There are 204 users in the forums

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Maybe the idea is to sign QBs to give them bad info and release them. That way when other teams pick them up for tips they are bamboozled.

Our FO is so smart.

Maybe they're thinking Seattle will now release Daniels so they can pick up Skelton?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
srsly, WHY even make this move?? lmao.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by sdcindy:
Does that mean the 49ers liked Bethel-Thompson more than BJ Daniels or were they having 2nd thoughts about releasing Daniels in the first place?

i think ur giving them too much credit. they don't know WTF they're doing. Releasing BJ made no fkn sense, which is very apparent after these moves

Yup, that's the only logical conclusion. They don't know what they're doing. I can't believe they lucked into building a SB caliber roster. I bet if you put a bunch of monkeys in there we would have a super bowl by now.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

That is almost exactly what I did when I read this. I like the guy in the back putting his hands on Keanu's shoulders to comfort him. That is what I need right now.
LOL TWO WEEKS LATER.............. 49ERS RELEASE BETHEL THOMPSON AND SIGN (FILLERR QB FOR 2 WEEKS)
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
LOL TWO WEEKS LATER.............. 49ERS RELEASE BETHEL THOMPSON AND SIGN (FILLERR QB FOR 2 WEEKS)

Get in line folks. Our turn may be coming soon.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Yup, that's the only logical conclusion. They don't know what they're doing. I can't believe they lucked into building a SB caliber roster. I bet if you put a bunch of monkeys in there we would have a super bowl by now.

Yeah.....clearly they have no clue.

Obviously Aldon Smith, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, Eric Reid, Donte Whitner, Kendall Hunter, Chris Culliver, Glenn Dorsey and many others just happened to show up on the roster one day when Baalke woke up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Yeah.....clearly they have no clue.

Obviously Aldon Smith, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, Eric Reid, Donte Whitner, Kendall Hunter, Chris Culliver, Glenn Dorsey and many others just happened to show up on the roster one day when Baalke woke up.

Yup. Exactly.
Lol were going to be the laughing stock of the league soon

• thl408
There are major issues at WR, OL depth, and DL depth, but the front office is dicking around with the backup QB position. Who cares, I guess. If the backup QB ever sees the field, the season is lost anyway and the team might as well tank for a better draft pick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I predict Green Bay will cut Tolzien and we will cut McBLT to sign Tolzien. lol
I really don't see the problem with this, yet, it seems erratic but if the 49ers liked MBT better than Skelton, who gives a f**k? Its the #3 QB, if they're so keen to get their guy at that position to such a level of detail, then I feel pretty good about it. I see a front office that is constantly shuffling around the board, trying to add better and better fitting pieces everywhere.

Why people are upset again, I honestly don't know, its the #3 QB, not going to make a difference eitherway, don't think they could have foreseen that MBT was going to be cut and once the Vikings did cut him, the 49ers jumped on him, preventing Minnesota from putting him on their practice squad.
Originally posted by thl408:
There are major issues at WR, OL depth, and DL depth, but the front office is dicking around with the backup QB position. Who cares, I guess. If the backup QB ever sees the field, the season is lost anyway and the team might as well tank for a better draft pick.

What makes you think they aren't looking at improving all over the roster? Or are you under the impression that a team can only focus on a single position at any one given time? We know the 49ers have talked to teams about WR's, we know they reached out to Richard Seymour after Aldon went to rehab, clearly they've been looking to upgrade this team and are not leaving any stone unturned.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

BREAKING ... McLeod Bethel-Thompson's preseason stats: 33 of 52, 320 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 85.4 rating. #49ers
Share 49ersWebzone