There are 255 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
RG3 took a lot of punishment (pretty tough kid)... I'm just glad we didn't seriously injure him. I don't think AS did that on purpose, but the pic could be deceiving. It's a good thing he didn't plant into him, but still landed on the (knees)... that's gotta hurt.

Yeah he did. It's tough on these guys so much pressure. I mean millions of people, an entire city is expecting you to bring them back to glory. Doesn't help when you do well the first season and everyone is quick to anoint you a hall of famer or super star and then you get all the media attention. That gets to your head and then the next year teams start figuring you out and everyone wants a piece of you. I guess that's why they get millions but amazing the pressure on those guys.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

class act

Good for both.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Now that's real crunch time
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah he did. It's tough on these guys so much pressure. I mean millions of people, an entire city is expecting you to bring them back to glory. Doesn't help when you do well the first season and everyone is quick to anoint you a hall of famer or super star and then you get all the media attention. That gets to your head and then the next year teams start figuring you out and everyone wants a piece of you. I guess that's why they get millions but amazing the pressure on those guys.

He also got little help from his OL and doesn't have any particularly good receivers, they are all pretty much average with perhaps the exception of Garcon. A 10+ year pro like Brady or Brees could make it work, but not a guy in his 2nd season. They need upgrades on defense, on the OL, at WR and have no 1st rounder to utilize.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

If Tom Brady gets hit like that, there's a flag thrown there. lol
Great team win tonight! Better play calling, no injuries, better play on all 3 phases of the game. Great job! Lehhsss keep it going. Running game wasn't there due to facing 8-10 man in the box, but Kap and the passing game showed up big. Rams next and we need to win all of our games to make the playoffs. Lehhsss Goooo Niners!! Lehhsss Dooo this!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
suh is watching proudly

LOL and with a little envy
I wonder if bob the 3rd is hiding the tvs in the facility right now. He's probably already texting shanny not to show the tape.
RGIII is a classic case of a good man with a bad supporting cast. Anyways, that is a WSH problem and hopefully they can fix it.

Onto St.Louis.
The 49ers' 27-6 win over the Redskins Monday showed that at least one of those QBs is back on track this season. Kaepernick went 15-of-24 for 235 yards with three touchdowns as San Francisco moved to 7-4. He used his legs to move the chains here and there, but most impressively, he stayed calm in the pocket, delivering deep strikes downfield against a vulnerable Redskins secondary. The primary recipient of those strikes was Anquan Boldin, who finished with 94 yards and two touchdowns, his best game since he dropped 208 yards on 13 catches in the Week 1 win over the Packers. Kaepernick posted a 9.8 yards-per-attempt average after marks of 4.14 and 4.10 in his previous two games.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Unless it's Kuechly
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He also got little help from his OL and doesn't have any particularly good receivers, they are all pretty much average with perhaps the exception of Garcon. A 10+ year pro like Brady or Brees could make it work, but not a guy in his 2nd season. They need upgrades on defense, on the OL, at WR and have no 1st rounder to utilize.

Agree, same with Kap. Kap is definitely at fault at times but other times the OL, play calling and WRs haven't helped him. Problem is everyone is quick to blame the QB even if it isn't all his fault although some times it is. Still the QB will get the majority of the hate even if he doesn't deserve it all. Same thing with when a WR runs the wrong route naturally everyone thinks it's the QBs fault. I guess thats why they get paid so much. It's tough to be an NFL QB and there are very few good-great ones. There is a reason guys like Carr get paid 2-4 million to sit on the bench and guys can stay in the league for 10 years while only starting a few games. There just is a lack of good QBs out there.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by LVJay:
RG3 took a lot of punishment (pretty tough kid)... I'm just glad we didn't seriously injure him. I don't think AS did that on purpose, but the pic could be deceiving. It's a good thing he didn't plant into him, but still landed on the (knees)... that's gotta hurt.

Maturity/Experience will soon sink in and they'll start to get it... RG3 however, (IF) he can stay healthy, he too can return to prominence.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I liked how he didn't drive him into the ground. That would've been a flag.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by outside4949:
I wonder if bob the 3rd is hiding the tvs in the facility right now. He's probably already texting shanny not to show the tape.

Share 49ersWebzone