LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

I want to see McCoy or Bethel-Thompson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, crazy I know, but I'm not being reactionary at all. Just curious. Last year Smith got benched due to a concussion when he was playing really well. This year, Kaep has been healthy, but playing poorly. I don't know, maybe it's time to sit him. Granted they could use his upside at New Orleans, but he hasn't shown any since week 1.

Here's my rationale (which I'm sure you'll think is flawed):
McCoy or Bethel Thompson is not Kaep. Obviously. So by taking that athleticism away, your left with leaning on the running game more (since they always get away from it). I think it would also force the coaches hands regarding play calling--they'd have to get more
creative and use deception when the QB is more limited. A conservative yet balanced gameplay sprinkled with "smoke and mirrors" play calls.

Yeah, it sounds crazy, but I can rationalize it. After all, when you're 32nd in passing coming off a 91 yard game, you can only go up!
No, you don't.
bethel thompson gets cut multiple times every year and mccoy has a weenie arm, is fidgity in the pocket and is a better runner than passer. im good
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Yes, crazy I know, but I'm not being reactionary at all. Just curious. Last year Smith got benched due to a concussion when he was playing really well. This year, Kaep has been healthy, but playing poorly. I don't know, maybe it's time to sit him. Granted they could use his upside at New Orleans, but he hasn't shown any since week 1.

Here's my rationale (which I'm sure you'll think is flawed):
McCoy or Bethel Thompson is not Kaep. Obviously. So by taking that athleticism away, your left with leaning on the running game more (since they always get away from it). I think it would also force the coaches hands regarding play calling--they'd have to get more
creative and use deception when the QB is more limited. A conservative yet balanced gameplay sprinkled with "smoke and mirrors" play calls.

Yeah, it sounds crazy, but I can rationalize it. After all, when you're 32nd in passing coming off a 91 yard game, you can only go up!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I feel you man, we are all disappointed with Kap right now, I know. But, this ?! This is just beyond crazy. Believe me, you don't need to see McCoy, we have seen more than enough. Let me describe McCoy for you, you know how Kap craps in his pants when he faces a stout D with a scary pass rush ? Well, McCoy is worse, not only does he craps in his pants, he craps through his pants, but only without the arm. As for Bethel-Thompson, not that I have seen a lot of his work, but the dude gets cut all the time.

Let's just say this, pack up for the season, draft a QB in April and let's see whether Kap can improve with Crab, Mario back and whatever high round WR studs we are going to draft. If he is still wearing blinders on wide open receivers then, bench him and try out the rookie.

It's really not rediculous. Kaep is averaging around 10 net yards a quarter. You can get a high school QB from the Bay Area somewhere to do that.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's really not rediculous. Kaep is averaging around 10 net yards a quarter. You can get a high school QB from the Bay Area somewhere to do that.

SD, why don't you pack up and move to the Bay and play for us ? Someone's got to represent !!
Honestly McCoy should have played the entire game against the Jags. He could have used the reps!
If there was only a way you cut someones fingers off over the net so they wouldn't post such asinine stuff....
Share 49ersWebzone