LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This not making sense to me. Does he have any relevant info still on the Seahawks?? Could this be our motivation?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Might be a motivational ploy for both McCoy and Tolzien.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by OldJoe:
This not making sense to me. Does he have any relevant info still on the Seahawks?? Could this be our motivation?

If the 49ers go with Seneca Wallace and BJ Daniels, the new offense will be in place in case of injury.

CK7
Seneca Wallace
BJ Daniels

McCoy and Tolzien have been given ample opportunity to shine in the NFL (McCoy) and pre season (Tolzien). I think the coaches realize they need to go in a different direction. If they sign Wallace and cut McCoy and Tolzien by August 31st actions will speak louder than words.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wallace is horrible. I say pass.
meh
Originally posted by 9erred:
If the 49ers go with Seneca Wallace and BJ Daniels, the new offense will be in place in case of injury.

CK7
Seneca Wallace
BJ Daniels

McCoy and Tolzien have been given ample opportunity to shine in the NFL (McCoy) and pre season (Tolzien). I think the coaches realize they need to go in a different direction. If they sign Wallace and cut McCoy and Tolzien by August 31st actions will speak louder than words.

Yep and let's say for the sake of argument, Kaepernick gets dinged up in the 1st game, now your backup QB is a guy who doesn't even know the offense.....good luck with that. They're kicking the tires with Wallace and that is all unless they plan on sending Daniels to the practice squad, if he even makes it there.
Originally posted by olapac:
To me, that's bad news for both McCoy and Tolzein. I think Daniels would be #3 with Wallace #2. We'll see.

i hope they dont carry 3 qbs...i dont see keeping a tolzien on the roster is worth losing a young player like a cam johnson for example...
harbaugh has shown no fear in having his backup bee a rookie, see kaepernicks first year..so daniels could earn the spot

Senaca Wallace is Better than Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien shoot the Niners should sign him
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
wallace is an upgrade over mccoy and tolzien. him and daniels behind kaep is fine with me. he started a few games for seattle if i remember and hes a pretty shifty guy with a decent arm
Totally agree.
Still think we draft a new QB relatively high this year to take over the #2 spot.

Originally posted by buck:
Might be a motivational ploy for both McCoy and Tolzien.

This! And please, no TKO either!
Interesting....

With our struggles at backup QB, I guess it makes sense to look at another veteran. Wallace has been a really solid backup his whole career, and is very familiar with the WCO. As much as McCoy and Tolzien have frustrated me, they have youth and development on their side. It would be tough to cut one of them for a 33 year old QB who was out of the league last year.
Wallace ? Seriously ?
Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
Wallace ? Seriously ?

Probably not. Even if we bring him in, he probably doesn't make the roster. Doesn't hurt to kick the tires I guess.
Please no.
Share 49ersWebzone