There are 241 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by English:
BJ

VD

crabs
Seac**ks will sign back Lockette for some info. Really though, he trained with Kap lived with him and doesn't even make it to 1st cut? Something wrong there.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I'm watching the Saints vs Raiders replay on NFL network right now, Wallace has just fumbled which the Raiders recovered for a TD and on the following drive his pass was tipped for an interception....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Buchy:
I'm watching the Saints vs Raiders replay on NFL network right now, Wallace has just fumbled which the Raiders recovered for a TD and on the following drive his pass was tipped for an interception....

it's 'cause Seneca Wallace sucks
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Note to self: Don't work out with Kaepernick this offseason.
As much as I like Lockette, I think he was given an ample opportunity to step up and be the guy and for some reason, it just didn't happen. He had everything going for him. He had a relationship and lots of work with Kaepernick. He worked hard. Harbaugh noticed him. Kaepernick throws to the guy who gets open. If Lockette had gotten open more often, Kaepernick would have thrown it his way more often. So, for whatever reason, it didn't work out. I'm disappointed because I imagined him to be a real jewel in the rough, but it's not the first time a player I thought was going to catch fire just fizzled out.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by jlb2782:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wow, surprising move. Lockette I didn't think would make the team anyway.

Practice squad, I bet.

You do know that he had already turned down an offer to stay with the 9ers previously right ? I am sure there will be offers again, only this time he might just leave since the 9ers doesn't seem to be willing to give him an opportunity here. He can't just stick with the practice squad forever.

You seem pretty bummed about this. What has Lockette done? I think a semi reliable backup, would be better than a 5th or 6th rec......

I thought at least he had special teams value which might have bought him more time to develop as a receiver.

Agreed, Lockette was the #1 gunner this pre season (followed by Morris, Osgood, etc.). Plus he has the size we need outside AND speed at the X (hence why we picked up Baldwin). They are essentially swaping Baldwin for Lockette and adding a very late veteran QB to compete.

Well, I don't doubt with Baldwin here it made the decision easier to cut Lockette. But, come on Wallace was McCoy's back-up and we are already saying McCoy is crap. LOL.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
This is a joke right ?! Cutting Lockette is one thing, but cutting him over Wallace ?! That is absolutely ridiculous !!

How can you conclude it's ridiculous? We don't know what Lockette looked like on the practice field and we still don't know what the 49ers are thinking in terms of the QB situation, despite all the guesses. My guess is that the 49ers were concerned enough about the backup QB situation that they were willing to waive a journeyman WR who hasn't produced anything in order to bring in more competition for the No. 2 QB spot.

OK, just one small observation. I don't doubt we are concerned with McCoy and Tolzien, but you do know that Wallace was McCoy's back-up right ?!

Yes of course I know that. I'm not under the impression that we just signed an elite QB. And I'm pretty sure there are no top-notch QB's just waiting out there for someone to sign them. I'm just saying we don't know exactly what the coaches are thinking, and they certainly know more about what they have in their players than we do.
McCoy's arm was not nearly as strong as I thought it was. Wallace has a much stronger arm. Maybe that has something to do with it. It might not be wise to have a guy backing up a QB with a cannon who can't make half the throws the starter makes.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Seac**ks will sign back Lockette for some info. Really though, he trained with Kap lived with him and doesn't even make it to 1st cut? Something wrong there.

Moving in with Kevin Durant and training with him still wouldnt make me an NBA player. Lockette is a great athlete, hes just simply not an NFL player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM ]

can we pick up players whom have played anywhere either than Seattle?
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Aug 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM ]
Wallace will push McCoy to get better cuz Tolzien damn sure wasn't. No one is stepping up at either WR or QB. Sad.
We should have waited to see if GB waives VY
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
You do know that he had already turned down an offer to stay with the 9ers previously right ? I am sure there will be offers again, only this time he might just leave since the 9ers doesn't seem to be willing to give him an opportunity here. He can't just stick with the practice squad forever.

They gave Lockette an opportunity, he just didn't do enough with it.

But, getting cut because of Wallace ?! That is just nuts. You do know that Wallace was McCoy's back-up right ?! LOL.

I wouldn't say it's because of Wallace. All it tells me is Lockette was going to get cut next week anyway, along with 20+ other players.
Originally posted by jonr422000:
We should have waited to see if GB waives VY

lol I will promote Joe Montana's son before getting VY
Share 49ersWebzone