Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Roman needs a run game with adequate linemen...I don't see an opening that fits

Minnesota

Frazier was fired ??

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-head-coach-leslie-frazier-relieved-of-duties-after-losing-season-123013]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-head-coach-leslie-frazier-relieved-of-duties-after-losing-season-123013[/url]

Minn can be tempting but I doubt roman will leave harbaugh...I think it's more harbaugh letting go then roman going on his own

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm gonna trip the f**k out if Roman doesn't get an interview. 9ers go to the playoffs 3 straight years, teams are dumb if they're not picking off this team.

They've tried for various assistants. Donatell will be gone for sure this time around. Fangio, like I said, doesn't seem to have any sort of HC chops, he's a DC and that is it. Roman, its hard to tell what others around the league actually think of him.
Roman needs a run game with adequate linemen...I don't see an opening that fits

Minnesota

Frazier was fired ??

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-head-coach-leslie-frazier-relieved-of-duties-after-losing-season-123013]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-head-coach-leslie-frazier-relieved-of-duties-after-losing-season-123013[/url]

Minn can be tempting but I doubt roman will leave harbaugh...I think it's more harbaugh letting go then roman going on his own
Originally posted by verb1der:
Roman is going to coach the Redskins, he'll be good with RG3.

This or Detroit!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Frazier was fired ??

Yep, welcome to "We gonna fire errrrybody Monday" Shanahan, Frazier, Schiano, Schwartz....

I think Black Monday is gonna get extended because we be waiting on Oakland and Tennessee.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm gonna trip the f**k out if Roman doesn't get an interview. 9ers go to the playoffs 3 straight years, teams are dumb if they're not picking off this team.

They've tried for various assistants. Donatell will be gone for sure this time around. Fangio, like I said, doesn't seem to have any sort of HC chops, he's a DC and that is it. Roman, its hard to tell what others around the league actually think of him.

Dammit I hope Donatell doesn't leave, they need to block that s**t. And I agree too, I don't think Fangio has that HC mentality either at least in the NFL that this. But as for Roman, if I was Lombardi up in Cleveland I would give Roman a serious look since the 9ers have been a consistent winning team.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Roman is going to coach the Redskins, he'll be good with RG3.

This or Detroit!

Do it, Snyder!
  • dj43
Roman's chances for a HC job will be limited by the lack of offensive efficiency throughout much of the season. The offense did get better when Crabtree returned but that also coincided with a weaker schedule. Smart GMs will look at the overall roster strength and question how much of a role Roman actually played in the winning record. OTOH, there will be a lot of teams looking for new HCs, and unless they are willing to look to the college level, Roman may rise to the top of what looks to be a rather mediocre list of talent at this point.

I would like him gone. Far too many tricks and not enough solid foundational offense. Just my thoughts….
  • dj43
The best job opening will be in Detroit where Schwartz was unable to control Matthew Stafford's erratic play. There is talent on that team but will need a strong and respected hand to bring it together. Not sure Roman fits that bill.

The teams looking for new coaches are all BAD teams. All of them have much bigger problems than just the HC.
We do not know if the play calling is entirely Roman's idea or if he is throttled down by JH. That 17 point opening quarter showed that he knows how to design different plays, but once the lead was established somebody, either Roman or JH, went straight to the prevent offense to compliment the prevent defense.

In any case, so many coaches were let go that you would think Roman would at least be seriously considered. Actual football people, not necessarily the owners, know if Roman is calling the shots here or not. Running Gore into a stone wall time after time and then punting, or trying to force CK to be a classical pocket passer, may not be his idea.

Dammit I hope Donatell doesn't leave, they need to block that s**t. And I agree too, I don't think Fangio has that HC mentality either at least in the NFL that this. But as for Roman, if I was Lombardi up in Cleveland I would give Roman a serious look since the 9ers have been a consistent winning team.

They can't, his contract is up at the end of the season. If he wants to go be a DC somewhere, the 49ers can't stop him.
  • dj43
Originally posted by carlgo:
We do not know if the play calling is entirely Roman's idea or if he is throttled down by JH. That 17 point opening quarter showed that he knows how to design different plays, but once the lead was established somebody, either Roman or JH, went straight to the prevent offense to compliment the prevent defense.

In any case, so many coaches were let go that you would think Roman would at least be seriously considered. Actual football people, not necessarily the owners, know if Roman is calling the shots here or not. Running Gore into a stone wall time after time and then punting, or trying to force CK to be a classical pocket passer, may not be his idea.
Nothing happens on this team that does not have Harbaugh's stamp of approval on it. Not sure if that helps or hurts Roman's chances.
Fangio just doesn't strike me as a good HC candidate. He just doesn't have that "it" that team look for and I think some look at the personnel that he has to work with and just sees a decent job. Plus, right now teams seem to be trending toward OCs as HCs. With that in mind I would be ecstatic if someone took the Roman Chariot of Poor Play Calling off our hands. Go be smart and cute somewhere else.
Hope Cleveland hires the hawks DC
I wanna see our WR coach fired N replaced with someone that knowz how to develop ,teach N scout young WRz...
Share 49ersWebzone