LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 339 users in the forums

Week 2 Post Game Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Holy s**t do they like to talk up in Seattle. See Pete's latest comments? Guy is like a giddy 12 year old.

Meanwhile our guys just give them credit and say they for outplayed.
the loss is bad, its who we lost to that hurts,, kind of like how the hawk fans feel when they lose to us and our coach

I understand the loss is bad. All loses suck.

But the way they act about it up there shows their true colour. They try to paint us as the bad guys when in actuality it is them.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
fire Mangini he has brought his curse
I was encouraged by the no huddle attack--at least in the first half.

Question: would a passing attack that includes more quick slant plays help neutralize Seattle's physical CB play a the LOS? Rather than having WRs fighting for five yards and then not getting open, why not run a quick slant and throw the ball right away--making the CB's physical play PI? Seems we could have used that a couple times to move the chains and make their CBs back off all the holding at the LOS as well.

The one WR screen play was effective also--should have done more of that. IMHO.

I really think we got outcoached. Our game play seemed to play to their strengths (i.e., the normal passing attack on their secondary) and exposed our weaknesses.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Holy s**t do they like to talk up in Seattle. See Pete's latest comments? Guy is like a giddy 12 year old.

Meanwhile our guys just give them credit and say they for outplayed.

I read it. Nothing we can do about that. We already knew what was coming. The problem was we didn't just lose, we got completely annihilated, AGAIN. We couldn't even get 1 single TD. It really was embarrassing.

Harbaugh was totally embarrassed in the postgame press con. He is probably thinking he will have to take it from Carroll in the forseeable future. Think about it, Seahawks is the ONLY team that can destroy us. True, many teams have lost to them at CLink, but with the exception of the Cards, we had the worst record in terms of points differential last year, even the NY Jets scored 7 !!
That is an extremely challenging venue. I don't stress too much on the final score as they let things get out of hand at the end. My biggest concern is that Kaepernick looked like he lacked composure and three some really ugly picks, including the killer at the end of the 1st quarter drive that could have really set the tone for the evening. Also concerning is that Boldin can be totally neutralized by strong one-on-one coverage. Fortunately there aren't too many Sherman's in the league. MacDonald and Reid look like really good draft picks. Defense played pretty well, I thought. Bottom line, team must now admit that last year's butt kicking in Seattle was no fluke and must come up with new strategy to generate some offense against Seattle defense.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Fire Mangini. He brought his curse!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pretty whack call when Wilson was obviously downing himself.

But drop in the bucket as far as things that went wrong, we played like s**t.
Like posted in the other thread...this video said EVERY LAST ONE OF MY THOUGHTS:

[ Edited by reasonable1 on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
23 penalties for over 200 yards in two games just won't get it done.
To me the young qb mistake was in the first quarter when it was third and goal. CK7 went for the TD, which is the right thing to do if you think the window to throw is big enough. If not you throw it out of the end zone, take the 3 points and get on the board. This was a HUGE mistake that hopefully CK7 grows from.

The Niners also gave up on the run too quickly. Seattle brings down 8 men to prevent the run, Gores runs against Seattle historically come when he gets to the second level, there is only 3 guys left to tackle him. I thought the team gave up on the run way too soon.

Highlight. Sherman bouncing off our number 2 TE.

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Storm delay killed us

I wish that was the reason. lol
I think tha 49ers are starting to believe tha hype N that teams should just roll over for us.. luvz my 49ers but we gotta get back to smash mouth run them over style on all sides of tha ball...
Well seattles season is over. They won their championship for the season. Keep things in perspective. We beat GB last week who spanked the redskins. Seattle barely won last week on the road to the panthers. Still alot of games left to play including another matchup at home.

Now time for us to get back to the chase of what it is we are truly after. Its the start of week 3. Time to move forward and get it fixed.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I think tha 49ers are starting to believe tha hype N that teams should just roll over for us.. luvz my 49ers but we gotta get back to smash mouth run them over style on all sides of tha ball...

Nothing about this loss says that they expect teams to role over for them. They didn't come out flat and uninspired, the way they did against Minnesota last season or against the Rams. The defense played well for most of the game until they wore down. The offense was in position to make plays and just failed to execute. This was poor execution. So many times we saw Kaep go to the wrong player or try to force things, or hesitated with taking off and running. I thought we were well prepared to at least make of a game of it this time around.
why did anthony dixon get that carry over kendall hunter?

hunter was barely used
Share 49ersWebzone