LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Kap & Aldon - Are you worried

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We haven't had a QB or pass rush since the Nolan years and now we are gonna give one up? SMH
The great GMs always find a way to keep the best players or replace them. We have a great GM.
Jeez do 49er fans worry about EVERYTHING???

Its a wonder we can't enjoy new success...everything is a damn worry. RELAX!!
  • thl408
I understand the OP's concern, but it comes with the territory of having "too many" good players. I mean, what are we gonna do? Hope they don't succeed too much? Just a consequence of being good. Coaches get poached, players demand high salaries. Just have to make the right decisions on who to keep and at what price. When it comes to Kap and Aldon, you do what it takes to keep them even if it means losing your #1 WR and/or #1 interior OL.
That's the price you pay for a championship
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
please league, start playing real and meaningful games. posters are thinking waaaaaay too hard.
Originally posted by thl408:
I understand the OP's concern, but it comes with the territory of having "too many" good players. I mean, what are we gonna do? Hope they don't succeed too much? Just a consequence of being good. Coaches get poached, players demand high salaries. Just have to make the right decisions on who to keep and at what price. When it comes to Kap and Aldon, you do what it takes to keep them even if it means losing your #1 WR and/or #1 interior OL.

That was a given once they both burst on the scene. You can't keep everyone but look at the current structure...they have more guys "on the way out" and under rookie deals than they have guys who are in line for huge paydays.

Kaep, Aldon, T Brown, Iupati and Crabtree are the only players who will require larger contracts after this season and next. Justin Smith took a reduced extension...Brooks' deal gets more cap friendly each year of his prime. Bowman and Willis both structured their deals to the advantage of the team in the long run.

We have a lot of flexibility and a s**t ton of picks next year to reload and fill necessary holes. I wouldn't worry about a thing.
lock this
Kaep and Aldon wont be a problem. We can use the franchise tag for one of them to wait another season for some more money to come off the books. We have 6mil in rollover. Not to mention Rodgers will have to restructure or get cut. That will save a couple of million. I have no doubt we get both of them signed. I'm most worried about Crabtree and Iupati. Unlike other poster I think we should try our hardest to keep both of them.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
So you want Kap and Aldon to have down years so they wont cost as much?? Wow.

Theyre going to cost alot, and thats fine because theyre elite players.

Worried about the now not the later
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't fret.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
lock this

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Worried about the now not the later

Originally posted by mayo49:
Don't fret.

All these...
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
We haven't had a QB or pass rush since the Nolan years and now we are gonna give one up? SMH

I dont remeber having a QB around the Nolan era?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I was leaning towards keeping Crabtree over Iupati, but now I think I would prefer to let Crabtree walk. Iupati has been very durable, and if our OL can give our WR more time to get open (and less double-coverage) then average WR can be effective for us. I think there is a slight chance that we don't sign Aldon if we believe Lemonier can be his replacement. That would be a tough decision to make, though.
Share 49ersWebzone