LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Receivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i really hope vernon plays thursday...we need him
My question was a pitch to Dixon, why Dixon of all players, he sucks as a back. And is the slowest back on the roster. We need to make a move for a WR, Moore, Williams, etc.. aren't getting the job done. Boldin cant do it all alone.

Bubble seat WRs are Kyle and Marlon Moore, both are horrendous. Make the damn catch, easy catches, and drops. Patton is a rook, he gets a pass, Boldin is the best out there. Crabs and Mario can't come back till week 7 at earliest. Mario likely week 7 or 8, Crabs not until late november. He wont be fully healthy. Better off trading for a WR(And I never say that).

Josh Gordon should be discussed tomorrow/tonight, get it done Baalke.
It also might be time to activate Baldwin, and see if he can help.

Locks to stay, Boldin, Baldwin and Patton, the 1st 2 are guaranteed salaries, team wont eat money. and the rook gets a pass, plus he isnt getting any chances/playing time.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Holmes and Britt are probably on the block but their character suck
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
My question was a pitch to Dixon, why Dixon of all players, he sucks as a back. And is the slowest back on the roster. We need to make a move for a WR, Moore, Williams, etc.. aren't getting the job done. Boldin cant do it all alone.

Bubble seat WRs are Kyle and Marlon Moore, both are horrendous. Make the damn catch, easy catches, and drops. Patton is a rook, he gets a pass, Boldin is the best out there. Crabs and Mario can't come back till week 7 at earliest. Mario likely week 7 or 8, Crabs not until late november. He wont be fully healthy. Better off trading for a WR(And I never say that).

Josh Gordon should be discussed tomorrow/tonight, get it done Baalke.

That was a horrible play call...and with aldon Smith's behavior bringing on another knucklehead in Gordon might be a issue...but it should be discussed
They nee to just put Baldwin in...... I'm sure he'll do better then Wiliams......
You known its bad when celek, McDonald, and miller were all spread out wide on the same play.
Before I write something, I just want to make sure about something.

We don't blame the QB anymore, right? So when the the receivers are s**tty, the line is s**tty and play calling is s**tty we actually blame the Receivers, The line and The Coaching staff.... and not the QB.

Right?
bHello there fellow fans.

I have thought about this alot. And yes, we are truly lacking a fleet of foot WR to pair with Boldin, and Crabtree...once he returns.
I think a true, fast and darting WR is what we need. So my idea, and granted this is just a idea that has NO merit to it. But, tonight the struggling
Pittsburgh Steelers host the Bears. And if the Steelers lose tonight to go to 0-3, then I think it might be safe to say that their season may be over.
However, before the season started, The New England Patriots signed a odder sheet to Restricted free agent WR, Emmanual Sanders.
The Steelers did decide to match it, and not take the 3nd round draft pick the Patriots would have to surrender. But, if the Steelers would do it,
what about the Niners sending a 3rd rounder for Sanders ? Sanders is coming into his own, and is a fast WR. So, is that a possibility fans ?
Is it a good idea ? I think his type of Speed in the Slot, where he could get off the Line freely, paired with Davis speed and Boldin's and Crabtree's
strength would be pretty Awsome. Anyways, thanks for listening to my Rant!!
Originally posted by bayarea100:
bHello there fellow fans.

I have thought about this alot. And yes, we are truly lacking a fleet of foot WR to pair with Boldin, and Crabtree...once he returns.
I think a true, fast and darting WR is what we need. So my idea, and granted this is just a idea that has NO merit to it. But, tonight the struggling
Pittsburgh Steelers host the Bears. And if the Steelers lose tonight to go to 0-3, then I think it might be safe to say that their season may be over.
However, before the season started, The New England Patriots signed a odder sheet to Restricted free agent WR, Emmanual Sanders.
The Steelers did decide to match it, and not take the 3nd round draft pick the Patriots would have to surrender. But, if the Steelers would do it,
what about the Niners sending a 3rd rounder for Sanders ? Sanders is coming into his own, and is a fast WR. So, is that a possibility fans ?
Is it a good idea ? I think his type of Speed in the Slot, where he could get off the Line freely, paired with Davis speed and Boldin's and Crabtree's
strength would be pretty Awsome. Anyways, thanks for listening to my Rant!!

The problem is that we kept the wrong WR's. Chad Hall was a quick, darting receiver that could get open. At least he could move the chains. And Lavelle Hawkins seemed to have much more big play ability than Williams or Moore. I think we should definitely try Baldwin and Harper at this point. They can't do any worse!!!

been saying this since NOLAN
Originally posted by LanceQ:
We're in trouble. Second game where the WR's are silent. Boldin seems to be all we have at the moment.

cause teams know if they shut down boldin, we have no answer lol, so im sure boldin is drawing double coverages now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
We are not finding the check downs and holding the ball too long.

our guys are consistently not getting open. theyre right with our guys step for step

but we were sold that colin's great arm could put the ball in tight windows...i think we are seeing that that isnt true, when the receivers arent getting open
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Before I write something, I just want to make sure about something.

We don't blame the QB anymore, right? So when the the receivers are s**tty, the line is s**tty and play calling is s**tty we actually blame the Receivers, The line and The Coaching staff.... and not the QB.

Right?

Takes like this were so predictable. Kaepernick wasn't very good today. But, who got open? And at least a few times when he threaded one in there, they didn't catch it. The offensive play calling just doesn't seem that sharp. The defense is just not that good these days. The secondary, with the exception of Eric Reid, doesn't look good. Even the pass rush isn't nearly as effective as I expected. And really, how many times should one expect to see the kickoff return team give the ball to the team inside the 15? Never? The Webzone for me is almost totally intolerable when the team isn't doing well. Even when the team is doing well, you get a bunch of dramatic nonsense. When the offense, defense and special teams are not performing, I almost can't bear to read some of the nonsense I see here. I think it's time to take a break.
Williams should NOT be playing he offers next to nothing also Marlon Moore we got NO weapons its sad
Share 49ersWebzone