LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Winners and Losers from Preseason Game 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Winner: The dude who ran out on the field, juked the cop and slid just short of the goal line. Also the crowd for getting some nice waves. Also seemed like everyone was more info the game than they've been in a long time.

Losers: Stadium security. I swear you can't even fart without security wanting to bust you. The other guy who ran out on the field and didn't make it far.

Wasn't that second guy wearing a blue T? Like a Detroit one?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Winner: The dude who ran out on the field, juked the cop and slid just short of the goal line. Also the crowd for getting some nice waves. Also seemed like everyone was more info the game than they've been in a long time.

Losers: Stadium security. I swear you can't even fart without security wanting to bust you. The other guy who ran out on the field and didn't make it far.

Wasn't that second guy wearing a blue T? Like a Detroit one?

It was blue, kinda looked like a Buffalo Jersey.
McCoy can run and if need be, practice the WildKap.

All around solid performance . The only negative if any was that our receivers didn't get open EVERY time and our second team oline had penalties.

That's pretty much it and not that huge of a mistake not counting Hawkins.

Damn good job today.
Originally posted by robniner:
WINNERS

Colt McCoy- got better the longer he stayed in despite the INT

B.J.Daniels- speed and a hell of a drive

Quentin Patton-potential is endless; nice hands

Marlon Moore- prove he can be reliable in the rotation

Jewel Hampton- nice speed, scored TD

Jon Baldwin - looked good out there, nice hands.

LOSERS

LaVelle Hawkins-great plays, boneheaded aftermath penalties

Michael Thomas- catch the INT

Scott Tolzien- no PT not good sign

offensive linemen still filled with questions behind the first team.

Tolzein may be injured. Corey Lemonier didn't make much for plays but he is disruptive. That kid is gonna be a real player.
our entire first and second string defense can start on any team. they can say whatever they want about seattle but our guys look incredible. stacked at RB and our WR's and TE's played a great game as well. very promising young players like patton, baldwin, hawkins and moore. Kaep shook off the rust and put together a TD drive. not much to complain about except the nfl killing any form of fun for players with stupid penalties. the niners are foreal
CUT:
HAWKINS & LOONEY.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Not sure why Lamichael James isn't on more people's disappointing list, and a few actually said he had a good or great game. A couple of his bad runs were due to blocking, but he had a terrible game overall. His vision and patience just seem terrible and he spins way too much. He ended the day with 9 rushes for 15 yards for a 1.7 ypc average. I think he could be explosive in space, but he just doesn't seem to follow blocks and hit holes very well.
[ Edited by Disp on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
Not sure why Lamichael James isn't on more people's disappointing list, and a few actually said he had a good or great game. A couple of his bad runs were due to blocking, but he had a terrible game overall. His vision and patience just seem terrible and he spins way too much. He ended the day with 9 rushes for 15 yards for a 1.7 ypc average. I think he could be explosive in space, but he just doesn't seem to follow blocks and hit holes very well.

those spins actually gained him positive yards on that one play where he was a pin ball lol. i dont think the o-line helped him too much but he could be better thats for sure
Anyone concerned out starting o-line is dominating at run blocking but average at pass blocking? They always seem to give up pressure.
LMJ looked like Jewel Hampton did last week.

How is Lavelle Hawkins a Loser he Just Ran a 105 Yard Kick Return for a TD just cause of Taunting C'Mon
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone concerned out starting o-line is dominating at run blocking but average at pass blocking? They always seem to give up pressure.

Nothing new.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Looney can gtfo out for all I care...

his play has been mediocre to poor and that one hit to Williams knee was cheap. If it wasnt intentional then it was just plain stupid.

Lavelle hawkins doesn't bother me as much. After watching the replay I dont think he was taunting the vikings on the return.
Originally posted by mod:
Looney can gtfo out for all I care...

his play has been mediocre to poor and that one hit to Williams knee was cheap. If it wasnt intentional then it was just plain stupid.

Lavelle hawkins doesn't bother me as much. After watching the replay I dont think he was taunting the vikings on the return.

I know Looney was injured when we drafted him but he has had time while he was redshirting to get his a$$ in shape and he hasn't then his play is average and cheap. He is not up to standard right now as to how we want our OL playing. Where does he think he is? The Raiders?
Biggest loser of the game is Looney. There's no place on the Niners squad for that kind of stupidity. Who the hell you think you play for? Saints?
Share 49ersWebzone