LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

I want to see McCoy or Bethel-Thompson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Practice. You talkin' 'bout PRACTICE. That's where you'll see them fools.
  • JP49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Yes, crazy I know, but I'm not being reactionary at all. Just curious. Last year Smith got benched due to a concussion when he was playing really well. This year, Kaep has been healthy, but playing poorly. I don't know, maybe it's time to sit him. Granted they could use his upside at New Orleans, but he hasn't shown any since week 1.

Here's my rationale (which I'm sure you'll think is flawed):
McCoy or Bethel Thompson is not Kaep. Obviously. So by taking that athleticism away, your left with leaning on the running game more (since they always get away from it). I think it would also force the coaches hands regarding play calling--they'd have to get more
creative and use deception when the QB is more limited. A conservative yet balanced gameplay sprinkled with "smoke and mirrors" play calls.

Yeah, it sounds crazy, but I can rationalize it. After all, when you're 32nd in passing coming off a 91 yard game, you can only go up!

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
If there was only a way you cut someones fingers off over the net so they wouldn't post such asinine stuff....

This. Worst thread ever!!!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
If there was only a way you cut someones fingers off over the net so they wouldn't post such asinine stuff....

sadly in the event of having no fingers, they'd just resort to getting a straw and putting it in there mouth and using that to type their crazy thoughts.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I know Kaep is a sub-par quarterback and if he thinks he deserves top QB money he is sorely mistaken. I hope to god we don't waste our salary cap money on him, because we can draft a rookie QB in the next draft who will put up far better numbers than he has. That being said, he is the best option on our roster this year because McCoy and Bethel-Thompson are just that bad. As long as Kaep is not our quarterback next season I'm fine with rebuilding at that position.
Originally posted by captain_planet:

The only way Kap will improve is by playing...we know he can do the job, so he'll have to rebound, along with the entire offense to beat the Saints. All the great QB's in the league have had bad games...it's how you respond to adversity that matters. I'm confident Kap has the ability to overcome the Panthers game and play well.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
this thread has me

Share 49ersWebzone