LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

The Chuck Jacobs Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
You guys know he's gonna get cut, right?

he'll end up on the PS

At this point, we could probably cut Jenkins and put him on the ps
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Chuck Jacobs ran a 4.46 40 YD

He reminds me of a poor man's Torrey Smith, who ran a 4.43
Boldin, Baldwin, Williams, Collie, Jacobs

Let everyone else go except a special teams guy...Osgood I guess...

crabbs, and manningham are on IR
I love jacobs, I think the dude can make plays...#Keephim....(was supposed to go at the end of / post
At this point I'd prefer Collie or Jacobs to Hall. Hopefully Jacobs doesn't get signed to a 53 man roster if he goes to the PS because I could see him making the team next year. Then again anyone on the PS can turn down a spot on a 53 man roster to stay on our PS. Although, Lockette turned down a few teams and look where that got him. Guess he still could find a home though.
Chad hall has been really good this season idk y all of u want to cut him but know doubt jacobs has potential Isay boldin baldwin wiliams hall patton jacobs on ps
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
Chad hall has been really good this season idk y all of u want to cut him but know doubt jacobs has potential Isay boldin baldwin wiliams hall patton jacobs on ps
Chad Hall at 27:
3 years 14 catches 135 yards 2 tds

Austin Collie at 27:
3 Seasons 173 Catches, 1845 yards and 16 tds (Excluding last year only played 1 game)

Not saying we will get old Collie with Manning but still seems like he would be capable of more production than Hall. As for Jacobs I think he has more potential than Hall and is only 23.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Chuck Jacobs ran a 4.46 40 YD

He reminds me of a poor man's Torrey Smith, who ran a 4.43

I like Chuck Jacobs, but to compare him with Torrey Smith is a bit of a stretch. Torrey Smith, simply put is a beast. He is without doubt one of the top deep ball receivers out there. I am still trying to get a feel for the kid, I have a feeling he is probably more of a slot guy.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

I like the list except I think you might have missed out 1 guy. Marlon Moore.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

I like the list except I think you might have missed out 1 guy. Marlon Moore.

Opps, not quite, you have missed out Patton as well.

@MaioccoCSN: Deadline for 49ers to fill open roster spot for game is today at 1PM (PT). TE Derek Carrier is favorite, but WR Chuck Jacobs is option, too.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Jacobs can do. Can't be worse than our other WRs.
Lets go Jacobs. . We need a wr with manningham Q
Can't do any worse than hat we have.

Bit it doesn't matter who's on the field if they don't even get a look let alone a pass.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
@MaioccoCSN: Deadline for 49ers to fill open roster spot for game is today at 1PM (PT). TE Derek Carrier is favorite, but WR Chuck Jacobs is option, too.

Won't matter anyway if Kaep never even targets him. We are a two read passing offense at this point (Davis, Bolden), any other receiver could be open all day long, just as Williams claimed he was, but by the time Kaep goes through his two progressions, he's either sacked, or running for his life. I just don't get why they can't fix this, it's not the receivers, or Kaep, its Roman not putting his players in the best position, and his inability to adjust to defenses when his game plan isn't working. Maybe Crabtree makes a difference when he's back, but I have no faith in Roman, so I doubt it.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

Won't matter anyway if Kaep never even targets him. We are a two read passing offense at this point (Davis, Bolden), any other receiver could be open all day long, just as Williams claimed he was, but by the time Kaep goes through his two progressions, he's either sacked, or running for his life. I just don't get why they can't fix this, it's not the receivers, or Kaep, its Roman not putting his players in the best position, and his inability to adjust to defenses when his game plan isn't working. Maybe Crabtree makes a difference when he's back, but I have no faith in Roman, so I doubt it.

This. What makes me even more frustrated about our offensive woes is that there's so much talent on this team that will probably never get their shot here because Roman can't or flat out will not utilize the talent he has, for whatever reason - stubbornness, incompetence, lack of creativity, most like a combination of the three.

The passing offense could use a huge boost and yet, he has McDonald blocking 90% of the time and a healthy LMJ was sitting on the bench first half of the season when we could have been throwing screen passes his way. s**t makes no sense. Roman should've been gone after he made perhaps one of the biggest play calling blunders in the history of the Super Bowl which, in part, cost us another championship.

I want to see what Chuck has and give him a shot, but I know it will be no use. Kap won't look at him and Roman will not put him in a good position to succeed. I have no faith in Roman whatsoever, the longer he stays he'll just drive the team into the ground and I doubt Crabtree will help much this year coming off an injury like that.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone