There are 148 users in the forums

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The Niners are set for the next couple of years. If anything, they just need a good backup QB.

You didn't hear we just signed John Skelton?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great highlights...too bad we never run plays like this. Can you imagine how bored and frustrated he'd get with 1 target a game, maybe 2...both deep sideline routes? We aren't exactly a team that "spreads it around to everyone." Hell, we had Randy Freaking Moss and we only used him as a decoy!

We had Randy Freaking Moss, but the problem was he also came with a walking cane. lol.
Great highlights...too bad we never run plays like this. Can you imagine how bored and frustrated he'd get with 1 target a game, maybe 2...both deep sideline routes? We aren't exactly a team that "spreads it around to everyone." Hell, we had Randy Freaking Moss and we only used him as a decoy!
Come on, that's not fair. Moss was very pedestrian in 2010 and took a year off in 2011!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
1. I stand by my comments last night i will never give a second for gordon. the front office must agree because if they did not, the deal would have been done
2. while ray can play and yes the two kids will be soon able to play, i think a need for a extra defensive lineman , someone other than high priced seymour, outweighs the want for a wide out..
3. I laugh at those who keep saying, the window is closing. hell you all said that after the first year under JH. if we draft well, make clever use of free agency, make sure we have a solid back to replace frank in another year or two when he retires, and sign our cornerstones in aldon and ck there is no reason to think we can not be a consistent team in the hunt every year. hell the pats have been for ten years or so,,, why do you find it so hard to think we can not be the nfc version of the pats for the next ten years. many set there and shrill the window is closing but offer no concrete proof of your claims
^^^ Moss looked fine...in fact, he was in better shape than any of our WR's and continued to command double-teams all year. My only point here is that we don't run a traditional WCO and spread the ball around and get everyone involved and into an early rhythm. There were many ways we could have used Randy IMHO but Roman chose to use him as a deeper, post decoy to open up things underneath for VD and Crabtree. Only when injuries occurred did we use him a little more and most of those routes were very basic (like we're seeing today) and easy to defend for DB's. Randy was a team player until his mouth finally caught up to him pre-SuperBowl. That wasn't my point though.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM ]
^^^ Moss looked fine...in fact, he was in better shape than any of our WR's and continued to command double-teams all year. My only point here is that we don't run a traditional WCO and spread the ball around and get everyone involved and into an early rhythm. There were many ways we could have used Randy IMHO but Roman chose to use him as a deeper, post decoy to open up things underneath for VD and Crabtree. Only when injuries occurred did we use him a little more and most of those routes were very basic (like we're seeing today) and easy to defend for DB's. Randy was a team player until his mouth finally caught up to him pre-SuperBowl. That wasn't my point though.

agreed moss made ALOT more plays than our current second kyle friggin williams
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

agreed moss made ALOT more plays than our current second kyle friggin williams
jon b deserves more playing time and ck just has to understand that if boldin and vernon are covered up,, its ok to throw to other people. kyle is a good return man and he can certainly run the reverse very nicely but after a handful of games you give Jon b more chances. you then work mario into the mix
Jon B won't get any better if he doesn't get real playing time.
Jim Corbett ‏@ByJimCorbett 1h Browns coach Rob Chudzinski on WR Josh Gordon trade rumors: "I will say, We're not shopping Josh. And we have no plans to trade Josh.''
Well there you go. Maybe we can now put this matter to rest.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Jim Corbett ‏@ByJimCorbett 1h Browns coach Rob Chudzinski on WR Josh Gordon trade rumors: "I will say, We're not shopping Josh. And we have no plans to trade Josh.''

it was put to rest yesterday. no one from the niners ever came out and discussed this.. this is just like the ed reed thing where someone on the internet said, reed should play in san fran. people than took it as gospel and ran with it. this was never never going to happen. now you get people all pissed off about something that did not happen, that was never going to happen in the first place

Originally posted by cciowa:

it was put to rest yesterday. no one from the niners ever came out and discussed this.. this is just like the ed reed thing where someone on the internet said, reed should play in san fran. people than took it as gospel and ran with it. this was never never going to happen. now you get people all pissed off about something that did not happen, that was never going to happen in the first place

Yeah but the reports were not simply that Gordon should play in SF, but rather that the Niners and Browns had talked about a trade, and that the Browns were asking for a second rounder. I also thought it was unlikely to happen, but it was an interesting topic of discussion for a brief period. But now the Browns are clearly saying they have no plans to trade Gordon.
Yeah but the reports were not simply that Gordon should play in SF, but rather that the Niners and Browns had talked about a trade, and that the Browns were asking for a second rounder. I also thought it was unlikely to happen, but it was an interesting topic of discussion for a brief period. But now the Browns are clearly saying they have no plans to trade Gordon.

Probably because they can't get what they wanted for him.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Perhaps. But the bottom line is that it doesn't appear that a trade is happening.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

ok. so maybe they "discussed" a trade but you all know the niners put a value on the player and that is it. they obviously did not value this guy as second round pick worthy(as they should not have) and that is that from our standpoint. we do not over value or over pay anyone, and we do not allow players to hold guns to our heads who want more money before they play with us
Originally posted by cciowa:

ok. so maybe they "discussed" a trade but you all know the niners put a value on the player and that is it. they obviously did not value this guy as second round pick worthy(as they should not have) and that is that from our standpoint. we do not over value or over pay anyone, and we do not allow players to hold guns to our heads who want more money before they play with us

That is true.
Share 49ersWebzone