There are 173 users in the forums

Week 2 Post Game Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i didnt understand the whole holding penalty that happened during the play, not sending them back 15 yards. what the f**k was that about
I think the INT early 1st quarter at their goalline was huge. Would have done wonders for our confidence and put a little doubt into theirs.
Nah, I totally disagree. Kap's redzone play was f**king pathetic. Period. 3 in that situation would have been huge.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM ]
No W-W-L pattern this year lol.

I don't know why but when we play there the Seahawks get into their heads and cause us to play stupid. I don't think k I've ever seen so many unsportsmanlike penalties in a game. I really think Seattle plays nasty and knows when they can take their shots and bait the other team I to retaliating and drawing the flags.
[ Edited by kingairta on Sep 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM ]
This 49ers team has a LOt more Holes then I 1st realized wow.
Storm delay killed us
Early wake up call. Got to put it behind us and get ready for Indy.
I don't understand where the WestCoast offense has gone. We have smaller receivers in this matchup and should have exploited the quick passing routes more to open up the run game from I formations. We had success with quick routes. I don't get the coaches thinking there.

I don't understand running a read option offense in this matchup especially with a downhill defense with speedsters rushing the passer and a strong physical Dline??????? And definitely not at the beginning of the game. We need that offense when the D is tired, and slowed by our passing production backing them off.

One huge issue I had was that Seattles Defense had a HUGE edge on getting the better start at the snap of the ball. You can not put any blame on the coaches for that. It was just the home crowd advantage that made us use the hand signals for the snap and unfortunately they were able to get great timing of the snap. (Don't look for our pass protection to be anywhere near as this bad for the rest of the season.)

Overall, my main issue was the OFFENSIVE game planning and lack of adjustments made to counter their defensive attack, i.e. screens, sweeps, no Hunter, no Patton. WTF

--the issue is not Gore, and is not defense
My thoughts...

I'm going to have to endure an entire season of crap from this game... Let's face it, they were in our heads...

Now, I thought we'd probably lose that game anyway, and once the ball was deflected and picked off after the blocked punt, I think it was over from there. You can't blow good opportunities like that.

We have to start fresh vs. INDY and get on a role. I still think it's possible for us to be 4-1 after our first 5 games, but @ STL on a short week will be tough. Even at 3-2, we have a good chance at the playoffs, but the prospect of going to SEA in the playoffs is not appetizing. We MUST win at our place now... the pressure was on them for this game, now it's on us to win at Candlestick.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
My thoughts...

I'm going to have to endure an entire season of crap from this game... Let's face it, they were in our heads...

Now, I thought we'd probably lose that game anyway, and once the ball was deflected and picked off after the blocked punt, I think it was over from there. You can't blow good opportunities like that.

We have to start fresh vs. INDY and get on a role. I still think it's possible for us to be 4-1 after our first 5 games, but @ STL on a short week will be tough. Even at 3-2, we have a good chance at the playoffs, but the prospect of going to SEA in the playoffs is not appetizing. We MUST win at our place now... the pressure was on them for this game, now it's on us to win at Candlestick.

We both have our schedules to manage. Who knows, by the time we meet at Candlestick the Hawks could be a game behind or more. The have a tougher road schedule than we do.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Teams with a good front 7 and good secondaries are going to give us issues. GB set the blueprint on how to beat is. Stack the box with 8 and our recievers straight up. Problem with GB is they don't have a good secondary, in Seattle they do.
4 turnovers by your QB will lose every time. Seems Patton is open but he won't throw there
It seemed they were winning all the one-on-one battles on both sides of the ball.

We definitely need to game plan them much differently than we have.
Originally posted by swayze:
We laid an egg against a good team. It happens sometimes. I don't want our guys to act nonchalant about it (I want it to motivate the hell out of them) but there's no reason for us fans to lose all perspective. This is a 49ers team that is capable of being really, really good. We just have to go out and execute. We play against a good team next week, let's get prepared to whoop up on the Colts! Go 49ers!

This!

I hate to say it but I had a bad feeling going into this game. Playing in Seattle is a B!tch and they have been waiting for this game (against us and of course their home opener) since the end of last season.

Seattle plays us like they are going up against there bigger badder brother and swing with everything they have. The 49ers... not so much.

A bad loss does one of two things; it makes you weaker or makes you stronger. Lets hope the team takes this as motivation and gets their sh!t together.

We are not going to have a bunch of turnovers, injuries and stupid nit picky penalties every time we play them... but this week we had all of the above.
Really, I think we had good momentum coming out of the gate. There were no burned timeouts and considering the defense they were playing against, we didn't look all that bad. The most glaring problem is that we STILL have no answers for Lynch. He kills us every time.

Sherman played a good game against Boldin, but Kap did miss a few opportunities to hit him (and Patton). Against a secondary like that, you have to strike fast and hard to get those yards. Moronic penalties aside, I think our defense played well. No, Kap didn't exactly have a great game, but neither did Russell Wilson.

Bottom line is, they now own us at home at home until we prove otherwise.
Share 49ersWebzone