LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jerod-Edie, Dobbs....although realistically I don't see them bringing Dial back at all this season. I think Carradine will be back at some point and they'll replace Jerod-Edie with him.
Bump.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]
If TJE is still on the roster and hasn't been cut when we add another player (say after week 6) then he is first in line to go in place of Carradine or Dial (whoever is first back). Then I think if both are back then Dobbs would seem like he is the next to go. However, doubt both will be back and I think we will try to keep Dobbs because Carradine and Dial haven't practiced or played at all this season. I would think they want Dobbs experience. We will cross that bridge when we get to it but for starters if one is back TJE (if still on the roster) is the most likely. Like we figured Tukuafu or TJE would be the first to go and with TJE playing and Tukuafu inactive the writing was on the wall. I think Stupar could be the next to go if a WR comes back. Not sure we get rid of TJE until Dial/Carradine come back because that would leave us with 5 DL only. Since Ventrone was on the roster for week 1 he will now be guaranteed all 880k of his salary even if we cut him now so he seems like a lock as punt protector/5th S.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Tank Carradine will be a poor man's JJ Watt
Originally posted by Garcia:
Tank Carradine will be a poor man's JJ Watt

Just cause he black he gotta be poor?
I saw Tukuafu was waived/injured. Does that mean if he clears waivers he could be back on an injured list, or is he done with the 49ers for good?
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM ]
i dont think either will be back this year
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jerod-Edie, Dobbs....although realistically I don't see them bringing Dial back at all this season. I think Carradine will be back at some point and they'll replace Jerod-Edie with him.

Agreed, Dial was a project from the start and we dont need him this year. Adding him would just cut someone who is in better position to help us in the short term.

But I do think Carradine will be back, hate to say it but they may wait till the next injury to elevate him when its a possibility.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I saw Tukuafu was waived/injured. Does that mean if he clears waivers he could be back on an injured list, or is he done with the 49ers for good?

I was wondering that myself. I would think it means he can come back on IR or PUP but see no point in it. He is a free agent after this year, will be 30 and just isn't worth bothering with IMO. Unless it would be as a backup in case one of our DL got hurt?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]

I can't see how we would cut anyone for Dial. I think he's out for the year.
Carradine is a different story. If he comes back and looks good, i think one of Dobbs/Stupar/TJE are the likely cuts.

First of Crabtree/Manningham back would cut one of the 3 (Dobbs/Stupar/TJE)
2nd of Crabtree/Manningham would cut Kyle Williams, Baldwin, or the KSU WR/TE (forgot his name).
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I was wondering that myself. I would think it means he can come back on IR or PUP but see no point in it. He is a free agent after this year, will be 30 and just isn't worth bothering with IMO. Unless it would be as a backup in case one of our DL got hurt?

Makes sense. I didn't realize he's almost 30 already. 26 as a rookie.
Makes sense. I didn't realize he's almost 30 already. 26 as a rookie.

Yeah if we would re-sign him after he cleared waivers then I think we would put him on PUP. Then depending on how the DL is doing... TJE, Dobbs and if any DL would get hurt it would be like an insurance policy.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when/if Carradine comes back this year, will we ever see a defensive line consisting of Ray MacDonald, Justin Smith and Tank Carradine? Something like a 3-3-5 (I know sometimes Willis / Bowman take a breather in obvious passing downs and aren't necessarily both out there at once).
Originally posted by azninersfan:
I can't see how we would cut anyone for Dial. I think he's out for the year.
Carradine is a different story. If he comes back and looks good, i think one of Dobbs/Stupar/TJE are the likely cuts.

First of Crabtree/Manningham back would cut one of the 3 (Dobbs/Stupar/TJE)
2nd of Crabtree/Manningham would cut Kyle Williams, Baldwin, or the KSU WR/TE (forgot his name).

I think Baldwin gets a one year pass. Cutting Kyle Williams really depends on how the returner situation is looking. For now, I say he is safe because he can return and brings more to the table as a receiver than Ted Ginn did. If Kyle Williams is looking good as a PR, he stays and has more value than Marlon Moore for example. They also could go to another area altogether.

I really don't expect to see Dial at all this season. Just IR him. Even if he were ready to turn, I highly doubt he'd get any meaningful snaps. On top of that, did he even participate in any of training camp? I don't think Tank Carradine did either, but his talent may be enough to get him on the field. And it still depends on Fangio believing that either of these guys can give him more than the current backups.
Share 49ersWebzone