LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theduke85:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when/if Carradine comes back this year, will we ever see a defensive line consisting of Ray MacDonald, Justin Smith and Tank Carradine? Something like a 3-3-5 (I know sometimes Willis / Bowman take a breather in obvious passing downs and aren't necessarily both out there at once).

Wonder who would play DT in that formation...my guess is Justin
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I doubt we're going to see either Carradine or Dial this year. They both missed the entire offseason and we have depth at every position on the line in front of them. Well let me rephrase...If we DO see either of them play at all then we're in trouble cause we've lost half a dozen linemen to injury.
Originally posted by Disp:
I doubt we're going to see either Carradine or Dial this year. They both missed the entire offseason and we have depth at every position on the line in front of them. Well let me rephrase...If we DO see either of them play at all then we're in trouble cause we've lost half a dozen linemen to injury.

agree
when does Dial get back? We need him now since Williams is done for the season.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

dial and marshawn lynch in december

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I hope so, can't stand that f*cker
why are people sayin we wont see these 2 this year? carradines acl tear was in november...its september an the seaosn goes to january. if hes workin a worth rehab program he could be comin back this month or next. plus idk how the hell someone could say if they come back they wouldnt play wed absolutely need them to play you cant tell me your blind to what our pass rush is now. slow and old. aldon isnt touching an the rest of them arent getting the pressure they used to we need these 2 to come in an rotate with some of the starters or add in to get more pressure.
You guys should read Maiocco's newest article. Both Dial and Tank could play sooner than you think. I never thought they would miss the entire season. I love the depth we have built.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-injury-updates-dial-could-be-backup-nose-tackle-late-season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
You guys should read Maiocco's newest article. Both Dial and Tank could play sooner than you think. I never thought they would miss the entire season. I love the depth we have built.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-injury-updates-dial-could-be-backup-nose-tackle-late-season

that is nice but does not help us this week, we will probably sign a cheap free agent to back up dorsey
I'd bet that all four:

DT Quinton Dial
DT Tank Carradine
WR Mario Manningham
CB Eric Wright

will be playing by the bye week. With Manningham and Wright probably starting.

Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
I'd bet that all four:

DT Quinton Dial
DT Tank Carradine
WR Mario Manningham
CB Eric Wright

That's a pretty strong bet. I'll just play the game of wait and see.
The way the injury bug is flying around us this year we are going to need everyone!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

holy s**t
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd bet that all four:

DT Quinton Dial
DT Tank Carradine
WR Mario Manningham
CB Eric Wright

you guys do not see a need for some type of a d tackle to back up dorsey now?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd bet that all four:

DT Quinton Dial
DT Tank Carradine
WR Mario Manningham
CB Eric Wright

you guys do not see a need for some type of a d tackle to back up dorsey now?

I do. I was just referring to the poster saying that all four of those guys will be back with Manningham and Wright starting. That's pretty..strong.
Share 49ersWebzone