There are 250 users in the forums

Is it time for a change at RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a change at RB?

Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.
No. We need to put him in situations that help him do what he does.

He hasn't had any the last two games.
Lol. What exactly has Hunter done?
None of our running backs have looked good. They all get stopped 4 yards behind the line by 10 defenders the moment they take the hand off. It happened against the Packers too.
  • Jiks
No it's time for a change in our run philosophy... Let's run some more power formations, and lets hand the ball off more. We have gotten away from that, and that's where Gore excels not 5 yards back in a pistol formation.

So maybe actually, if we want to continue to run pistol so often. Get LMJ or Hunter out there.
I have to say this is the first time I have been really worried about frank. He normally breaks some of those runs. I don't know what to think of our running game.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. We need to put him in situations that help him do what he does.

He hasn't had any the last two games.

I'm curious, what are those situations?
The problem is not Gore as much as it is the run blocking. They need to scale back the read option and go more with traditional run schemes that were run before Kaep started. Kaep is a good enough pocket passer that you don't need to do as much pistol as they've been doing.
Yeah, lets stop being too cute

Just block and let Gore run

He''ll be ok
Start Khunt against Indianapolis and somehow Gire breaks 200 yards rushing
What has any running back done for these two games? With the holes being given, sharing the carries equally will give each back the opportunity to average under 3 yards a carry. Hunter helps out in the sense that he may break a run or two, but the rest of the runs won't go for much anyway. I don't know what happened to this teams run blocking.

Need LMJ and Hunter bad. Gore is yesterdays news people. The Super Bowl was his last hurrah. Dudes outta gas. Not his fault, just the way things are.
I don't know if we can blame this all on scheme. It really looks like franks not accelerating through the hole. Watch the superbowl tape. He's hurt or something. There is something up there I think. If he struggles against the colts. this question will have more validity.
Boobie Dixon, and Jewel Hampton! ...okay, so how bad is Lattamores knee?
The o line has been the issue not Gore. Also Bruce Miller blocking has been trash.
Originally posted by lamontb:
The o line has been the issue not Gore. Also Bruce Miller blocking has been trash.

Bruce Miller is a waste of a roster spot, we need a fullback that is a threat to run, and receive, or we shouldn't bother carrying one on the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone