LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 269 users in the forums

Ex-Recievers Making Plays Why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I hear y'all. Its called bandwagon fans, they've never been with the team when we sucked so bad to truly appreciate what we have now as a winning franchise as a whole. They just jumped on the wagon when we started winning, now the team is struggling they are panicking like a mofo and some are already asking for Harbaugh's head, and the sky has already fallen on their side.
I have been a 49er FAN probably longer then you been ALIVE so don't come here with that Band-wagon crap son....I see what I see for a reason..there is a window with the talent that is on this TEAM and it is NOT BEENING USED TO THE UPMOST because of inept coaching and That INCLUDES Harbaugh..He is the Head Coach and He needs to FIX the Offense , and IF you want to SETTLE for poor play calling and no half-time Adjustments then Please be MY GUEST,but I see Less Talented Teams playing BeTTER offense,something is wrong..Hey Put on your glasses and take a LOOOOONNNGG look and tell me that Roman,Morton,and Geep that they are the best OC Staff YOU have ever seen

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Its not like the coaches are not calling pass plays. Our QB just refuses to throw the ball when they do. There was over 40 drop backs in last week's game.

where are the screen plays ,the quick slants, skinny posts, comeback curls where are they?...most of the pas plays are go routes with a few crossing routes,remember the slant routes Jerry Rice used to run ,most of them were for TDs and John taylor used to run the skinny Post .THIS IS NOT THE WEST COAST OFFENSE that Harbaugh is running ,He still has that Chicago BEARS Mentality same as Singleminded and Nowin
Originally posted by cciowa:
short sighted post in my opinion,, i went through joe thomas and oj so do not put a blanket over things that only bandwagon fans are reacting in a negative fashion to the poor play and coaching of this team vs good teams this year when we were supposed to be an elite team. of course we like what JH has done but that means not alot when he and his coaches are f**king up our team this year with their decisions, play calling etc. JH gets a longer leash than roman and other asst coaches but please do not tell those of us who have been through tough times that we are bandwagon fans who only came along lately for the ride. pointing out legit concerns about the team and coaches or actually saying the refs have not been screwing us does not make them any less of a fan

Well said
Originally posted by MarkD:
I think I will start getting my 49er news elsewhere like 49 ers.com. I assume normal people are there. Not the pretend madden wanna be coaches who claim to know everything and just want people fired.

Don't let the door hit you on the way OUT

WTF?? Dad do you have to quote me every time you respond to somebody? Thanks for thinking about me but reading it once is good enough.
I hear y'all. Its called bandwagon fans, they've never been with the team when we sucked so bad to truly appreciate what we have now as a winning franchise as a whole. They just jumped on the wagon when we started winning, now the team is struggling they are panicking like a mofo and some are already asking for Harbaugh's head, and the sky has already fallen on their side.
I have been a 49er FAN probably longer then you been ALIVE so don't come here with that Band-wagon crap son....I see what I see for a reason..there is a window with the talent that is on this TEAM and it is NOT BEENING USED TO THE UPMOST because of inept coaching and That INCLUDES Harbaugh..He is the Head Coach and He needs to FIX the Offense , and IF you want to SETTLE for poor play calling and no half-time Adjustments then Please be MY GUEST,but I see Less Talented Teams playing BeTTER offense,something is wrong..Hey Put on your glasses and take a LOOOOONNNGG look and tell me that Roman,Morton,and Geep that they are the best OC Staff YOU have ever seen

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Its not like the coaches are not calling pass plays. Our QB just refuses to throw the ball when they do. There was over 40 drop backs in last week's game.

where are the screen plays ,the quick slants, skinny posts, comeback curls where are they?...most of the pas plays are go routes with a few crossing routes,remember the slant routes Jerry Rice used to run ,most of them were for TDs and John taylor used to run the skinny Post .THIS IS NOT THE WEST COAST OFFENSE that Harbaugh is running ,He still has that Chicago BEARS Mentality same as Singleminded and Nowin
short sighted post in my opinion,, i went through joe thomas and oj so do not put a blanket over things that only bandwagon fans are reacting in a negative fashion to the poor play and coaching of this team vs good teams this year when we were supposed to be an elite team. of course we like what JH has done but that means not alot when he and his coaches are f**king up our team this year with their decisions, play calling etc. JH gets a longer leash than roman and other asst coaches but please do not tell those of us who have been through tough times that we are bandwagon fans who only came along lately for the ride. pointing out legit concerns about the team and coaches or actually saying the refs have not been screwing us does not make them any less of a fan

Well said
Originally posted by MarkD:
I think I will start getting my 49er news elsewhere like 49 ers.com. I assume normal people are there. Not the pretend madden wanna be coaches who claim to know everything and just want people fired.

Don't let the door hit you on the way OUT
Originally posted by kem99:
Everyone needs to calm down about Ted Ginn. Its not like we was drafted by the 49ers, spent his entire career in SF and was never able to produce. He failed in Miami as a WR. Failed here as a WR. And, now is having an ok season in Carolina. Might he have helped this year? Sure, maybe, but the decision not to pursue him was made before Crabtree got hurt. And, his "breakout" year is 27 catches for 422 yards as the 3rd WR, so its not like he suddenly became Calvin Johnson. And, I know I've seen him drop two well thrown deep balls in the last couple of weeks. Good for Ginn and Carolina for making it work but its hardly a move the 49ers can or should be criticized for given Ginn's history as a WR prior to this year.

As for AJ Jenkins, sorry, regardless of whether he catches one ball or fifty between now and the end of the season, this board is the last place anyone should be criticizing the move to trade him. Criticizing drafting him is fair but, at the time he was traded, I don't recall anyone lamenting his leaving because they thought he was about to "break out" Ted Ginn-style.

As for Gordon, hopefully for the last time...Justin Blackmon was being very productive as well until he had another slip up and is now suspended again. That's all you need to know about why the 49ers AND no other NFL team traded for Gordon at the trade deadline.

YOU fail to see there is a pattern hey that FAVORS certain WRs Ginn was not civen much of a chance here to catch passes 1 or 2 attemps per every other Game? how do you expect anyone to be productive with those slim to none chances.....I know what I'm seeing and it is not GOOD Coaching.Who has the most catches and yards on the team?2 Davis and Bolden...look at ALL the Teams in the NFL and see How the Wealth is spread out to other WRs on each team Except the 9ers and WE rank DEAD LAST in PASSING and you don't see a Problem with that? WOW I was not talking about Blackmon I was talking about Gordon..why are you trying to compare the 2? 2 different people...Gordon has not been in trouble lately has he? so what is your point..could it be that getting Gordon would have REALLY exposed Romlan ?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Roman's offense runs "rings around" Walsh's WCO.
Walsh's WCO.won Superbowls...so what has Roman's offense done??
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
Roman's offense runs "rings around" Walsh's WCO.
Walsh's WCO.won Superbowls...so what has Roman's offense done??
run run run and run so more ,run eveybody up the middle no matter if they are outside runners or scat back runners run the up the middle..The first offensive play of tonight s game will be a run up the middle.
They are using Ted Ginn. We did not so much. It is what it is.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Frustrating to watch other teams pass while we continue to beat our heads into the same concrete wall over & over.

Well our QB isn't up to par on playing NFL football.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Meh....it is what it is.

Ted Ginn was reportedly still dropping passes and running poor routes by the time he left SF. In Carolina, they may not place a premium on route running as much, who knows... Or he may just have stepped his game up a notch or was given confidence now that he's not buried on a depth chart. It's not a big deal IMO...players leave systems where they struggle, and go to other systems where they succeed. Kory Sheets just ran for 200 yards last night lol
  • dj43
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Man yall b*tch so much over every lil thing makes me wonder how bad this place was 5-7 yrs ago when we're goin 7-9 N 8-8 most of tha time..

I hear that, and this year has been extremely hard with the injuries. And Kaep, this is really his second year, for the time being, my approach to this team is benefit of the doubt...., I would at least give to them one more year to see what they can do.

Why you old SOB...

I thought I was the only one here who had seen that.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

A.) When the QB doesn't throw the ball at all we don't know what the play was (unless you watch the coach's film) because most of the action that would help you know that is off the screen.

B.) When the QB "kill kill kills" to the 2nd play called almost every play we never know what the original play was supposed to be.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]
  • dj43
This is not a receiver friendly offense. I spent the weekend watching undrafted FAs make plays on other teams but guy like Baldwin who has been reasonably productive with BAD QBs can't even get on the field.

It is now clear that Harbaugh prematurely promoted Colin Kaepernick to lead the varsity team. Either Harbaugh is not the Great Quarterback Whisperer or he just has a bad eye for when a QB is ready to lead a good team. In either case, it has become abundantly clear this season that this team would be much better off with Alex Smith than CK. It appears Harbaugh got all excited over Kaepernick's "physicals" and has not spent enough time teaching him how to play.

For a team that is loaded with talent, some of it at the prime of their careers, they should not be burdened with a young QB that is not ready to play at this level. I love the potential he seems to have but falling in love with the person you WANT someone to be rather than recognize them for who they are is just a recipe for disappointment. Potential means nothing. Production means everything. As I watched the cool, calm way Alex Smith moved his team down the field in the final 5 minutes for what should have been a game-winning TD, I was reminded once again of Harbaugh's premature decision to bench Smith in favor of his "high potential" prodigy… I

I'm tired of watching other teams use rookies and UFAs while we complain about a lack of talent at WR. I'm tired of hearing people say we have to wait for CK to learn how to play. Go tell that to Frank Gore who is closing in on the end of his career. Harbaugh screwed up. He either over-sold himself as a QB coach or he egotistically promoted "his guy" over the guy that was, and still is, winning.

That's all...

For those taking my-- "Roman's offense runs "rings around" Walsh's WCO."-- post literally, it was sarcasm making fun of the "Ring around the Rosie" play in New Orleans.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
For those taking my-- "Roman's offense runs "rings around" Walsh's WCO."-- post literally, it was sarcasm making fun of the "Ring around the Rosie" play in New Orleans.

Holy moley, Ronnie! When you have to explain to people your hilarious post to be sarcasm it's time to ready ourselves for the fall of our civilization.
Ya wanna know why Jimmy H. and staff are not calling swing passes, slants and screens? Well, it's because Colin "Darrel LaMonica" Kapernick can only throw the long ball. Da Kap has too big of a wind-up, has inconsistent touch and is a one-trick pony (the read option). The kid reminds me of a young Randal Cunningham (when he was with the Eagles). Oh, and just for reference, Alex Smith is no all pro either.
  • kem99
  • Veteran

YOU fail to see there is a pattern hey that FAVORS certain WRs Ginn was not civen much of a chance here to catch passes 1 or 2 attemps per every other Game? how do you expect anyone to be productive with those slim to none chances.....I know what I'm seeing and it is not GOOD Coaching.Who has the most catches and yards on the team?2 Davis and Bolden...look at ALL the Teams in the NFL and see How the Wealth is spread out to other WRs on each team Except the 9ers and WE rank DEAD LAST in PASSING and you don't see a Problem with that? WOW I was not talking about Blackmon I was talking about Gordon..why are you trying to compare the 2? 2 different people...Gordon has not been in trouble lately has he? so what is your point..could it be that getting Gordon would have REALLY exposed Romlan ?
Well, congratulations...you managed to miss the entire point...You are missing the entire pattern that Ted Ginn came into the league as a high first round draft pick WR with the Dolphins and was so successful as a WR that after 3 years, they traded him for a fifth round pick, and only got that because he was a very good return man.

Has Gordon been in trouble recently? Well, lets see...2010, suspended by Baylor for being arrested with drugs (his less talented teammate who was arrested with him was kicked off the team. 2011, kicked off team for failing a drug test. Transferred to Utah and failed another drug test there and was not allowed to play so he entered the 2012 Supplemental Draft instead. Sometime in either 2012 or early 2013, he failed yet another drug test and was suspended for the first 2 games of this season.

All of which means that basically since at least 2010, Gordon has not gone more than a year without either a drug arrest or failed drug test. In between the arrests and failed drug tests, he's become a very good WR...except that his next failed drug test (or drug conviction) brings with it the potential of a full year suspension, as was the case with Blackmon. So, lets see, talented WR been in trouble every year for drugs for at least the last 4 years vs. one year suspension for next violation...That's why no team, not just the 49ers, would give up a 2nd round pick for him (or whatever Cleveland was asking for).
  • kem99
  • Veteran
And, just to further make the point...

Former 49er WR's making an impact for other teams as a WR during the 2013 season....

Chad Hall...No
Marlon Moore...No
Kyle Williams...No, now out for year with another knee injury
AJ Jenkins...No
Austin Collie...signed by the Patriots, released after 3-4 weeks, no impact, remains a FA
LaVelle Hawkins...signed by Chargers 10/1, despite having lost both of their starting WR's for the season, has zero (0) catches, that's the definition of no impact
Ricardo Lockette...signed by Bears to practice squad, released 3 weeks later; signed and remains on the Seahawks practice squad, obviously no impact

Funny you didn't mention any of those guys in your original post...guess that was all bad coaching too by the 49ers...and everyone else in the league too...instead you picked the one guy that is having a modest "breakout" season only when you compare his numbers to every other year in his NFL career.
Share 49ersWebzone