LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

2013 - Week 14: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry about your dog dude. Can't imagine how much it sucks coming home and he not being there. Got a pup of my own and dread that day (hope it is years away).
  • mod
  • Veteran
RIP Grace
Originally posted by gm5689:
Great post! I look forward to reading your posts ever since I joined the forum.

I completely agree in regards to everything. Gotta love the "Dick Sherman" comments as well. Everything you said is so true. He reminds me of a douche-ier version of Deion Sanders. Not sure how Seattle fans think he's the second coming of the second coming of Christ (the second coming being Wilson).

Anyone else bothered how basically every single media article out there discredits the 49ers win? This has been irritating me as of late. It was a close game, but I still think the niners have been snubbed and haven't been getting the credit they deserve.

Seattle is a a great team but it seems like most media outlets are crowning them NFC Champs and have been since the offseason. I personally hate how the media latches onto a team and just milks them dry. For example, look at the ESPN NBA page. They have a page on the homepage that is specifically dedicated to the Miami Heat. To me, it's pathetic. I feel like every time I took at ESPN, the homepage is surrounded by Seahawk articles. Most of the ESPN writers are ignorant too.

Anyway...rant over...

That's OK, its fuel for the 49er fire. They need to keep the intensity going in Tampa. Can't afford to lose another game.
Sorry for your loss Marvin.

I think Kaep is still a huge work in progress. His miss to Miller was huge and there were several opportunities where he flat out didn't see or chose to ignore our RBs in the flat.

I respect that you think Sherman is a great player, but I don't see it. He's a physical DB but I question his effectiveness if he plays within the rules. Aside from Earl Thomas, I don't think Seattle's secondary would be as good if they played on different teams - the system calls for them to hold and hand check throughout the play and they all look unstoppable when the refs allow them to do.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:

I completely agree in regards to everything. Gotta love the "Dick Sherman" comments as well. Everything you said is so true. He reminds me of a douche-ier version of Deion Sanders. Not sure how Seattle fans think he's the second coming of the second coming of Christ (the second coming being Wilson).

Anyone else bothered how basically every single media article out there discredits the 49ers win? This has been irritating me as of late. It was a close game, but I still think the niners have been snubbed and haven't been getting the credit they deserve.

Seattle is a a great team but it seems like most media outlets are crowning them NFC Champs and have been since the offseason. I personally hate how the media latches onto a team and just milks them dry. For example, look at the ESPN NBA page. They have a page on the homepage that is specifically dedicated to the Miami Heat. To me, it's pathetic. I feel like every time I took at ESPN, the homepage is surrounded by Seahawk articles. Most of the ESPN writers are ignorant too.

Anyway...rant over...

That's OK, its fuel for the 49er fire. They need to keep the intensity going in Tampa. Can't afford to lose another game.

This... Let's keep the underdog mentality.

Great job Marvin!

And kudos on the Gore run. Going down was so critical...

Good to see RayMac playing well, that might be his best game of the season.

On the flip side, really disappointed in Manningham...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Great job Marvin!

And kudos on the Gore run. Going down was so critical...

Good to see RayMac playing well, that might be his best game of the season.

On the flip side, really disappointed in Manningham...

Agreed. I feel like that dude puts in minimal effort. Even last season before he was hurt he just seemed so sluggish and nonexistent.
Sorry about your dog.

Here's my 2 cents.
m
Great call on Gore going down inbounds to keep the clock running. Smart Plus!

IMO, it seems Willis has a tough time covering TE's. Maybe Bowman would be a better move since Patrick is excellent at everything else.

Miller is such a big contributor; blocking, catching, running.

Wright seems more comfortable every week, hope the improvement keeps up.

Manningham still seems a bit weak.

Thanks for all you positive contributions and work.

Sherman is the kind of guy you LOVE to HATE!
I wanted to add that I think that although Boldin is slow as molasses, he might be the right WR for San Francisco in going up against the Seahawks secondary. The Seahawks have beaten the 49ers recently in large part by beating up the WR's, making them hesitant off the line as well to go up and catch a ball in traffic. This tactic has eliminated Manningham entirely and everyone else not named Crabtree or Davis. What Boldin brings is a toughness factor that, with Crabtree, can be just as physical with them at the line as they want to be with our WR's. The one missing element is a 3rd WR now, a speedy and/or shifty WR who can roam the middle of the field. A Welker type? At this point I'd settle for a Wes Welker lite because we're getting nothing from the #3 anymore.

Everyone wants to say James, but if he hasn't shown the ability to play slot then why bother?
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM ]
Hey Marvin, I am rarely logged in these days, but I do make it a point to read your analysis each week. Just wanted to say that I am so sorry about your puppy.

I've had to say goodbye to 5 dogs in my life (Misty, a Czech line German Shepherd; Kiko, a Husky/Akita mix; Rusty, a Doberman/Aussie Sheperd mix; Lucky, a purebred German Shepherd; and Monty, a German Shepherd/Redbone Coonhound mix) and every single one was heartbreaking. Sorry for your loss amigo.

I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy, Marvin.
Sorry for your loss Marvin...

Another note on Sherman... good to see him FINALLY get called for the blatant holding he normally get away with!

Gore... great to see him gash Seattle for another big run in his career!
Sorry for your loss Marvin, as a fellow dog owner I understand. And, just wanted to let you know that I look forward to your recaps every week.

Anyway...rant over...

I agree with you on the media, but that's just how journalists (particularly in the realm of sports) are. They looove to play phony fortune teller...and they either play the odds (conservatively), or go completely against the grain so they can tell their colleagues "I told you so." Right now, they're running with the Seattle hype train, because frankly, it's the safest bet. And though painful to admit, Seattle's earned their attention this year by winning...a lot. If say, Arizona goes CenturyLink and pulls one out, you'll see a whole bunch of second-guessing, but even then, they'd be reluctant to bet against them.
Double post. My bad.
[ Edited by Legbreaker on Dec 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone