LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 145 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
lol all of sudden all this love for Seneca Wallace. HA!larious.

This
Me thinks BJ might be on the practice squad and McCoy and Seneca on the roster. Goodbye to our savior, Lord Tolzien
Originally posted by redrathman:
I bet you s**t your pants when they waived Kory Sheets and Nate Davis too.

FYI, rushing stats currently in the CFL:

http://cfl.ca/statistics/league/stat/Rushing/year/2013/type/reg

Kory Sheets #1 leading the league.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Me thinks BJ might be on the practice squad and McCoy and Seneca on the roster. Goodbye to our savior, Lord Tolzien

i still think McCoy f**king sucks ass more than L-G-K.
Originally posted by TheRambler:

It worries me a bit that if Tolzein gets cut, Seattle will swoop and interrogate him to death.
Lockette is a special player according to Harbaugh
Ahhh was hoping Lockette could lock up that WR spot in a locket. But he couldn't lock it in.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Was Wallace with Seattle when Carroll was coach?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Lockette wasn't making the team. They are giving him a chance to catch on somewhere else by releasing him now.

As for Wallace signing, looks like it's goodbye to McCoy and Tolzein. Kap, Wallace and Daniels.

Not sure of that.

Who do you have as the final 3 QBs?

There's no way we go into the season with just a rookie qb and a dude who has only had 2 weeks to learn the playbook backing up Kaepernick. Daniels probably gets PS'd, and McCoy is the #2. McCoy may not look great, but he knows the playbook better than anyone other than Tolzien, who has looked like garbage.
SW will be a cancer in the locker room before you know it. If he is #3 on the depth chart, he will cry that he isnt #2. If he is #2, he will be crying that he isnt #1. He will not attempt to impart any veteran knowledge to anyone because he considers it a tool to get higher on the depth chart.

All of our back ups can start on the Raiders
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wow, surprising move. Lockette I didn't think would make the team anyway.

Practice squad, I bet.

You do know that he had already turned down an offer to stay with the 9ers previously right ? I am sure there will be offers again, only this time he might just leave since the 9ers doesn't seem to be willing to give him an opportunity here. He can't just stick with the practice squad forever.
Originally posted by Disp:
Lockette wasn't making the team. They are giving him a chance to catch on somewhere else by releasing him now.

As for Wallace signing, looks like it's goodbye to McCoy and Tolzein. Kap, Wallace and Daniels.

Not sure of that.

There's no way we go into the season with just a rookie qb and a dude who has only had 2 weeks to learn the playbook backing up Kaepernick. Daniels probably gets PS'd, and McCoy is the #2. McCoy may not look great, but he knows the playbook better than anyone other than Tolzien, who has looked like garbage.

So then why bring in Wallace? No need for him to be the 3rd QB - that's usually reserved for development prospects. Why bring in a veteran who's contract would be fully guaranteed after game 1 to be the 3rd qb?

If you don't think Wallace will make the roster, then that's a fair go at it. Just seems weird to bring him in, then cut him 2 weeks later, to keep McCoy who's look bad this preseason.

Also, Harbaugh had 2 rookies backing up Alex in 2011, and that was with a lockout. Granted - one of them was Kap, but still.
[ Edited by olapac on Aug 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Not sure of that.

I'm guessing Colt McCoy #2 and B.J. Daniels as #3/practice squad. Wallace will have to play amazing to make this team, which will be super hard this late into the preseason.
I vaguely remember this dude. He used to be with the Vikes right...?

NVM thinking of the wrong guy
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone