There are 238 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Dammit I hope Donatell doesn't leave, they need to block that s**t. And I agree too, I don't think Fangio has that HC mentality either at least in the NFL that this. But as for Roman, if I was Lombardi up in Cleveland I would give Roman a serious look since the 9ers have been a consistent winning team.

They can't, his contract is up at the end of the season. If he wants to go be a DC somewhere, the 49ers can't stop him.

That sucks.....extend him again godt dammit!!!
If Roman seriously gets hired... They probably don't watch our play-calling very much...
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think the votes for Roman as a HC are mostly wishful thinking. I'm still wishing.

It's more than wishful thinking, it's a must.

Maybe we can entice David Shaw at Stanford since he doesn't have to move anywhere.

That's ridiculous. Shaw could probably have any head coach opening in the NFL. Being Stanford HC > Being 49ers OC
I might be in the minority, but we could do a lot worse than Roman as OC. I don't agree with some of his play calls but cant argue against the success that we have had. My biggest issue with him is our bland short yardage play calls and our coaching staffs over confidence in our short yardage run game.
i thought frazer's job is safe. Seems like a logical choice for Roman
As long as we get a good replacement for him, I don't care where Roman goes, as long as he's gone.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Roman needs a run game with adequate linemen...I don't see an opening that fits

Minnesota

Roman in Minnesota with Manziel at QB would be a perfect fit. That team is just a new offense and QB away from being the 2011 49ers or 2013 Chiefs. Maybe even better due to AP being a freak of nature. DT Floyd and WR/KR/PR Patterson are beasts too.
I think Fangio stays for reasons already mentioned.

In the end i think Roman stays as well.

The guy that worries me is Tomsula who could draw interest as a DC somewhere, and he really would be deserving of it, but i love the guy, and would hate to see him go. Always wanted him to take over for Fangio one day.
Minnesota

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Roman needs a run game with adequate linemen...I don't see an opening that fits

Minnesota

Can u imagine what Roman could scheme for Corderelle Pafterson?
Someone please hire Roman... PLEASE!

I don't know why everyone is so eager to see Roman go. I know he had hi weaknesses, but JH will probably just elevate Geep Chryst. Given the choice between Roman and. Chryst, I'd taken Roman anytime.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I don't know why everyone is so eager to see Roman go. I know he had hi weaknesses, but JH will probably just elevate Geep Chryst. Given the choice between Roman and. Chryst, I'd taken Roman anytime.

Then again the Panthers promoting Shula to OC after Chud left worked out well for Cam so who knows .
Is there any chance Norv is available?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Is there any chance Norv is available?

Supposedly Cleveland is trying to keep all of Chud's staff, and its not like the guys under contract can just bounce.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dammit I hope Donatell doesn't leave, they need to block that s**t. And I agree too, I don't think Fangio has that HC mentality either at least in the NFL that this. But as for Roman, if I was Lombardi up in Cleveland I would give Roman a serious look since the 9ers have been a consistent winning team.

They can't, his contract is up at the end of the season. If he wants to go be a DC somewhere, the 49ers can't stop him.

That sucks.....extend him again godt dammit!!!

Ed Donatell is probably as good as gone. He's been a DC before and is likely to get a shot at being DC again. We really do have some of the best position coaches in the business. All of our guys on defense (Jim Tomsula, Jim Leavitt, and Ed Donatell) are top notch. I hope Jim Harbaugh is prepared for the poaching.
Share 49ersWebzone