There are 190 users in the forums

Kap & Aldon - Are you worried

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As much as I want Kap and Aldon to have break out years, I'm also concerned that a break out year could cost us big time when its time to re-sign. What if we win the Super Bowl? The top 8 QBs make around 20 million a year. If Kap wins the Super Bowl I think a case could be made he should be paid more than any other QB. By the time we look to extend him, he would have two Super Bowl appearences (one win), amazing upside potential and only going into his 4th year. Not only that, but think of the money he brings to the Niners via his NexGen Marketability. He's already going to get paid, but if we win the Super Bowl or he has another lights out season, we are looking at 21 to 22 million a year. Book it.

Then you have Aldon. If Justin stays Justin and Aldon isn't injured. There is no reason why he cant break the sack record (assuming Watt or someone else doesn't move the goal post). I shutter to think what somone of his caliber is going to cost us, especially if he breaks the record in his 3rd year. If Clay Matthews got 5 year deal worth 65 million with 31 gaurenteed two years ago, how much more when Aldon signs? If he just keeps doing what he's doing he'll get at least 14 million, but what if he breaks the record?

Anyway, this is a great problem to have, but I can't help but to feel a bit of mixed emotions. Its like playing fantasy football and your starting QB is playing vs your starting D. You win and lose at the same time.

Oh the problems of being a fan of a top caliber team...

By my back of the envelop calculations, we are going to spend at least 35 million a year on those two players.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
no

/thread
Absolutely not, these two play arguably the two most important positions on a team and they will be compensated for it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, they'll bring them both back.
Maybe "worried" is the wrong word, but I do wonder how we are going to keep this thing together once they get their pay out.
kap & aldon stay crabs goes

just the nature of the bizz
Not only are they important to winning. those are probably the 2 hardest positions to replace. these are the 2 players we cant afford to loose!
Originally posted by outside4949:
Not only are they important to winning. those are probably the 2 hardest positions to replace. these are the 2 players we cant afford to loose!

this, Trust Baalke
Originally posted by Ballistic:
no

/thread

this
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I think the coaching staff should purposely throw games and cause us to lose just so we don't have to pay the players we brought in to win.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kap & aldon stay crabs goes

just the nature of the bizz

This
Yes, I'd rather win a Super Bowl and pay big $$$$ than making countless player appearances (without any Super Bowl Ws) and pay Kaep/Aldon less.
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
I think of the big contracts coming up iupatti is the easiest to replace. I wouldn't sale crabs down the road yet. for whatever reason this coaching staff has not been great at finding recievers. jenkins edwards moss. bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
are you a 9er fan ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
are you a 9er fan ?
Share 49ersWebzone