought it was wrong. It's because it took the attention away from the victory.

My earliest memories watching football as a kid was the '94 team. Between Deion, Watters, Floyd, Hanks, and others, there was a lot of posturing going on lol. Didn't bother me one bit. Just win.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i never believe the "refs are against us theorys" but put me down lock in step with those who think a vast majority of the media hate us and are biased against us. f**king aikman never even tried to hide it yesterday

It's very simple. We embarrassed the s**t out of them with the longest, most dominant football dynasty, that lasted over twenty years.

They feel sick to that that Harbaugh and company have brought it back.
i hate all of them
I don't know man. Like you said, it's a different time. I get why people don't like it, but to me that speaks to how overly sensitive people are becoming. It's a highly competitive game, there should be a lot of emotion shown.

In hindsight I wish Kap didn't do it, but not because I thought it was wrong. It's because it took the attention away from the victory.

My earliest memories watching football as a kid was the '94 team. Between Deion, Watters, Floyd, Hanks, and others, there was a lot of posturing going on lol. Didn't bother me one bit. Just win.

Your point about taking "away from the victory" is my whole point! The game is the thing and the team is a whole...not one guy acting out. I have become less focused on this because it is just part of our culture, but also because Sanders was such a freak of nature that I forgave him almost anything. I don't like him on NFLN but I think he dominated the passing game more than M Jordan did basketball...just super human.

So, as much as I don't like it, I am not going to judge the players as people based on this. They seem to be a really good group of guys and that's much more important.

Your point about taking "away from the victory" is my whole point! The game is the thing and the team is a whole...not one guy acting out. I have become less focused on this because it is just part of our culture, but also because Sanders was such a freak of nature that I forgave him almost anything. I don't like him on NFLN but I think he dominated the passing game more than M Jordan did basketball...just super human.

So, as much as I don't like it, I am not going to judge the players as people based on this. They seem to be a really good group of guys and that's much more important.

Sofa--forgot to mention...almost every sports show today, led off with CK doing the Cam super man deal. then they talked about the game! But I do get your point!

On around the horn they talked about Kap's Superman and other things. Made it out like we are always brash, chippy and cocky. Don't know what team they are watching. We are no different then any other team. Seattle on the other hand disrespects their opponents before, during and after the game.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
On around the horn they talked about Kap's Superman and other things. Made it out like we are always brash, chippy and cocky. Don't know what team they are watching. We are no different then any other team. Seattle on the other hand disrespects their opponents before, during and after the game.

seattle is alot worse and they also cheat.....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
they did not even talk about the game itself and that is what pissed me off. it was a great game and they acted like it never took place
Sofa--forgot to mention...almost every sports show today, led off with CK doing the Cam super man deal. then they talked about the game! But I do get your point!

Good to hear some of them actually discussed the game! The only show I had time to tune in today was SportsNation. They started the show with Kap, but focused entirely on the Superman thing.

But it was a great victory. Time to move on and kick some Seadderall ass.
I stopped watching ESPN years ago, and I haven't been happier since. Those guys hate on anything and everything from the Bay Area.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone