LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 333 users in the forums

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
McLeod Bethel-Thompson was released in 2011 to make room for Scott Tolzien.
Scott Tolzien was released to make room for B.J. Daniels
B.J. Daniels was released to make room for John Skelton
John Skelton was released to make room for..
Great thread title!
The only logical explanation is that they are paying B.J. Daniels on the side to be a spy from the inside of the Seattle organization. They signed Skelton and released to broker a deal with him to infiltrate the Cardinals when Palmer gets taken out from a big hit next week and they are scrambling for a backup with experience and a familiarity with Fitzgerald.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rwkenny:
The only logical explanation is that they are paying B.J. Daniels on the side to be a spy from the inside of the Seattle organization. They signed Skelton and released to broker a deal with him to infiltrate the Cardinals when Palmer gets taken out from a big hit next week and they are scrambling for a backup with experience and a familiarity with Fitzgerald.

sadly, this IS the only reasoning that makes sense.
This move doesn't help
It really makes no sense dumping B.J. Daniels to pick up Skelton, then dumping Skelton and picking up another unknown.

At least the outlook on B.J. looked promising, but I was willing to accept the fact that Skelton had experience. Now What?

At this point I think that Baalke or whatever is name is ...IS grasping for straws. I don't think he has a CLUE of what he wants in a QB.

Maybe he's waiting for another Peyton Manning, or a Drew Brees to fall into his lap.

GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!
I give up. Im just not gonna get my hopes up about any backups long term potential. I actually had decent expectations of Skelton as far as possibly developing into a solid backup QB for kap.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i could care less that they cut Bj, i could care less they signed red skeleton,, i could care less they cut red and signed this guy,, that being said, this front office and these quarterback moves are making my head hurt in trying to keep up
Originally posted by cciowa:
i could care less that they cut Bj, i could care less they signed red skeleton,, i could care less they cut red and signed this guy,, that being said, this front office and these quarterback moves are making my head hurt in trying to keep up

trying to keep Aldons name out of the media maybe ?
Well, kids got a strong arm and good size anyway.

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Psinex.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
But but but but Grant Cohn said signing Skelton was a DEFINING moment for Harbaugh!
A DEFINING MOMENT!!!

I dislike Grant Cohn, but this most recent dumpster dive still doesn't mean much in terms of the Niners running the read option.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
McLeod Bethel-Thompson was released in 2011 to make room for Scott Tolzien.
Scott Tolzien was released to make room for B.J. Daniels
B.J. Daniels was released to make room for John Skelton
John Skelton was released to make room for..

Doesn't make any sense at all. These moves don't ease our minds, especially with the way Kap has been playing. It's quite frustrating really.
How could Skelton go from prospect to bust in one week? I'm very confused by this move and
can't wait to hear what Baalke and Harbaugh have to say......

It would be nice if the WR issue was addressed through FA.............

Go 9ers......
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
It really makes no sense dumping B.J. Daniels to pick up Skelton, then dumping Skelton and picking up another unknown.

At least the outlook on B.J. looked promising, but I was willing to accept the fact that Skelton had experience. Now What?

At this point I think that Baalke or whatever is name is ...IS grasping for straws. I don't think he has a CLUE of what he wants in a QB.

Maybe he's waiting for another Peyton Manning, or a Drew Brees to fall into his lap.

GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!

Seriously? We have Kap, he is the Future. Not MCBLT, or whatever, or McCoy, Skelton or Daniels.

I dont get why people get butt hurt when we release a webzone favorite. What happened when Thomas Clayton was cut, thats right he did s**t. Kory Sheets, you guessed it, s**t.

I love how he got Bowman, Brooks, Lee, Justin, A.Davis all extended, and gets 110% credit, and love, and now because we cut a project QB, and got another one, people dont like, they bash Baalke. Webzoners suck right now. Get a frigging clue. Baalke knows 1000 times more than everyone on this board combined.
Originally posted by rwkenny:

Share 49ersWebzone