There are 239 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

I think it's Krap....lol
Originally posted by dj43:
A college offense just does not work in the pros. Kaepernick is not yet ready for prime time but I doubt Peyton Manning could make this offense work.

Yes, he would.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Do most people know who Aaron Rodger's OC is? Or Brady..or Manning...or Brees...Or even Cutler...or Stafford...or Wilson.

No one needs to know...the QB gets the job done...for the most part.

I guess onto the next game...life goes on.

Rodgers-McCarthy offense....the OC in GB is interchangeable, they've been running the same system for almost a decade. Tolzien has stepped in and thrown for 600 yards in 2 games as a starter in that same system. Matt Flynn earned an entire contract off of 2 good games in that same system.

Brees-Payton. Once again, who gives a f**k, they've been running the same system forever and its effective.

Jay Cutler? Not sure if serious.

Harbaugh has never coached a high octane passing offense, nor has he played on one. The offensive side of his staff just isn't that experienced. The only solution may be to find an OC that can run an NFL offense with a potent passing game. Mike Martz anyone? Just kidding!
They started out the game with a lot of short quick plays which I thought was really a good idea after what happened last week. They had some success with it and moved the ball at times. Roman was simply stuck in self defeating gear of running Gore between the tackles on first down for little or nor gain. Aikman said it. There single on the wideouts on first down. Also, where were the short plays to LaMichael? I did see more distribution on the passing game than before. Baby steps?
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Harbaugh has never coached a high octane passing offense, nor has he played on one. The offensive side of his staff just isn't that experienced. The only solution may be to find an OC that can run an NFL offense with a potent passing game. Mike Martz anyone? Just kidding!
They started out the game with a lot of short quick plays which I thought was really a good idea after what happened last week. They had some success with it and moved the ball at times. Roman was simply stuck in self defeating gear of running Gore between the tackles on first down for little or nor gain. Aikman said it. There single on the wideouts on first down. Also, where were the short plays to LaMichael? I did see more distribution on the passing game than before. Baby steps?

I would take Martz in a heartbeat at this point, at least his passing offense resembled an actual NFL passing offense. This s**t we're seeing now is pure remedia.
Obviously it's partially "both," but this poll is good because it forces a choice between Kap or Roman as the person who is most responsible. I think it's Kap right now. He's still missing open guys, hesitating, not making the proper pre-snap adjustments, etc., FAR TOO OFTEN.
I say both. Krap can't read defenses and relies too much on boldin and Davis. Take them away and kap is krap. Roman gets blame for predictable play calling. Last three plays looked alot like last three plays against Carolina. Looks like jimmy ray is oc again. In addition, First 2 losses you can blame bad receivers, but kap now had had 11 weeks to develop a rapport with his receiving core.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I want to say it's mostly Kaepernick. Alex Smith had the same offense, albeit with less read option stuff, and I find was a bit more efficient. Obviously he wasn't as explosive, but I feel like he sustained drives a bit better than Kaepernick. But let's not make this an Alex Smith thread.

I feel like Kaepernick is still limited by his mental ability. He can make all the throws, he can extend plays, but he's not quite there yet in reading defenses pre and post-snap. There were so many instances where I was thinking that he could have just dumped it off to a runningback or an underneath option and that would've put us in a shorter down and distance.

But onto Greg Roman... I feel like he's limited the offense for Kaepernick, but he needs to adapt to Kaepernick's flaws. Kaepernick needs to know what his checkdowns are. Kaepernick needs to know what his hot reads are. Because it feels so much that the problem isn't with our wide receivers not getting open, but Kaepernick and the scheme.

If defenses are gonna double Vernon Davis or Anquan Boldin, use them as a decoys and give Manningham, Baldwin, McDonald, and the runninbacks opportunities to win underneath. I think we just don't have the short passing game needed to supplement the play action pass when our running game isn't working.

this is how im feeling...make plays that work for him...its obvious he is figured out...i think we should have him roll out more (the vd touchdown pass)
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Obviously it's partially "both," but this poll is good because it forces a choice between Kap or Roman as the person who is most responsible. I think it's Kap right now. He's still missing open guys, hesitating, not making the proper pre-snap adjustments, etc., FAR TOO OFTEN.

Kaepernick isn't responsible for the playcalling. Fix the playcalling issues, see what Kaepernick does, if he still struggles, look to replace him as well, but the playcalling, first and foremost is the most pressing issue, this offense is incredibly predictable and plays into the hand of the defense, it doesn't force defense's to adapt or adjust, the Saints played their game on defense happily the way they had it drawn up, they took big risks to cheat and stop the run and the 49ers never really made them pay for it.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by dj43:
A college offense just does not work in the pros. Kaepernick is not yet ready for prime time but I doubt Peyton Manning could make this offense work.

Yes, he would.

Exactly. Because he would be calling the plays, not Roman.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
You didn't have a pick for BOTH

Both of them STINK equally

Yeah, the drops hurt. My man Frank dropped that sure first down when we needed it. That hurt. McDonald could not hang on either. Tough catch. But still. It would have been nice.
both. roman makes some stupid playcalls but kap also makes some pretty ridiculous throws and doesnt look past the receiver to see whats ahead of the play before he throws it. could have easily had another pick today
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Exactly. Because he would be calling the plays, not Roman.

exactly

but if he had to run roman's plays they would ask if he should retire

does anyone think that if we executed roman's vision that the offense would be potent and unstoppable?

i don't. if you're honest you won't either
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by captain_planet:

Kaepernick isn't responsible for the playcalling. Fix the playcalling issues, see what Kaepernick does, if he still struggles, look to replace him as well, but the playcalling, first and foremost is the most pressing issue, this offense is incredibly predictable and plays into the hand of the defense, it doesn't force defense's to adapt or adjust, the Saints played their game on defense happily the way they had it drawn up, they took big risks to cheat and stop the run and the 49ers never really made them pay for it.

Certainly there are playcalling issues. I think we were all waiting for the 49ers to counter the Saints' defensive strategy...which never really happened. But man, sometimes Kap just looks so lost, so "deer in the headlights" for an entire series I can't bring myself to believe he would look great in any offense. He's playing like he's been castrated. He needs to take some swagger away from his pink headphones and sideways Dolphins hats and apply it on the field.
Kap sux. Roman sux. Harbaugh sux. Gore sux. Baalke sux.
Share 49ersWebzone