LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Just as long as we peak at the right time, we're gonna be okay!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At this rate we'll be "peaking" on our couch come wild card weekend.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If the f**king Ravens can do it like last year why can't we? Same with the Giants the year before

Both those teams had proven Qb's and offenses.

at this point we have to hope for a wildcard birth. the division is seattles. we have to fend off the cardinals because theyre right on us and a bunch of other nfc teams within a game, tied or on top of us. cant afford to drop any more games and i dont think these close losses are good for the team psyche. harbaugh seriously has to think about dumping roman and something has to be done about kap's decision making. maybe different plays would help but kap is in a major funk mentally that he needs to snap out of
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, but you'd figure Kaep would have progressed by now, but he's regressing. Is he like a like lion taking two steps back before he attacks!

But yeah, if we can figure out this offense and the D and S/T remains consistent we can defeat any team with ease. We just lost two games with an inept offense by a total of 3 points to two teams who are currently 14-5 combined.

This is true what you say about Kaepernick, and by no means are our offensive woes a small issue. We've got a BIG problem now, but I truly think that Crabtree is going to spark the offense. He's NOT going to be the same Crabtree he was last season, but just having him back will spark things. Players go through slumps and Kaepernick is definitely slumping right now. He's got 7 weeks to get it back together because we can't make a playoff run with an ineffective quarterback. Teams go through adversity EVERY season, and this one is definitely the one we have right now.

This could happen and good to be optimistic. I just don't see it. There are many things wrong with this offense. Crabtree is not going to fix this. Teams have figured out how to keep Kap in the pocket, put pressure on him and shut down the passing game. He can't read the field well and go through the progressions. Crabtree will replace Boldin. I'm wondering if we are going to see Boldin's numbers plummet if he starts zeroing in on Crabtree.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Both those teams had proven Qb's and offenses.

Joe Flacco is proven my ass. He gets paid like a Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers but isn't anywhere close to their level. This year he has spare parts to work with and is failing miserably, while Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and even Philip Rivers routinely make wine out of water. Now that Flacco has devoured the Ravens' salary cap they will never be able to pay the kinds of players Flacco needs around him to do well.
Originally posted by biggiep:
Joe Flacco is proven my ass. He gets paid like a Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers but isn't anywhere close to their level. This year he has spare parts to work with and is failing miserably, while Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and even Philip Rivers routinely make wine out of water. Now that Flacco has devoured the Ravens' salary cap they will never be able to pay the kinds of players Flacco needs around him to do well.

um..he won a Super Bowl beating the 49ers and Kaep will be blessed to even reach Flacco status before his career is over. Flacco can make throws Kaep cant even dream of yet. I'm not being a 49ers basher, these are just facts. The 49ers have no chance-period.

they lost to a team-as close as the game was- who can get chunks of yardage with one throw...SF wont get that ability any time soon and the run game wont carry them like it did last year
We peaked during the first game of the season against the Pack. It's been all downhill from there.
Pack played zone against us I believe. The NFL adjusts really fast.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

Yes, the Pack played zone. The Seahawks and every team after plays man, puts 8-9 in the box, and dares us to win with our passing game. The good teams limited the run, and our QB and WRs are incapable of winning in the passing game. That's check mate.
Kaep is most comfortable in the pistol. It's what he was built to do. He's best when he's instinctive and doesn't have to think too much. I agree, let him loose and let him run. Maybe not right now, because we don't have enough weapons to keep the defense honest, but turning him into a full time pocket passer seems to be a failed project, at the moment.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

Yes, the Pack played zone. The Seahawks and every team after plays man, puts 8-9 in the box, and dares us to win with our passing game. The good teams limited the run, and our QB and WRs are incapable of winning in the passing game. That's check mate.

Exactly. Although some of the beat guys and others who have rewatched last week's tape said receivers were often open against Carolina. I fear that was probably the case today (there were a few examples where Fox showed Boldin calling for the ball while wide open). Receivers who are matched one on one will likely be open a few times a game.

Originally posted by est1985:
Kaep is most comfortable in the pistol. It's what he was built to do. He's best when he's instinctive and doesn't have to think too much. I agree, let him loose and let him run. Maybe not right now, because we don't have enough weapons to keep the defense honest, but turning him into a full time pocket passer seems to be a failed project, at the moment.

The pistol is not the answer either. That scheme has been mostly figured out. When it was brand new, the play fake would freeze all the DEs and LBs into place. They didn't know what to do. Not anymore. They're prepared and they have blown up most every pistol play that I've seen this year. Kap has to become a full-time pocket passer. If he can't, he will not succeed in this league.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Our coaches are doing a Michael Vick on him -- trying to turn him into something he's not (pure pocket passer)... might work in the future, BUT not the near future. SET KAP FREE!!
well, then you can kiss his pro career goodbye.

this aint college
If we win the past two games the conversation would be that Kaep is maturing. Watching Luck in the pocket he seems so natural, even Cam surprised me with his pocket presence. After taking the team to the brink expectations were really high. Let everything evolve, one thing though, excuses are getting played out.
Normally I would agree, but Kaepernick looks awful, not only that but his lack of maturity is really showing, and it's going to prevent him from getting over his problems in time for it to matter.
Share 49ersWebzone