LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre2h
New on Shutdown Corner: 49ers CB Tarell Brown voids $2M base salary escalator after skipping workout program http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-cb-tarell-brown-voids-2-million-salary-120021051.html ;…

This is just plain stupid on Browns part if you ask me. If he's planning on holding out, wait until after you guarantee yourself another $2M. This is especially dumb considering that TB hasn't made that much money in his career (compared to NFL players of course).

"For me, I wanted to do a different type of training to get my body ready," Brown said. "Last year, I feel my body broke down a bit at the end of the season."

Brown explained to Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group that he was going to leave it up to his agent on whether or not to hold out of training camp to get a new contract and gave his reason for skipping the voluntary OTAs.
Yea he straight up flushed 2 million down the drain just to train in TX. Makes no sense. Why even get that language in your contract just to let it go. Helps the niners cap though. And it's never a good thing to say I'll leave it up to my agent to decide on holding out or not. Your agent should suggest what you should do but you the player need to make that decision.
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT
doubt he gets re-signed because of the big contracts due, i can see us drafting corners in the future and see brown and rogers getting the boot to re-sign crabs and kaep. Regardless he is going to get paid in FA, so i don't know what his prob is.
Originally posted by valrod33:

no way lol, he 10 times better.
We don't need this type of sh!t on this team. You either play or you don't. We either pay or we don't. Between he and Baalke this should have been discussed earlier this off season. Either we extending him or he plays well then skips town in free agency. Neither side gains holding out. Ask Crabtree
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

He wants to holdout for more money by skipping workouts that were going to pay him 2mil? Makes perfect sense!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

he might not be 10 times better,, but he definetly is better than nnamdi
He seems like he just wanted to try something different to me. Seems like no news but just a slow offseason topic.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
The concept of holding out is stupid. Unless you are some elite dude, 99.9% of the time you lose. For one, you will be fined to shreds and two you lose so much face and wonder why you did it in the first place. Didn't he see what happened to Dashon ?
Originally posted by Rascal:
The concept of holding out is stupid. Unless you are some elite dude, 99.9% of the time you lose. For one, you will be fined to shreds and two you lose so much face and wonder why you did it in the first place. Didn't he see what happened to Dashon ?

Dashon didnt hold out
Why are we talking about a holdout? He just didnt show up to VOLUNTARY workouts and sacrificed 2 mil. He reported for the mandatory mini camp and training camp and passed his physical. Lets not make a story out of a non story.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Why are we talking about a holdout? He just didnt show up to VOLUNTARY workouts and sacrificed 2 mil. He reported for the mandatory mini camp and training camp and passed his physical. Lets not make a story out of a non story.

Brown explained to Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group that he was going to leave it up to his agent on whether or not to hold out of training camp to get a new contract
This can't be good. Either he is an idiot and an idiot is on the team, or he is planning on holding out this season.
Share 49ersWebzone