LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

Week 2 Post Game Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by reno90210:
we lost because we lost to the physical battles upfront.we gave up the run and didn't run the ball effectively

This. This. This. This. This....
x 1,000,000.
I think it is pretty fundamental. Our offense cannot operate in silence. The twelfth man has been very effective. I think without any verbal communication, our offense is neutered. This was like the SuperBowl to the Seahawks, they were prepared and we are not prepared to run our offense with only verbal calls.

I for one don't find it a coincidence that our offense in the Kap era, plays horribly in Seattle with the twelfth man.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The refs were inconsistent and HORRIBLE; however, that's the last reason why the 49ers lost.

Man, why do the refs suck sooooo bad?

Refs make bad calls (non calls) all around, they're human, and people stop caring once their team wins. But yeah with a 29-3 score I'm glad you at least understand there are bigger things that led to the loss than a few bad calls/non calls. Either way I'm already excited for the December game, I know gameplans will change, both teams will be more complete, and the Hawks are aching to prove we're not just a home field team against the Niners.
The facemask on Brooks hurt too....They would have been third and goal from the 20 and now it's first down. But, the bottom line is that the Seahawks were better than the Niners last night...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Schitzo Offense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Aldon has been playing the game long enough to know better. His little swipe at the guy's helmet really pissed me off.

this times infinity, same with brooks. i guess i will give our kid tight end a pass cuz he does not know any better
Originally posted by OldJoe:
I think it is pretty fundamental. Our offense cannot operate in silence. The twelfth man has been very effective. I think without any verbal communication, our offense is neutered. This was like the SuperBowl to the Seahawks, they were prepared and we are not prepared to run our offense with only verbal calls.

I for one don't find it a coincidence that our offense in the Kap era, plays horribly in Seattle with the twelfth man.

Agree but there is no excuse for not getting better at it. They knew this last season that we cannot operate without communication. All the Seattle fans want to act like the Seahawks are just so much better than the 49ers and they may be but completely stripping only one offense of all communication is a real advantage. One offense can hear and speak and one can't. Seahawks were the better team last night in the confines of the clink but it doesn't automatically settle the debate about which team is better. Win at Candlestick and then I'll concede.
Critical penalties,critical turnovers, poor qb play, questionable play calling. Your not gonna win many games playing like that.
What I don't understand was why we abandoned the run game so fast. Last couple of years we consistently ran against 8 man boxes. tosses, sweeps, overloading a side, counter traps, there are ways to run against a stacked box. With a silent count both lines know when the ball is going to be snapped so obviously it is to the advantage of the defensive line when it is a pass play because they will burst past the oline man on there way to qb, but on running play not so much of an advantage.
Of course if kap would of had a good game I might be looking at it differently. But you got to figure they were gong to beastly on pass rush with the noise so I have to think some of the blame is on the game planning.
I means against nfl's best secondary and supposedly with the "best" oline, we give up on run game?
I am very very convinced they are Superbowl worthy material......We can't beat them at their place ever and it shows. They are a much better franchise than we have been in the past 10 years. It shows with their fans as well. Whatever I can't watch this franchise get defeated in the humiliating fashions in the past couple of years to teams like the Seahawks, Giants, and Ravens. Especially being surrounded by their a*****e fans that I have gotten into fights with. f**k this s**t.
Honestly, not disappointed by this loss at all. We played really well the 1st half, but committed too many mistakes to capitalize.

Seattle is a tough place and they have been gunning for us for 2 years. The niners make the seahawks tick, if they pull a repeat at the stick then i would be worried but not being able to hear is gonna cause mistakes, its all about limiting them. Once they got that interception in the endzone it was basically over.

Stay away from ESPN, and PFT because they will be riding seacawks for the next few weeks until they suck on the road as per usual. Fans who thought we would roll them in seattle werent objective enough about this team.

I think the nail in the coffin was there inability to adjust, When Seattle started to get on a roll the Niners fell apart it's almost like they accepted Seattle had there number and they self destructed, If the Niners had adjusted and made it a game and went toe to toe with Seattle and lost a close game I would be ok with it. Because at least they would show we got knocked down but showed we can hang with a good team in a hostile environment. But all we got was penalties mistakes turnovers no adjustment or scheme to stop or hang with them that was the real nail.
Originally posted by Baldie:
They own many teams at home, not just the niners.

True. I mentioned in another thread that the big takeaway for me is how crappy Russell Wilson is playing. He stunk it up last week (aside from one insanely lucky TD pass), and only completed eight (8) passes last night. I'd be worried if I were a Seattle fan.
I knew the game was over after our stud rookie safety got a concussion, can't see how anybody couldn't see that one.
This team cant keep its composure against Seattle, they are the cheap shot artists of the NFL and the more the game went on the more we played into their hands.

This team will rise up and answer the critics, we always do. The only nail in the coffin is if Seattle finds a way to get lucky in all their road games like they did in Carolina. Going through Seattle in the playoffs is a death sentence, but that was the hardest game on the schedule and its in the past. Time to move on and take out frustrations on Luck.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I knew the game was over after our stud rookie safety got a concussion, can't see how anybody couldn't see that one.

i was hopeful at halftime down 5-0 but the second half was a disaster. to many bad plays, turnovers and possible turning points to remember. will try to forget now. I will say it may not have a play or a turning point,, but the consistent theme all night long... not a damn thing on first and second down making us third and long all god damn night which just energized the fans and defense which needed no extra energy
Share 49ersWebzone