LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Receivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Before I write something, I just want to make sure about something.

We don't blame the QB anymore, right? So when the the receivers are s**tty, the line is s**tty and play calling is s**tty we actually blame the Receivers, The line and The Coaching staff.... and not the QB.

Right?
oh.Interesting
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Takes like this were so predictable. Kaepernick wasn't very good today. But, who got open? And at least a few times when he threaded one in there, they didn't catch it. The offensive play calling just doesn't seem that sharp. The defense is just not that good these days. The secondary, with the exception of Eric Reid, doesn't look good. Even the pass rush isn't nearly as effective as I expected. And really, how many times should one expect to see the kickoff return team give the ball to the team inside the 15? Never? The Webzone for me is almost totally intolerable when the team isn't doing well. Even when the team is doing well, you get a bunch of dramatic nonsense. When the offense, defense and special teams are not performing, I almost can't bear to read some of the nonsense I see here. I think it's time to take a break.

Dude, it's been a rough week.

Why Hawkins got cut is beyond me. That dude needs to come back. It's clear that this offense can't rest on the shoulders of Boldin alone.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Before I write something, I just want to make sure about something.

We don't blame the QB anymore, right? So when the the receivers are s**tty, the line is s**tty and play calling is s**tty we actually blame the Receivers, The line and The Coaching staff.... and not the QB.

Right?

Takes like this were so predictable. Kaepernick wasn't very good today. But, who got open? And at least a few times when he threaded one in there, they didn't catch it. The offensive play calling just doesn't seem that sharp. The defense is just not that good these days. The secondary, with the exception of Eric Reid, doesn't look good. Even the pass rush isn't nearly as effective as I expected. And really, how many times should one expect to see the kickoff return team give the ball to the team inside the 15? Never? The Webzone for me is almost totally intolerable when the team isn't doing well. Even when the team is doing well, you get a bunch of dramatic nonsense. When the offense, defense and special teams are not performing, I almost can't bear to read some of the nonsense I see here. I think it's time to take a break.

GN... I'm just merely commenting on the fact that we used to place all the blame on the QB.

Even though our s**tty receivers can't get open --- "Throw him open"
Line couldn't protect - "You have to read and throw it faster"
Momentum killing play calling - "what the hell is he doing?, he should have changed the play"

I believe now we can discuss the game in a more rational sense and not place it on the QB anymore.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
We are not finding the check downs and holding the ball too long.

our guys are consistently not getting open. theyre right with our guys step for step

but we were sold that colin's great arm could put the ball in tight windows...i think we are seeing that that isnt true, when the receivers arent getting open
he cant force it into nothing. these guys get no separation at all
This was brutal to watch.

Lots of issues. Play calling, need of a big, fast WR, DLine rotation, and more.

We need to regroup fast.
trade for Josh Gordon! Browns said they're listening to offers
Originally posted by GoNiners:
trade for Josh Gordon! Browns said they're listening to offers

seriously. asap
we should get some...
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
They nee to just put Baldwin in...... I'm sure he'll do better then Wiliams......

yes!
Wait .Ahhhhh now its the recivers??? but When #11 had Swain,Hastings, Zeigler, it was the QB..kinda funny how that works.

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Wait .Ahhhhh now its the recivers??? but When #11 had Swain,Hastings, Zeigler, it was the QB..kinda funny how that works.

LOL!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
You can't blame all of this on WR's. The game planning is the major culprit here. In the past, the niners used the run to set-up the pass. In Seattle we couldn't run so that was obvious. Against the Colts we were running the ball well in the 1st qt then it disappeared. We didn't run it enough to go off play action. Roman rely's too much on Kaeps arm and we don't have WR's that can beat matchups and get open, at least not yet. Kaep beat you last year, but he won't do it so much this year. The coaching has to make that adjustment.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]

But he had Crabtree, VD and even Delanie.
Im starting to think that we really can't evaluate WRs, and I think we need to fire our wrs coach. First we wasted a 6th rd pick in 2011 on his choice to draft da kid from USC, I don't see any improvement from our WRs since last year. Ted Ginn is killing it with the Panthers, we picked up a bust and trade it for another bust. This is f**king ridiculous!
Originally posted by niners94:

But he had Crabtree, VD and even Delanie.

don't bother...there alot of folks looking forward to moments like these...to let out emotions they have been holding in.
Share 49ersWebzone