LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

2013 - Week 14: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Having three dogs of my own, I feel your pain. RIP to her.

To comment on their "dominant" secondary, facemask hit on Crabtree and CB not looking at the ball... and the refs still miss the call. D!ck She-man constant holding past 5 yard line. No penalty on late block/hit on Whitner, etc. She-man and SEA fans should STFU about bad calls!
To play devil's advocate for a second, I wonder if the amount of energy seahawks fans spend defending Richard Sherman isn't directly proportional to the amount that he is criticized. Not that the criticism isn't totally warranted. I just think they mainly do it because, hey he might be an a*****e, but he's their a*****e so they're going to speak up when we call him a stupid, loudmouth, cheating, PED-using, dumb-girl-haired jerk.

Also, I totally dig the media downplaying this loss. If it was my team, I would want a little humility after a loss, an attitude of "what can we do to prevent this from happening again?" Instead, the Seahawks and the media both seem to think this loss only validates what a great team they are. Pride goeth before a fall
Originally posted by swayze:
To play devil's advocate for a second, I wonder if the amount of energy seahawks fans spend defending Richard Sherman isn't directly proportional to the amount that he is criticized. Not that the criticism isn't totally warranted. I just think they mainly do it because, hey he might be an a*****e, but he's their a*****e so they're going to speak up when we call him a stupid, loudmouth, cheating, PED-using, dumb-girl-haired jerk.

Also, I totally dig the media downplaying this loss. If it was my team, I would want a little humility after a loss, an attitude of "what can we do to prevent this from happening again?" Instead, the Seahawks and the media both seem to think this loss only validates what a great team they are. Pride goeth before a fall

Well put.
Seahawks DBs were incredibly intimidated in this game, when their D wasn't sending a 4-man rush, they are struggling to clog the lanes with almost 6-7 guys out in coverage! Desperation set in towards the final 18 minutes of the game, tons of holding, tugging, and grabs. There were times when their coverage held, but there was always at least one weak matchup Kap saw, and he went for it (the luxury of all those weapons).

They couldn't handle Kap the moment he left the pocket. Beyond Sherman, Seattle DBs show a great lack of effort with handling agile WRs off of comeback routes, Sherman was getting eat up by Boldin on every matchup, and Crabs was doing his finest "Kobe" impression. Film room had to of exposed this, when Kap had time in the pocket, the DBs couldn't hold Boldin, Davis, Crabs, or Miller on the field (all at the same time).

Also forgot how Russell Wilson blew a time-out towards the end of the third quarter to avoid a delay of game penalty. That TO could have helped them later on.
out of curiosity how many time outs did Kap waste in this game? (other then the one that had to be used because the refs didn't stop the play clock) I dont remember him calling alot of time outs and we still had 2 or all 3 on our last posession.
Nice breakdown and I'm sorry for your loss. Pets passing on is the hardest part about owning one.
Sorry about your loss bro. I am a dog lover as well. She looked like a beautiful Husky Marvin.
dog is pretty tight, doe.

Ihope carolina beat both phili and sea if it came down to it.
Just watched the game again......On the last drive there were 2 key blocks.....On the long Gore run, FB Bruce Miller throws a lane clearing block giving Gore a cut back....The 3rd down run Kap made, watch what Boldin did.....He Blew Up the DE Clemons, knocked him on the ground with a crack back block.........Great Stuff....Keep it up! GO NINERS!
Sorry for your loss Marvin. RIP Grace.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
out of curiosity how many time outs did Kap waste in this game? (other then the one that had to be used because the refs didn't stop the play clock) I dont remember him calling alot of time outs and we still had 2 or all 3 on our last posession.

The Seahawks were the ones that wasted the timeouts. Won us the game.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:

I like this angle LOL..... Dreadlocks aren't "dumb-girl-hair" though...
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Just watched the game again......On the last drive there were 2 key blocks.....On the long Gore run, FB Bruce Miller throws a lane clearing block giving Gore a cut back....The 3rd down run Kap made, watch what Boldin did.....He Blew Up the DE Clemons, knocked him on the ground with a crack back block.........Great Stuff....Keep it up! GO NINERS!

This brings up an interesting idea from yesteryear...if the team begins the game with short passing and sweeps it gives the WRs and TEs a chance to hit DBs and pass rushers legally and take some of the starch out of them. Boldin's block was against a DE and was a really nice block. If you can get these guys thinking of self protection a little early in the game...just a thought.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sorry for the lateness of this, but as I said last night we lost a member of our family Monday morning. More on that later.

1) Kap: I think it's important to keep in mind who they were playing. That's the best secondary in the NFL they were up against. I HATE those guys, and one in particular (more on that later), but they are damned good. Kap tried to make a few of those back shoulder throws that he's becoming adept at throwing in the past few weeks and they were very well defended...and maybe even illegally defended.

The INT...it;s really easy to put that one on Kap and he did so himself, but there is a part of me that wonders if the design of the play was supposed to be that Crab go up over the defender to get the ball. Kap threw one just like it last week to Boldin. What further makes me wonder that is the reaction of Crab himself right after the play and in his tweets after the game. He blames HIMSELF on that one...not Kap.

Anyway...not a great game but by far the best game Kap has played vs Seattle.

2) Gore: Wow. It wasn't the running that has me wowed. It's the SMARTS to get down in bounds. Those small decisions are huge and are all the difference between winning and losing.

3) Sherman: You can always count on good ol' Dick Sherman to say something stupid and act like he knows something nobody else knows. So damn arrogant. So damn false. "This is a glorified practice". "They got the calls". "We expected a blowout". It amazes me constantly how Seattle fans go on and on and on and on about how big a "douche" Kap is and how Harbaugh is the antichrist and then turn a totally blind eye to the biggest a$$hat in the NFL who resides in their own secondary. The guy is good. Check that...the guy is GREAT. For a fanbase that states the 49ers have no "class", its 100% hypocrisy claim that and then support Dick Sherman.

4) Crab: Clearly not all the way back, but making strides. A bit better every week. Still sometimes seems to be playing out of control, but I think that's more rust than anything else. He seems to have much more strength and confidence in that leg than I'd anticipated he'd have at this point.

5) Boldin: Godsend. Still slow as molasses, but just so damn tough and smart. Crab coming back is preventing teams from doubling him and we are going to see more and more of him running open than we did earlier in the year.

6) Bowman: This just in - He's good. The speed that he closed on Wilson with shocked even Wilson. It doesn't look like he's moving that fast but he's flyin'.

7) Dawson: GREAT signing. Remember that feeling of dread last year whenever Akers would trot on the field? Gone.

8) CB: I think it's fair to say that Rogers is playing in his last few games in SF. We'll have to see on Brown. Brock has continued to look really, really good though. Wright is just getting himself back into playing again so it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. Culliver should also be back next year and I'd expect to see the 49ers draft a CB or 2 to compete.

9) Playoffs: It looks like the 5 seed might be a possibility. Dead heat with Carolina, tho they own the tie-breaker. They still have to play NO again tho. That would change things a bit. Niners look like they'd go to Detroit in round 1 and then go to NO in round 2. Those are both winnable games. The Panthers would have to go into Philly and if they won go to Seattle. That would give the Panthers a shot to knock off Seattle in Seattle. If the 'hawks win, that sets up a 49ers-Seahawks NFC Championship game in Seattle. That could be fantastic. Its a rough game, but it'll be worth the shot to knock them off in their house.

10) Grace: This one is purely selfish and has nothing to do with football. Many of you have already offered your condolences when I mentioned that we were forced to put our Siberian Husky Grace to sleep Monday morning. For that, I thank all of you.

RIP Grace Aspen Steele

Sorry for your loss Marvin. On Kap, everyone wanted Kap to be the game manager like Alex Smith in this game, he was and we won but, He's gonna have to do more if we play Seattle in the playoffs.
As always, enjoyed the post Marvin. I'm sorry for your loss. It's always tough to lose a pet. They are a member of the family.
Share 49ersWebzone