LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

"He gets cut" Chad Hall

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I can't believe a 5'8" WR is going to be our go to guy. Can't we find a better group of WR's?.....
yes, because height is everything
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Only 5'8" and already 27 years old. Nice guy for the practice squad, but I'll be shocked if he turns out to be anything more.

Short is good. Old is good.

Getting open--even better.
Catching the ball--excellent.

Any good wide receiver news is good. I'll take it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If Jenkins was getting getting this kind of praise, the WZ would be going nuts... but he's an UDFA, so we're like

There are three threads on Jenkins. Don't ruin this thread.
  • thl408
Didn't this guy drop a pass in the ATL playoff game on a 3rd down, thus killing the drive? Nice to see him take advantage of his opportunity this TC.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
I can't believe a 5'8" WR is going to be our go to guy. Can't we find a better group of WR's?.....

not everything, but at some point, it would be nice to have a 6'3"+ guy with great hands and speed, even if we have to trade up in the draft to get him.
At least some one's catching the ball.
Originally posted by buck:
If Jenkins was getting getting this kind of praise, the WZ would be going nuts... but he's an UDFA, so we're like

There are three threads on Jenkins. Don't ruin this thread.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Didn't this guy drop a pass in the ATL playoff game on a 3rd down, thus killing the drive? Nice to see him take advantage of his opportunity this TC.

that's the guy.
Originally posted by xcfan:

that's the guy.

FWIW, if you watch that pass carefully, the defender does jump the route and get's his hand on the ball, slightly deflecting it.
Originally posted by Ballistic:

not everything, but at some point, it would be nice to have a 6'3"+ guy with great hands and speed, even if we have to trade up in the draft to get him.

Didnt have to trade up buddy, could have had Jefferies or Randle, both 6'2 + with great hands and speed....

2 other 2nd year WR's we passed on because we're so much smarter than everyone else......

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/07/giants_receiver_rueben_randle_emerging_as_offensive_weapon_in_training_camp.html
"Second-year wide receiver Rueben Randle has posterized nearly the entire Giants starting secondary over the past two days. He's not just making a statement early in training camp, he's screaming from the mountaintop."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4684298/jeffery-shines-for-third-straight-day
Second-year wide receiver Alshon Jeffery continued his strong start to camp by catching a pair of long touchdown passes from quarterback Jay Cutler to the delight of the estimated crowd of 9,000 fans. Jeffery's first touchdown reception came during a one-on-one drill when the former second-round pick managed to beat Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Tillman. The second deep completion came in 11-on-11 when Jeffery burned a couple defenders to haul in the pass in the back corner of the end zone. "Alshon has showed the ability to run all the different routes we have given him," Bears head coach Marc Trestman said. "He's a very quiet person. He's a very smart young man with a high football intelligence. He's a guy that learns very quickly. It's been three very good days for him and we just hope he'll continue to progress and stay consistent in his effort and his productivity each day in practice."

• xcfan
  • Veteran
just wait for the games. DBs will be at game speed, then the truth will come out.
but, there is no denying hall's short-area quickness; hopefully, it translates in games.

yea that was him, he started because they didn't want to play aj jenkins after he droped that pass vs the packers, IMO stage is too big for both of them.
IM ON THE CHAD HALL BANDWAGON!!!!!

Chad started one game for the Eagles, last game of the 2010 season when the Eagles didn't start anyone because they were in the playoffs. The Cowboys did start everyone though trying to win the game...

Chad that day

6 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD, 2 yard rush.

Jump on the bandwagon!!!! We're going to the Super Bowl!!!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
FWIW, if you watch that pass carefully, the defender does jump the route and get's his hand on the ball, slightly deflecting it.

if hall had more situational awareness on that play, he could've protected the ball a little better and made the catch. but, he was a newbie
Originally posted by daragon:
This guy is starting to make a real name for himself within the organization. Maybe its time he starts to be considered for a real role on our team. Our quarterback seems to really like him. I did a search and didn't see any discussion forums on this guy, so I thought I'd start one. What do you all think of Chad "he gets open" Hall?

After a couple of practices?
Share 49ersWebzone