LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i dn't see anything about him holding out....this is from can inman's article

Brown forfeited a $2 million escalator by not participating in the 49ers' nine-week program. He instead chose to train in Dallas with his longtime trainer, former Olympic sprinter Jon Drummond.

Brown, who's started the past two seasons at right cornerback, did report to the 49ers' mandatory minicamp last month, when his salary was still expected to be $2.925 million.

"That contract situation, I try to stay away from that," Brown told this newspaper last month before that minicamp. "The biggest thing is the team. By making plays and going out and working hard, everything else will take care of itself."
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ahh Sht

good bye season 2013

Thanks TBrown

yep... it's definitely all over now. Time to grab the pitchforks and go after Tarell with the full fury of the WZ !!!
Guess we will know today if he's missing from camp
Where has it been reported Brown is holding out? Nowhere. He simply chose to work out in Texas.

Classic WZ overreaction.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Where has it been reported Brown is holding out? Nowhere. He simply chose to work out in Texas.

Classic WZ overreaction.

hahaha this is unreal, he's at training camp and people think he's holding out

amazing

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ahh Sht

good bye season 2013

Thanks TBrown

yep... it's definitely all over now. Time to grab the pitchforks and go after Tarell with the full fury of the WZ !!!

You lead. I will get the oil on the boil.
IMHO We need this Guy Terrell Brown. He's by far the best CB we got. Why not re-sign him and make Rogers Take a paycut?
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Classic WZ overreaction.

hahaha this is unreal, he's at training camp and people think he's holding out

amazing

It is a little strange that he let a $2 million fly out the window
Oh a holdout will help, sure...
Maybe he is expecting nice signing bonus on an extension, and is resting his veteran legs during camp.

He'd be even more stupid to hold out...he's in the last year of his contract in SF. What he needs to do is play the best football of his career if he has any aspirations of a good FA contract, be it in SF or elsewhere.
Kolohe, good point, in that day isn't over yet, and Cam might have it wrong. I never thot of that. If true however, you just don't flush $2mil down the drain by not showing up. Hopefully , as you say there is an answer of personal reasons...health, family, whatever...I hope.

As an addendum, I wrote elsewhere that I don't believe all the STRONG CORNERS(DBs) are in camp yet, ie, some guys we never thot would be here suddenly arrive. Or, they may be total dark horses.
Either his agent is a dumbass or he is.

I don't think he is gonig to hold out. I just think his agent made a big boo boo. Malpractice anyone?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

yea he is
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
IMHO We need this Guy Terrell Brown. He's by far the best CB we got. Why not re-sign him and make Rogers Take a paycut?

he made big plays when the lights were brightest, intercepting aaron rodgers in the playoffs, forcing a fumble on ray rice in the superbowl, i almost never see him get picked on either, its always rodgers and culliver taking a beating.
Share 49ersWebzone