There are 154 users in the forums

Ex-Recievers Making Plays Why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Man yall b*tch so much over every lil thing makes me wonder how bad this place was 5-7 yrs ago when we're goin 7-9 N 8-8 most of tha time..

I hear that, and this year has been extremely hard with the injuries. And Kaep, this is really his second year, for the time being, my approach to this team is benefit of the doubt...., I would at least give to them one more year to see what they can do.

I hear y'all. Its called bandwagon fans, they've never been with the team when we sucked so bad to truly appreciate what we have now as a winning franchise as a whole. They just jumped on the wagon when we started winning, now the team is struggling they are panicking like a mofo and some are already asking for Harbaugh's head, and the sky has already fallen on their side.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Frustrating to watch other teams pass while we continue to beat our heads into the same concrete wall over & over.

Its not like the coaches are not calling pass plays. Our QB just refuses to throw the ball when they do. There was over 40 drop backs in last week's game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Man yall b*tch so much over every lil thing makes me wonder how bad this place was 5-7 yrs ago when we're goin 7-9 N 8-8 most of tha time..

I hear that, and this year has been extremely hard with the injuries. And Kaep, this is really his second year, for the time being, my approach to this team is benefit of the doubt...., I would at least give to them one more year to see what they can do.

I hear y'all. Its called bandwagon fans, they've never been with the team when we sucked so bad to truly appreciate what we have now as a winning franchise as a whole. They just jumped on the wagon when we started winning, now the team is struggling they are panicking like a mofo and some are already asking for Harbaugh's head, and the sky has already fallen on their side.
short sighted post in my opinion,, i went through joe thomas and oj so do not put a blanket over things that only bandwagon fans are reacting in a negative fashion to the poor play and coaching of this team vs good teams this year when we were supposed to be an elite team. of course we like what JH has done but that means not alot when he and his coaches are f**king up our team this year with their decisions, play calling etc. JH gets a longer leash than roman and other asst coaches but please do not tell those of us who have been through tough times that we are bandwagon fans who only came along lately for the ride. pointing out legit concerns about the team and coaches or actually saying the refs have not been screwing us does not make them any less of a fan
every fan has their breaking point where its too much for them. if someone is less patient that another fan it doesnt make them bandwagon, just makes them less patient. i dont know many bandwagon fans who would sign up on the internet to talk about their fav team, takes a certain level of dedication to do that.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I think I will start getting my 49er news elsewhere like 49 ers.com. I assume normal people are there. Not the pretend madden wanna be coaches who claim to know everything and just want people fired.
LOL at AJ Jenkins making plays. On the year. 2 catches for 28 yards.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL at AJ Jenkins making plays. On the year. 2 catches for 28 yards.

if that does not say something then i just do not know
If you look at Roman's recipe for offensive success, you'd be fooling yourself if you think he calls for equal parts creative run and pass patterns. Roman's offense is designed to control the clock and run the ball down the opponents throats period. Only problem is that the opposing teams have figured this out. It's like driving a sports car that is supposed to have 5 gears but we can only run the car in gears 1 and 2 because we don't have much designed in the passing downs.

Sure our WRs have been injured but there are others on the roster that should be able to fill in. Happens all the time in the NFL. But we also have "chicken vs egg" scenario going on to add insult to injury. Kaep is only throwing the ball to two receivers: Boldin and Vernon. It's become comical. We'll never know if this is Kaep's limitation (I doubt it) or Harbaugh/Roman's preference to "only throw the ball to those receivers that are open and we trust."

In short, it's a mess. So it's no surprise that our receivers can go anywhere and achieve greater success than they do in SF. As others have pointed out, I see a HUGE INTERNAL CONFLICT coming in the offseason. I predict Jed will put the pressure on Harbaugh to replace Roman. So it will be interesting to see what transpires. I personally want Roman out because he's a one trick pony.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
If you look at Roman's recipe for offensive success, you'd be fooling yourself if you think he calls for equal parts creative run and pass patterns. Roman's offense is designed to control the clock and run the ball down the opponents throats period. Only problem is that the opposing teams have figured this out. It's like driving a sports car that is supposed to have 5 gears but we can only run the car in gears 1 and 2 because we don't have much designed in the passing downs.

Sure our WRs have been injured but there are others on the roster that should be able to fill in. Happens all the time in the NFL. But we also have "chicken vs egg" scenario going on to add insult to injury. Kaep is only throwing the ball to two receivers: Boldin and Vernon. It's become comical. We'll never know if this is Kaep's limitation (I doubt it) or Harbaugh/Roman's preference to "only throw the ball to those receivers that are open and we trust."

In short, it's a mess. So it's no surprise that our receivers can go anywhere and achieve greater success than they do in SF. As others have pointed out, I see a HUGE INTERNAL CONFLICT coming in the offseason. I predict Jed will put the pressure on Harbaugh to replace Roman. So it will be interesting to see what transpires. I personally want Roman out because he's a one trick pony.
agree, even though i am unsure what romans one trick is,.. a one trick pony will only take you to a few towns(like teams who have losing records)
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Anyone noticed thta Ted Ginn is making plays and catching TDs,hell even A.J.Jenkins was catching passes today...I was watching the Cowboys-Giants game as well as the Cheifs-Chargers game and and they were running screen plays after screen plays,I watched Matt Flynn come in and make plays with about a week of practice...There is no Freaking excuse for the way our Offense is playingperiod..and I know Kaep is a netter qb the flynn and yet the play calling is so damn predictable
its a shame that Dumb and Dumber refuse to go back to the WCO.....I'm sick of the answers dumb keep giving about our Offense..saying it NOW if the 9ers lose Monday,they are out of the playoffs...and ipray that JED demand that the OC staff be let go and if Dumb dosent like it he can go to...I'm quite sure if you look hard enough and long enough the 0ers can find a true WCO coach and staff.Anybody see what Josh Gordon did today..over 200 yds receiving and 1 td...could have had him and then draft a good wr in the 3rd round.....just sick of the stubbornness of the coaching staff wanting to stick what aint working and everybody can see that it aint working except Dumb and Dumber.
Everyone needs to calm down about Ted Ginn. Its not like we was drafted by the 49ers, spent his entire career in SF and was never able to produce. He failed in Miami as a WR. Failed here as a WR. And, now is having an ok season in Carolina. Might he have helped this year? Sure, maybe, but the decision not to pursue him was made before Crabtree got hurt. And, his "breakout" year is 27 catches for 422 yards as the 3rd WR, so its not like he suddenly became Calvin Johnson. And, I know I've seen him drop two well thrown deep balls in the last couple of weeks. Good for Ginn and Carolina for making it work but its hardly a move the 49ers can or should be criticized for given Ginn's history as a WR prior to this year.

As for AJ Jenkins, sorry, regardless of whether he catches one ball or fifty between now and the end of the season, this board is the last place anyone should be criticizing the move to trade him. Criticizing drafting him is fair but, at the time he was traded, I don't recall anyone lamenting his leaving because they thought he was about to "break out" Ted Ginn-style.

As for Gordon, hopefully for the last time...Justin Blackmon was being very productive as well until he had another slip up and is now suspended again. That's all you need to know about why the 49ers AND no other NFL team traded for Gordon at the trade deadline.

I have been a 49er FAN probably longer then you been ALIVE so don't come here with that Band-wagon crap son....I see what I see for a reason..there is a window with the talent that is on this TEAM and it is NOT BEENING USED TO THE UPMOST because of inept coaching and That INCLUDES Harbaugh..He is the Head Coach and He needs to FIX the Offense , and IF you want to SETTLE for poor play calling and no half-time Adjustments then Please be MY GUEST,but I see Less Talented Teams playing BeTTER offense,something is wrong..Hey Put on your glasses and take a LOOOOONNNGG look and tell me that Roman,Morton,and Geep that they are the best OC Staff YOU have ever seen
I have been a 49er FAN probably longer then you been ALIVE so don't come here with that Band-wagon crap son....I see what I see for a reason..there is a window with the talent that is on this TEAM and it is NOT BEENING USED TO THE UPMOST because of inept coaching and That INCLUDES Harbaugh..He is the Head Coach and He needs to FIX the Offense , and IF you want to SETTLE for poor play calling and no half-time Adjustments then Please be MY GUEST,but I see Less Talented Teams playing BeTTER offense,something is wrong..Hey Put on your glasses and take a LOOOOONNNGG look and tell me that Roman,Morton,and Geep that they are the best OC Staff YOU have ever seen

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Its not like the coaches are not calling pass plays. Our QB just refuses to throw the ball when they do. There was over 40 drop backs in last week's game.

where are the screen plays ,the quick slants, skinny posts, comeback curls where are they?...most of the pas plays are go routes with a few crossing routes,remember the slant routes Jerry Rice used to run ,most of them were for TDs and John taylor used to run the skinny Post .THIS IS NOT THE WEST COAST OFFENSE that Harbaugh is running ,He still has that Chicago BEARS Mentality same as Singleminded and Nowin

where are the screen plays ,the quick slants, skinny posts, comeback curls where are they?...most of the pas plays are go routes with a few crossing routes,remember the slant routes Jerry Rice used to run ,most of them were for TDs and John taylor used to run the skinny Post .THIS IS NOT THE WEST COAST OFFENSE that Harbaugh is running ,He still has that Chicago BEARS Mentality same as Singleminded and Nowin
Originally posted by cciowa:
short sighted post in my opinion,, i went through joe thomas and oj so do not put a blanket over things that only bandwagon fans are reacting in a negative fashion to the poor play and coaching of this team vs good teams this year when we were supposed to be an elite team. of course we like what JH has done but that means not alot when he and his coaches are f**king up our team this year with their decisions, play calling etc. JH gets a longer leash than roman and other asst coaches but please do not tell those of us who have been through tough times that we are bandwagon fans who only came along lately for the ride. pointing out legit concerns about the team and coaches or actually saying the refs have not been screwing us does not make them any less of a fan

Well said
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Okay DAD!! So fathah, would you rather have Singletary and Nolan back too?? Nobody said anything about Roman, Morton, and Geep being the best OC I have ever seen in my young life, so I think you should put on your reading glasses and read my post again fathah. And stop yelling, no wonder why mom divorced your ass.

Originally posted by cciowa:

Well said
Originally posted by MarkD:
I think I will start getting my 49er news elsewhere like 49 ers.com. I assume normal people are there. Not the pretend madden wanna be coaches who claim to know everything and just want people fired.

Don't let the door hit you on the way OUT
Share 49ersWebzone