LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

The Chuck Jacobs Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This kid has shown some good productive skills this preseason. Do you guys believe he at least deserves a shot to make the team? Or should we really cut him even though he has played above expectations (none) so far?
Practice squad.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he's got a lot going for him except that he's a shrimp.
starting cb's will forever have an easy time against him.
Speedy little dude. One day perhaps....but he is not ready yet.

not enough room for him
Said after last week's game he will likely head to the PS and have a solid shot at making our roster next year unless someone else signs him to a 53 man roster. I like the way he looks out there. Seems quick and fluid. If Moore is a lock would like to see Collie, Jacobs, Lockette getting some time with Kaepernick and the 1st string offense next Sunday night. Want to see what they can do against 1's.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I love this kid and he has been doing very well, 2 catches in last game and 2 catches again in last night's game. But, there just aren't enough spots. If he gets cut, I really hope he can clear waivers and stay with us in the practice squad.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
outplaying jenkins. lol
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
outplaying jenkins. lol

who isn't lol
I've seen enough, that man can play. He will be picked up off waviers or signed off the PS at some point during the season. It will be Palmer & Owusu all over again.

cj > aj
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
outplaying jenkins. lol

Exactly my point. If the NFL was an equal opportunity league, then Jacobs would be making the team, and Jenkins would be on the roster bubble. Unfortunately for Jacobs, some people are extra privileged, whether they deserve it or not...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Practice squad.

this
we need a receiver with dreads
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GMniner805:
I've seen enough, that man can play. He will be picked up off waviers or signed off the PS at some point during the season. It will be Palmer & Owusu all over again.

Same here, it will be a waste of a talent thanks to Jenkins. Honestly, Baalke really needs to seriously think about this.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Practice squad.

this
we need a receiver with dreads

We can try and hope and pray he won't get claimed.
Share 49ersWebzone