LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't wait to see Dial and Tank get on the field. However, it's unlikely because I would expect that Glenn Dorsey would be the first D-Lineman off the bench and would get the majority of snaps. However with Tank's talent, I can see him making a contribution this season being a member of the rotation. This contribution could be greater than what the remaining backups (Tufuaku for example) could bring.
When is Tank supposed to come back?
Originally posted by sacniner:
When is Tank supposed to come back?

I would say the earliest would be week 10 their 9th game just after the bye.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I would say the earliest would be week 10 their 9th game just after the bye.
After fangios quote last month I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play this season.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I wish they woulda waited on this Tank dude. I mean he coulda been there even later in the 2nd round. They even knew he had a knee problem and they still took him so high?? To me, if he doesn't contribute this season, then it will be very disappointing.

He could have been there. But there is no guarantee. And if the niners really liked him and saw him with a future as a great player I do not care about reaches. And this team was so stacked it makes sense to pick up these young guys who other teams avoid because they need help now.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
He could have been there. But there is no guarantee. And if the niners really liked him and saw him with a future as a great player I do not care about reaches. And this team was so stacked it makes sense to pick up these young guys who other teams avoid because they need help now.

Dude this guy was not a reach. He's so explosive and strong. He gets high in his stance sometimes but that can be corrected. This guy was a top 10 before the injury. He was running a 4.75 6 months later. If he doesnt play this year then owell he will be more than ready next year.

I think he plays this year unless there's something we don't know. This coaching staff.is not dumb. They're being patient. Hes a long term solution to an aging Smith. The only thing.that would discouragr me is if we started him before he was 100%.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Dude this guy was not a reach. He's so explosive and strong. He gets high in his stance sometimes but that can be corrected. This guy was a top 10 before the injury. He was running a 4.75 6 months later. If he doesnt play this year then owell he will be more than ready next year.

I think he plays this year unless there's something we don't know. This coaching staff.is not dumb. They're being patient. Hes a long term solution to an aging Smith. The only thing.that would discouragr me is if we started him before he was 100%.

i am not saying he was. i am saying i do not think there are reaches. if he is the man you want, get him. if you think he is going to turn into a yearly all-pro who cares about an extra 4th round pick you can get for trading down 20 spots, it is all null when you miss out on frank gore in the 3rd round because you thought he could be there in the 4th.
easy.

Dobbs stays over Tuk

Then Dobbs and TJE cut for Dial and Tank if they are ready

Stupar or Celek for MM, and possibly Kyle Williams, Marlon More, or Celek/Stupar for Crabs.
I read last week that the team made Tank start his rehab from scratch after the draft. They weren't overly happy that he had rushed his recovery so he could run at his pro day.

Dial I would expect back sooner but who knows they may have done the same with him too. What's the rush anyway? They gotta pay the guys on the roster.
I would love to see these guys healthy and contributing this season, especially Tank. But, can you imagine next years draft class if we consider Lattimore, Tank and Dial apart of that group since it will be their first year actually playing, almost like a red shirt year? Could be an amazing class considering the amount of picks we have.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Has to be Ventrone and Jerod-Eddie.

Jerod-Eddie >>> Tuk
The FO is very smart.

Make sure Tank heals properly and the investment will payoff for years to come.
Whoever is on IR will make room for them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Add the guys on PUP and that's even more cuts after week 6 right? Is that how it works?

I'm thinking Tony Jerod-Eddie will be the first to go when the first of them comes back. Maybe Dobbs is next to go; the Niners don't really need him to be a TE any more, and he's not much of a DE IMO.

Or maybe they cut a safety like Raymond Ventrone.

On offense, I hope they cut Kyle Willams when Crabtree comes back. Not sure who they would want to cut when Manningham comes back. I think it would suit 'em best to trade an OLB to make room for Manningham.

If x comes back, we will cut y.

The key word is if.
Originally posted by AUniner:
I read last week that the team made Tank start his rehab from scratch after the draft. They weren't overly happy that he had rushed his recovery so he could run at his pro day.

Dial I would expect back sooner but who knows they may have done the same with him too. What's the rush anyway? They gotta pay the guys on the roster.

where did you read that? and how do you start rehab over?
did they re tear his acl?
Share 49ersWebzone