LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Is it time for a change at RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a change at RB?

Gore's stat line to start the season has sucked but look at our opponents. The packers were only worried about stopping the run and crapping the bed in seattle is nothing new. Give it some time. This coaching staff will make the right decision as to who to start at running back.
Would like to see a 50/50 split with Hunter. Bring Gore in for the 3rd and short plays.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Wow really. Get out of here. U only feed Gore 9 times and kap has his head in ass aand Roman is a joke calling the plays last two games and you wanna blame Gore. Blame kap and Roman today. Absolute joke out there. Didn't even try to run.

I understand your point, but how long can we wait for Gore to start clicking? 15? 25? 30 carries? In a hostel environment such as Seattle, how many 3rd and long situations will we find ourselves into waiting on Gore to pick it up?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once again, this has nothing to do with Gore or Hunter. The blocking is garbage and the scheming/playcalling is even worse. Teams know when the 49ers are running and they are jumping all over them. The 49ers shifted over to this pistol/read option offense which had a nice run in the playoffs but the coaches have fallen far too in love with it. They need to get back to what worked in 2011 and most of 2012.

I agree with you with one caveat. We watched frank run for years in mike nolan and singletary coached teams. Often against stacked boxs and run blitzs. He would almost always at some point show a glimmer that he was going to do something big if we gave him enough carries. It doesn't seem like that the last few weeks. I hope i'm wrong. Right now my worry meter is at concern. If he doesn't show against indy I will really start worrying.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

2 games not many holes for gore to run throw--when there are holes, and he is not making yards ill support a change
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm curious, what are those situations?

Situations where he is not contacted behind the line because everyone in the stadium including the hot dog vendors knows where Roman has designed the play to go. The last two games defenses have shown no hesitation whatsoever regarding where the running play is going. So obviously we are not fooling anyone. We have a tell and the whole league knows it except our coaching staff.

Not Franks fault. He got 16 yards on 9 carries. That's more than many other running backs would have gotten. I am not joking.

I can agree with this too. I see a pattern with the Ravens, Rams, and Seahawks that says they know something that is very telling about our scheme and that goes down to coaching. Against these teams we become a below average team.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
packers planned all offseason on stopping our run, Seahawks have the best D in the league. Not worried yet. Gore has been a slow starter the past few years and then will tear off a string of 100+ yard games.

He was a slow starter last year? He rushed 33 times for 201 yards and 2 TDs in the first 2 games last year.

forgot about the packers game last year. But i still feel like Gore is at his best around mid season. year before last he started off slow then rattled off five 100 yard games.
Fact: Gore has dropped every pass thrown his way in the last 3 years.

Or at least it feels that way. Hes become the most drop prone RB in the NFL. Hands of stone.

Im not ready to demote Gore altogether, but Kendall Hunter needs to get at least half the carries.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

This is the same s**t people said week 2 of the season in 2011 about Frank. Get back to me when you know football.

Great input to the conversation.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
How do you say over reaction in multiple languages to make sure the OP knows te origins of his comments ?

I hope the OL problem was because of the crowd noise. If that is not the case, we are screwed. The OL blocking was horrendous, it was difficult to pinpoint who looked the worst. The Seahawks just blitzed every gap giving Gore nowhere to run. Staley and Davis were getting destroyed in pass blocking. Bennet was in the backfield on every play it seemed. Horrific.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
I hope the OL problem was because of the crowd noise. If that is not the case, we are screwed. The OL blocking was horrendous, it was difficult to pinpoint who looked the worst. The Seahawks just blitzed every gap giving Gore nowhere to run. Staley and Davis were getting destroyed in pass blocking. Bennet was in the backfield on every play it seemed. Horrific.

Alex Smith circa 2005 blocking. The "run backwards towards the sideline and throw the ball away" offense. Besides all the 3-and-outs it was a solid gameplan.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

This is the same s**t people said week 2 of the season in 2011 about Frank. Get back to me when you know football.

Great input to the conversation.

Trust me your conversation isn't worth it.
time to abandon the pistol stuff and let gore do what hes great at. kaep is better as a scrambler than an option qb anyway so i dont get the insistence of using the option as our base offense. he can run when plays break down but it would be smart to run a more pro style offense or spread since he has a cannon.
No. We've had this discussion before and Frank has always proven us wrong. It's not the first time he's started the year slowly.
Share 49ersWebzone