There are 279 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-show-interest-wallace

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers have shown interest in quarterback Seneca Wallace and are expected to visit with the veteran free agent, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

The 49ers' backup quarterback situation is unsettled with Colt McCoy, Scott Tolzien and rookie B.J. Daniels seeing an equal number of snaps during practices this week, coach Jim Harbaugh said. McCoy is scheduled to enter Sunday's exhibition game against the Minnesota Vikings behind starter Colin Kaepernick, Harbaugh said.

Wallace, 33, was cut this week by the New Orleans Saints. He has appeared in 62 games with 21 starts over seven NFL seasons. He did not play in 2012 after being cut by the Cleveland Browns in training camp.
Good, get rid of McCoy he sucks
BJ
To me, that's bad news for both McCoy and Tolzein. I think Daniels would be #3 with Wallace #2. We'll see.
Originally posted by English:
BJ

VD
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Seneca Wallace is BJ Daniels. both are 5'11".
Can't see how he would be any improvement over McCoy. Maybe Baalke now has a fetish for midget QB's???
Seneca Wallace was the Seahawks QB when Gire had that 212 yard game
Originally posted by boast:
Seneca Wallace is BJ Daniels. both are 5'11".

Yeah except Daniels is built like a tank and Seneca Wallace is built like a Pop-Tart.
meh

• dj43
This just affirms how desperate teams are for a quality backup.
wallace is an upgrade over mccoy and tolzien. him and daniels behind kaep is fine with me. he started a few games for seattle if i remember and hes a pretty shifty guy with a decent arm
Originally posted by dj43:
This just affirms how desperate teams are for a quality backup.

I don't know that its desperation as much as exploring all viable options, especially in the case of an injury down the road. I don't see an issue with it, I still fully expect McCoy to be the backup to start the season.
Might be an upgrade to McCoy an Tolzien.. But I heard Wallace was struggling pretty bad with the Saints so what does Wallace have left in the tank.. Hmm idk, he might be a good veteran teacher to have for Kaep which is a plus!
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Might be an upgrade to McCoy an Tolzien.. But I heard Wallace was struggling pretty bad with the Saints so what does Wallace have left in the tank.. Hmm idk, he might be a good veteran teacher to have for Kaep which is a plus!

Meh. I don't see him as being any better than McCoy. He also would come in, not knowing the system whatsoever, so once again, I see this as a down-the-road interest in case of an injury, or in case they think they can sneak Daniels to the PS and make Wallace the #3 QB.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone