There are 207 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll guess one D-lineman and one LB goes. Tukuafu/Jerod-Eddie and Stupar/Moody

Ding

Which of those goes?

Tukuafu and Stupar go first. Dobbs may go later after his suspension.
Now what?

And Quinton Dial is 6'6" 304 lbs. We could use size like that in defensive front 7 rotation. I seriously doubt it was in the plan to just sit these guys.

He was a 5th round pick....so we can only use his size if he's good enough to begin with. Not sure why you'd chalk up an automatic spot for a low pick.
Originally posted by random49er:
Now what?

And Quinton Dial is 6'6" 304 lbs. We could use size like that in defensive front 7 rotation. I seriously doubt it was in the plan to just sit these guys.

He was a 5th round pick....so we can only use his size if he's good enough to begin with. Not sure why you'd chalk up an automatic spot for a low pick.

He played for Alabama. The best program in the nation. He has tremendous size. I'm sure he can be in the rotation.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Has to be Ventrone and Jerod-Eddie.

Wasn't Ventrone cut in the first round of cuts?
Now what?

We are down to 53 now. So we need 2 roster spots open. They saw something in Tank Carradine to pick him where they did. And Quinton Dial is 6'6" 304 lbs. We could use size like that in defensive front 7 rotation. I seriously doubt it was in the plan to just sit these guys. So they rehab their injuries and eventually they are healthy and ready to go. We need 2 open roster spots. So who goes? Who gets cut?

The way Fangio spoke about Carradine it didn't sound like he saw much use in activating him late in the season - so maybe he stays on IR the whole year. I would suspect the same with Dial. The only way for DL talent to bump someone is to show they can play at this level in the trenches. With the season starting, there really aren't a lot of padded practices for these guys to show it - training camp was their chance.

This could be some supreme Front Office planning - they pick up injured talent that would have gone higher, put them in the classroom and a training program for a year so they can really compete next year. Kinda like they did with Ian Williams. That enables them to focus next draft on DBs. Great multi-year planning again.
[ Edited by HearstFan on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Now what?

We are down to 53 now. So we need 2 roster spots open. They saw something in Tank Carradine to pick him where they did. And Quinton Dial is 6'6" 304 lbs. We could use size like that in defensive front 7 rotation. I seriously doubt it was in the plan to just sit these guys. So they rehab their injuries and eventually they are healthy and ready to go. We need 2 open roster spots. So who goes? Who gets cut?

The way Fangio spoke about Carradine it didn't sound like he saw much use in activating him late in the season - so maybe he stays on IR the whole year. I would suspect the same with Dial. The only way for DL talent to bump someone is to show they can play at this level in the trenches. With the season starting, there really aren't a lot of padded practices for these guys to show it - training camp was their chance.

This could be some supreme Front Office planning - they pick up injured talent that would have gone higher, put them in the classroom and a training program for a year so they can really compete next year. Kinda like they did with Ian Williams. That enables them to focus next draft on DBs. Great multi-year planning again.

Good point, but I think tank has way too much talent to sit all year. I hope and I think we'll see him later on this year, gotta remember leading up to the draft he ran 40's and did agility drills and cut on his knee. I'm saying the staff is just holding him back as precaution
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Someone else will probably be on ir by then unfortunately
I wish they woulda waited on this Tank dude. I mean he coulda been there even later in the 2nd round. They even knew he had a knee problem and they still took him so high?? To me, if he doesn't contribute this season, then it will be very disappointing.
He played for Alabama. The best program in the nation. He has tremendous size. I'm sure he can be in the rotation.

If he was this much of a sure thing (having showed nothing this offseason) then he wouldn'tve lasted till round 5.
dobbs, tukuafu, jerod-eddie, stupar, --> crabtree, dial, carradine, manningham

Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll guess one D-lineman and one LB goes. Tukuafu/Jerod-Eddie and Stupar/Moody

Ding

Which of those goes?

Moody aint goin nowhere
I read somewhere that tank was battling swelling in his knee.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Injuries will play a big role. If everyone stays healthy there is a chance both guys go to IR rather than the 53. Tank is more likely to get activated but he will have to be 100% to justify replacing guys who have proven themselves throughout training camp. Even then he is still an unproven rookie. The NFL is filled with injuries every year so these guys are a form insurance.
Tuk for sure.

probably Eddie
Don't worry, we'll just trade whoever we want to get rid of for a 7th rounder when guys like Manningham, Dial, and Carradine are ready to be on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone