LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dumbass. didnt he have character issues too coming into the NFL?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
doesn't the new CBA severely punish players for holding out with high daily fines?
Brown is stupid if he holds out. With all the competition at CB this season he needs to seperate himself from the rest. Even though he was probably the nines best cb last season you have Nnamdi who is gonna ball out to prove he is still a very good cb, Culliver who wants to jump into a starting role and we may not be done bringing more free agent cb in. You hold out when you are an elite player and Brown is far from that. If his agent says holdout and he listens to him, he will regret it.
Really doesn't make sense.

Lose 2M and then hold out? Why?

As usual, there's probably things being discusses and worked out behind the scenes.

Just in case, who's the best FA corner available? Just asking.
Brown came a long way from when first drafted by the team. Previous coaches always pointed out Brown's talent as one to watch and develop. He played much better since Fangio took over on defense. I don't think that's coincidence.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Brown explained to Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group that he was going to leave it up to his agent on whether or not to hold out of training camp to get a new contract

if he was going to hold out, wouldnt he not have reported to training camp? LOL
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

he might not be 10 times better,, but he definetly is better than nnamdi

Definitely?!?

Maybe NA has dropped off his game some, but Brown can only dream of ascending to the heights once occupied by Nmandi. If Asomaugh can regain half of his original form, he'll easily shade Brown. Brown is pedestrian, at best. Made to look better by the Niners lack of skilled player at that position.

Was Brown nominated to the Pro Bowl last year? Honestly, I don't remember. But players on successful teams often make it, even if they don't deserve to (see Whitner). Irrespective, let's not make Brown out to be better than he is.

Myself. I'm pulling for Nmandi. If Brown holds out, it'll make it that much easier for Asomaugh. Do it Brown. Hold out.
Non story. Just offseason talk, he isn't gonna hold out and lose his job.
I wish I was rich enough to not care about 2 million dollars
Nnamdi is gone after this year and brown isn't holding out. With Rogers on the bubble part of his vacant salary could be used for brown if rogers is cut. Brown is a solid corner.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

I'd say if you wanted to compare Brown and Asomugha the last two years, Brown was/is definitely better. But I agree, if he doesn't show up and holds out for a good amount of time, he will lose his job to either Rogers or Asomugha or even Culliver.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Why rob yourself of $2m though?!? He cites his conditioning at the end of last season but that really doesn't make sense at all, he'd have been much better showing to camp and asking to do something different at training to address the issue.
ahh Sht

good bye season 2013

Thanks TBrown
Oh, my gosh. STOOPID! What the H was brown thinking? Ok, he obviously didn't think this thru or as noted above, he wouldn't have just flushed $2mil down the drain.
Sounds like he has some really , really bad advice from his agent. As for holding out, just out of the blue, this comes as a complete shock. Maybe those busloads of DBs(Strong corners) is going to work out after all. This just shocks me because I thot Reid had his slot locked down, and same for Nnamdi. Then whitner, brown and rogers had the inside track on the remaining two slots. Not now, folks. If after discussions he doesn't return to TC, I could see jH/trent saying bye-bye. I hope there is a mistake in the reporting of this tho. Flushing $2mil down the drain just for not showing up? STOOPID! Wow.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Maybe its a non-issue and had a family emergency...or maybe he found out he's being traded, I'm just throwing stuff out there. After all Baalke did say that there's still a chance Eric Wright could become a 9er.
Share 49ersWebzone