LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Apart of me feels really f**king bad for RGIII, now if that were Russell Wilson... that'd be another story. -It was a real depressing scene on the Skins sideline, the way Morgan, Garcon, and Griffin were all huddled up together on the sideline.

You could see the torment in their eyes, it was like 2005 for us. -Lots of people in my house were wondering if there could be a mercy rule for these types of affairs. Even the Jags put up a better fight.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:57 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lets not get too excited boys. THe skins are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now. k, thx bye.
@ProFootballTalk: Mike Shanahan: We haven't been dominated like that since I've been here http://t.co/4H6XNBm79H
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Calling those stretch plays against an 8-9 man front will never work no matter who is in the backfield too.

There's that as well. They need to back defenses off by consistently passing the ball and taking advantage of single coverage, a defense will only stick with a losing strategy for so long, if they start getting lit up by the passing game, they'll pull someone out of the box and put them into coverage which would then make the offense overall more explosive as the defense is caught between defending against the run and the pass and either being more vulnerable to passes downfield or getting busted up with a powerful running game.

Don't get me wrong none of us on here more about football and x's and o's than Roman but I just don't get why he can't figure that out. I mean coaches in general some times it's so easy for a casual fan to see it but coaches can't. Is it stubbornness and thinking if I call it the players have to execute it? You hear the players all the time say we just have to execute better like they are brainwashed into thinking a play call is never the problem. Sure some times it's execution and sure many plays against certain looks/defenses are designed for a big play/td but some plays called just won't work against some looks/defenses no matter how well executed. You will hear the coaches say it too we didn't put our players in a position to succeed well it's like learn from it. But back to the stubbornness I think it was similar with the way Singletary coached and how he expected everyone to get better instead of upgrading players. Guys like Snyder and espeically Rachal were horrible and instead of thinking let's upgrade them it's like let's coach them up they will get better but in reality some players only have so much talent and no matter how much you coach them up will still not be very good. Same with how he said we just have to execute better. You're running right up the middle every play against 10 man fronts and you expect the play to succeed and we just have to execute better. Oh so if we execute we get 2 yards instead of 0 or 1. I'm rambling here but bottom like seems like stubbornness some times and coaches just outsmart themselves.

Keep in mind we won 27-6. Insofar as last night, everything worked pretty well. Consider that at times the Redskins had 6 DB's on the field to counter the shotgun spread formations. Consider also that the 49ers started utilizing their jumbo formations for passes instead of simply Gore off guard runs. The play where he hit Vance MacDonald and earlier Vernon Davis up the sideline as an example. Given the way the year has gone for the offense, lets give it a couple of weeks first...
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM ]
From TheHogs.net

Hogshaven wrote:The most entertaining part of this game was watching Griffin get kicked in the nuts. The irony is, as a diehard Redskins fan, I feel like I am getting kicked in the balls year in and year out. 20 freaking years of this crap.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39910&start=240
  • dj43
It sure helps to play a lousy team.

A win is a win is a win, however, the team in the dark jerseys last night didn't look like they belong in the NFL. Shanahan's game plan was just junk. Hard to believe this is the same guy that used to put up such interesting and productive game plans as 49ers' OC.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hahaha yeah. I really don't mind what Vernon's preferences are either. I've only heard dandy used as a way to say something or someone was excellent. But I knew of the other meaning and I thought it was funny that out of all the word's Ditka could have used to describe VD, he said Dandy LOL.

Are you two from the bible belt?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hmmm...he might be.

Dandy - a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance.

That is true about VD lol. He's really into fashion and art. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I can see how an old school tough guy like Ditka might find that to be a bit

LOL at the smiley. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if VD was gay with how artistic he is and the way he has been talking. Hopefully nobody takes offense to that not all guys who are artistic or whatever are gay and really I don't care if VD is gay or not as long as he keeps playing well on the field. I will say dandy probably used a lot more back in Ditka's days and meant gem/in this case a great player. It's not really used much in today's language. I dont know I have heard it used as fine and dandy meaning everything is good.... he's a dandy could mean he's gem/good player. what a dandy.. probably means the definition you gave

From what I've heard, he is. And I couldn't care less, especially when he performs as one of the league's elite players. I just want to know what exactly Singletary said, or did, that not only unleashed him as a player, but as a person.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lets not get too excited boys. THe skins are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now. k, thx bye.

Yes, but it's a good step in the right direction. Kaep needs to go over more film, study what he can improve on. We all know Kaep works hard on and off the field.
It was a weak team, but Aldon Smith tearing it up was huge.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

class act

where was he after the seattle game? A class act would show equal respect after a tough loss, not run off the field like a little hoe.

class act

where was he after the seattle game? A class act would show equal respect after a tough loss, not run off the field like a little hoe.

• boast
  • Hella Fame

class act

truth ICBM
Originally posted by hofer36:
anyone see Ditka on the espn pregame showing talking about Vernon davis--he was complimentary saying he was the niners best player in his view then he called Vernon a dandy, placing emphasis on the word dandy...was Ditka trying to imply something

Ditka is a Dick.
Share 49ersWebzone